Mitt???

Tiberius

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would gladly consider him, Paul, Cruz etc over any of the establishment guys.

Cruz? Please. It would like 1984 all over again, except in the blue column.

Yeah, I like Mitt, I think he'd be an excellent manager of the country. Having said that, I just don't see him being able to win. Latino's already have shown they won't vote for him, so at best he'd improve in that category on the margins. Plus, there is a small yet decisive and loud group of right wingers that won't go out and vote for him. Let's face it, you gotta have an overwhelming segment of the base voters to turn out to win.

Could he improve with "moderate" voters? Possibly, but it's already been reported that Mitt would plan on running to the right of Bush, which of course would hurt in the general elections.

Jeb Bush, I like. Will appeal to more latino's than any other politician from the right aside from Rubio, but the anti immigration reform base voters hate it and at the end of the day will be a wash. But I do like problem solvers and he certainly fits the bill.

The guy who in my view has a shot at getting the most voters from the entire right spectrum is Scott Walker. I can certainly see him appealing to the "establishment" types, simply because he is another problem solver who gets things done (unlike Cruz the clown) and I also see him appealing to right wingers. He has a conservative record and his epic defeat of the unions will win him a lot of kudos in the primaries. Plus, evangelicals will like him as well as he has a good record with them, yet he has an affable personality that even though he has these values that have been ostracized by the media and younger voters, he doesn't where these values on a sleeve and he's politically smart enough to not say Akin-Murdoch like comments.

Plus he comes from a middle class family, which is a positive as well.

The guy who in my view has a shot at getting the most voters from the entire right spectrum is Scott Walker.

He needs to get his name out there and the way to do it is to rely on the conservatives who supported and watched his systematic dismantling of the union power in Wisconsin. If he can get them out there working for him, he can start to get the name recognition he'll need to take on Hillary. The problem is that Jeb turned the money faucet on early, so everyone else has to get their name in their to preserve their donations, and Walker probably needs to expedite the announcement of his intentions sooner rather than later.

Edited by LABillzFan

He needs to get his name out there and the way to do it is to rely on the conservatives who supported and watched his systematic dismantling of the union power in Wisconsin. If he can get them out there working for him, he can start to get the name recognition he'll need to take on Hillary. The problem is that Jeb turned the money faucet on early, so everyone else has to get their name in their to preserve their donations, and Walker probably needs to expedite the announcement of his intentions sooner rather than later.

Oddly enough, the news of Mitt's possible entry probably was the best news guys like Walker could have wanted. Between Christie, Bush and Mitt all basically vying for the same swath of voters, it leaves an opening for guys like Walker.

Oddly enough, the news of Mitt's possible entry probably was the best news guys like Walker could have wanted. Between Christie, Bush and Mitt all basically vying for the same swath of voters, it leaves an opening for guys like Walker.

Speaking of Midwestern Governors, keep an eye on John Kasich from Ohio and Mike Pence from Indiana.

Kasich would fight for territory in the same big Government country club wing of the party as Jeb Bush, Romney, or Christie. But he doesn't have the toxic four letter last name as Jeb, the been there done that twice aura of Romney, or the general meh attitude most Republicans have toward Christie. He also spent several years in Congress and was part of the Republican majorities in the 90s that by todays standards seem like bipartisan cooperation. After the next two years of Obama's Executive Actions, I suspect the ability to work with the Legislature instead of around the Legislature will be a big selling point with voters.

Pense will run to the right in the primaries. On economic matters he will compete will Paul and Cruz but is also a social Conservative that can draw votes from big Government social Conservatives like Santorum or Huckabee. Like Kasich, Pense is also a former Congress Critter that can cite both Legislative and Executive experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Great news but it can only mean the rhino's plan to consolidate their resources behind Bush or Christie, which I would think make you happy. Conservatives have to out these guys for what they are in reality, Democrats, then we can get on with real options for a Constitutional prez.

Edited by Dante

Great news but it can only mean the rhino's plan to consolidate their resources behind Bush or Christie, which I would think make you happy. Conservatives have to out these guys for what they are in reality, Democrats, then we can get on with real options for a Constitutional prez.

Watch Scott Walker rise. The nutsuckers like gatorman will be so busy copy/pasting union talking points their eyeballs will bleed, because few people stuck it to the unions like Walker has, and one way to win America is to show everyone what unions are really all about...taking money from the nutsuckers to advance causes the nutsuckers don't even care about.