Whaley's job is safe

rafter

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Whaley and Rex could work. Was watching the Jets Hard Knocks season last night again. In the first episode, Rex is joking with Mike Tannenbaum about getting to have one draft pick. Rex selects John Connor as a late pick because he likes how physical he is.

What this says to me is while Rex will ask for players to run his scheme he doesn't think he's some NFL scouting master and will for the most part leave that alone. I do think Whaley should let Rex pick a guy with the 7th round pick just to keep his hands off the rest of the draft!

QB is still a huge question mark. Urbik and Pears are bad players. His job may be safe for now, but I don't think that fact is synonymous with him having a lot of time to bolster the talent on offense enough to make the playoffs. Anything less than 9-7 next season would be on Whaley in my book.

QB is still a huge question mark. Urbik and Pears are bad players. His job may be safe for now, but I don't think that fact is synonymous with him having a lot of time to bolster the talent on offense enough to make the playoffs. Anything less than 9-7 next season would be on Whaley in my book.

I dont really consider Urbick to be a bad player...he just isnt a REALLY GOOD player......

More like.....a dependable backup that can play both OG and C

The question is who has final call on personnel. It might be Rex. That might have been the carrot that closed the deal. That would put Doug under Rex. Doug and the pro personnel scouts have done good work. Does Rex dictate what he needs and Doug finds it?

I dont really consider Urbick to be a bad player...he just isnt a REALLY GOOD player......

More like.....a dependable backup that can play both OG and C

Yeah hes average and pears has no business being inside.

The question is who has final call on personnel. It might be Rex. That might have been the carrot that closed the deal. That would put Doug under Rex. Doug and the pro personnel scouts have done good work. Does Rex dictate what he needs and Doug finds it?

This sounds like you're guessing -- anything to back it up?

Whaley has done a good job. Rex probablly liked the agressive move for Watkins. Also, Whaley drafted Preston Brown, who is terribly underrated. And CB Graham as a FA. Also, who can forget Kiko. He hasn't "missed" on any QB's, there simply have not been any worth drafting. I think Doug and Rex will get along great.

Whaley has done a good job. Rex probablly liked the agressive move for Watkins. Also, Whaley drafted Preston Brown, who is terribly underrated. And CB Graham as a FA. Also, who can forget Kiko. He hasn't "missed" on any QB's, there simply have not been any worth drafting. I think Doug and Rex will get along great.

We don't yet know whether he "missed" on EJ, either -- despite what some would have you believe.

I have no complaints since Whaley has fully taken over. Drafting a QB is a total crap shoot unless you have the fortunes of drafting an Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning, or even a sure thing, high quality starter like Matthew Stafford. I didn't mention the Seattle QB, because he wasn't a 1st rounder overall 1st pick type of guy, and was actually drafted as an unknown, but I do think the kid is fast becoming elite.

The depth of the team is just awesome on defense. I hope Whaley becomes the Bills' next Polian type of guy.

While I think Whaley has done some really good things, I've got some concerns about him. Big concerns.

1. He has badly mismanaged the QB position at every level. He's chosen crappy starters, and basically ignored the backup QB position year after year. Heading into his 3rd year the position is an absolute mess.

2. The offensive line is a horrible mess. It has regressed over the past two years, and some of it is personnel - it isn't only Douchebag Marrone's fault.

How can you so badly manage two of the most important areas on the team? There's almost no excuse for it, as good as some of the other things he has done.

While I think Whaley has done some really good things, I've got some concerns about him. Big concerns.

1. He has badly mismanaged the QB position at every level. He's chosen crappy starters, and basically ignored the backup QB position year after year. Heading into his 3rd year the position is an absolute mess.

2. The offensive line is a horrible mess. It has regressed over the past two years, and some of it is personnel - it isn't only Douchebag Marrone's fault.

How can you so badly manage two of the most important areas on the team? There's almost no excuse for it, as good as some of the other things he has done.

Re offensive line, if they go out and get two good guards (say, a big FA and 2nd round pick), then don't we suddenly become stacked on the line? You get Urbik and Richardson as backups, and pears as a backup swing tackle, and the line is deep too.