I Absolutely LOVE the New Hires and I Will Tell You Why

1) Rex Ryan is a proven NFL commodity. Let's face it: the Falcons, 49ers, Bears, and even the Jets are all considered more desirable and prestigious coaching jobs. Reports have come out that Atlanta was Rex's first choice, followed by SF. That is not a negative thing that he wasn't in love with the Buffalo situation, it's a positive thing that we swooped in and got him while other teams were indecisive.

2) The coordinators are not the messiahs. Frank Reich is not ready to be a head coach. He just doesn't have enough experience. The Buffalo connection is cool, but he's not on other teams short lists. The Seahawks assistants are sexy, but really Pete Carroll is the one making it happen out there. We've seen other coaching trees plucked dry to no avail many times in the past around the league. That's not to say none of these coordinators will go on to have success, but if one of them goes on to coach a team to a conference championship game that would be considered a huge success. Rex has already done that.

3) Speaking of that conference championship game, that Jets team and roster with Sanchez and the great defense was pretty similar to the situation he is now taking over in Buffalo.

4) The defense was great under Pettine. The defense was great under Schwartz. The defense will be great under Ryan, because the defense has great players.

5) The last OC had no business being an NFL coordinator. The new OC has proven experience on a team that went to a Superbowl. This is a big upgrade over Hackett.

6) Both the new HC and OC have experience working with teams that have strong defensive talent and a lack of production from the QB position. I wish we had Andrew Luck on the roster, but the reality is we don't. These guys can work with what we have today.

7) I have my issues with Whaley. I am not an EJ Manuel guy, and with the way other rookies played this year the Watkins trade looks iffy. However, it seems clear to be that this team has been ON THE WHOLE increasing the amount of talent on the roster for the last several seasons. The owners sided with the current front office and I support them.

8) The Bills will get added national media attention with Rex as HC. If the team gets hot next year, it could cause Buffalo to all of a sudden become a much hotter free agent destination for the 2016 offseason.

9) The last several times the Bills had a coaching search, the process was lengthy and they were spurned by many candidates, and it felt like they were left scraping the bottom of the barrel. Jauron and Gailey were old, behind the times, and washed up. Marrone was a longshot flyer that no one else really wanted, who had a very marginal resume but happened to coach in the right geographic region. This time they interviewed a wide variety of great candidates, and acted decisively in getting a quality staff in place.

10) RYAN AND ROMAN IS A CLEAR UPGRADE OVER MARRONE AND HACKETT

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should have mentioned Roman more, he is a huge pickup. Our offense will have a ton of creativity and players love him. He makes it easy and he's on the cutting edge. He's also had great success with the running game and even had very good success with a young mobile QB and even Alex Smith had his best year under him. Great hires! A+.

Also hoping we can add Iupati, Davis, Crabtree and hell throw in Gore too. Hearing rumors of a possible Revis and Rex reconnection? One things for sure, things have gotten and will be very interesting. Love it!

Also keep in mind with the Rex Ryan signing, we may attract better qualified assistant coaches to fill in any current and/or future vacancies than we would've with a different HC. I can't wait for next season!

We're doomed!

Doom on you! Doom on you! :thumbsup:

Most important thing we need to focus on in the next 3 years is beating Brady and the Pats with whoever our mediocre qb happens to be.

If we don't beat them we will never win a championship.

Rex is the only proven HC in the world that has beat up the Pats multiple times without a great qb. In fact, he almost did it twice this year with Geno.

As far as resume goes, he wins in my book.

Always liked guy, glad he's on board.

Roman's first few years with San Francisco were pretty great. They didn't look so hot this year. I hope it has more to do with the Harbaugh fall out than him losing his creativity. Maybe he can even get Manuel where we want him to be. EJ is not anywhere near Kap's raw talent, but some of his issues are similar. Roman did a good job scheming with those in mind.

I'm really excited. Hope there's a way we retain our defensive staff (Schwartz, Pepper and Donnie) despite Rex moving in, but if we can't I trust Rex and his crew with our defensive talent.

You should have mentioned Roman more, he is a huge pickup. Our offense will have a ton of creativity and players love him. He makes it easy and he's on the cutting edge. He's also had great success with the running game and even had very good success with a young mobile QB and even Alex Smith had his best year under him. Great hires! A+.

Also hoping we can add Iupati, Davis, Crabtree and hell throw in Gore too. Hearing rumors of a possible Revis and Rex reconnection? One things for sure, things have gotten and will be very interesting. Love it!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Its a lot to digest in a short time.One piece that I really am looking for is who will be our OLine coach and who our quarterback coach will be.

more like who our Oline and QB will be.

1) Rex Ryan is a proven NFL commodity. Let's face it: the Falcons, 49ers, Bears, and even the Jets are all considered more desirable and prestigious coaching jobs. Reports have come out that Atlanta was Rex's first choice, followed by SF. That is not a negative thing that he wasn't in love with the Buffalo situation, it's a positive thing that we swooped in and got him while other teams were indecisive.

2) The coordinators are not the messiahs. Frank Reich is not ready to be a head coach. He just doesn't have enough experience. The Buffalo connection is cool, but he's not on other teams short lists. The Seahawks assistants are sexy, but really Pete Carroll is the one making it happen out there. We've seen other coaching trees plucked dry to no avail many times in the past around the league. That's not to say none of these coordinators will go on to have success, but if one of them goes on to coach a team to a conference championship game that would be considered a huge success. Rex has already done that.

3) Speaking of that conference championship game, that Jets team and roster with Sanchez and the great defense was pretty similar to the situation he is now taking over in Buffalo.

4) The defense was great under Pettine. The defense was great under Schwartz. The defense will be great under Ryan, because the defense has great players.

5) The last OC had no business being an NFL coordinator. The new OC has proven experience on a team that went to a Superbowl. This is a big upgrade over Hackett.

6) Both the new HC and OC have experience working with teams that have strong defensive talent and a lack of production from the QB position. I wish we had Andrew Luck on the roster, but the reality is we don't. These guys can work with what we have today.

7) I have my issues with Whaley. I am not an EJ Manuel guy, and with the way other rookies played this year the Watkins trade looks iffy. However, it seems clear to be that this team has been ON THE WHOLE increasing the amount of talent on the roster for the last several seasons. The owners sided with the current front office and I support them.

8) The Bills will get added national media attention with Rex as HC. If the team gets hot next year, it could cause Buffalo to all of a sudden become a much hotter free agent destination for the 2016 offseason.

9) The last several times the Bills had a coaching search, the process was lengthy and they were spurned by many candidates, and it felt like they were left scraping the bottom of the barrel. Jauron and Gailey were old, behind the times, and washed up. Marrone was a longshot flyer that no one else really wanted, who had a very marginal resume but happened to coach in the right geographic region. This time they interviewed a wide variety of great candidates, and acted decisively in getting a quality staff in place.

Couldn't agree more. Roman was the major architect behind Smith's success in 2011 and Kap's success in 2012 which got them all the way to the brink of a Super Bowl victory. He'll be a major upgrade over what we had previously.

Most important thing we need to focus on in the next 3 years is beating Brady and the Pats with whoever our mediocre qb happens to be.

If we don't beat them we will never win a championship.

Rex is the only proven HC in the world that has beat up the Pats multiple times without a great qb. In fact, he almost did it twice this year with Geno.

As far as resume goes, he wins in my book.

Always liked guy, glad he's on board.

YES good point Rex knows how to beat the Patriots.

He has shown he knows how to approach them.

Defense wasn't great under Pettine...it was good. Terrible against the run. Schwartz D was much better

Can't be hard knocks with a first year coach.

As for Roman.... other than the pistol for Kaep what about his offense was innovative? It was a run first, ride the bell cow offense from what I can see. Not necessarily saying that is a bad thing for Buffalo I just don't get the "innovative" talk. Although he is certainly an upgrade on Nate.

It's really hard taking your hot sports opinions seriously with a name like DukeyBomb.

signed BeefCurtns

Can't be hard knocks with a first year coach.

As for Roman.... other than the pistol for Kaep what about his offense was innovative? It was a run first, ride the bell cow offense from what I can see. Not necessarily saying that is a bad thing for Buffalo I just don't get the "innovative" talk. Although he is certainly an upgrade on Nate.

I thought that was the case too but it appears the Bills can be considered according to reports.

i don't love him but I like the hire. A coach with some frigging passion, he has won.

The team could have done worse. This IMO is a bad year for HC searches. Rumor has it

There is an actual Saint out there looking for a gig. WTF? rex, take us too the promised land

I can see him hoisting a Lombardi, the last guy not so much.

Flutie, nice post. I loved your comments so I'll add just a couple of small points.

It will be much easier to add value players in free agency for those nice value role people. We should be able to find at least one solid guard. Second, I'm betting one of Whaley's selling points is they have so plan to add at QB (one of the second tier guys who may be out there). As to the draft, we may not have a first, but we can focus a great deal on offense with those 6 picks. Once Kiko comes back, we'll have even more depth. My not having a franchise QB, we can probably resign Hughes.