What are the Bills waiting for?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, as well as the view that the pecking order above him, Russ, Kim, have a poor NFL management reputation and track record, and more to the point, that she is a novice at best.

That's why people left, and/or changed their minds about getting involved with this organization. More good people will be leaving in the coming weeks for the same reason.

Do you have any proof of this or are you just spouting random BS and trying to pawn it off as fact? No one has said the Pegula's have a poor NFL management reputation. The only reputation they should have is as the NEW owners.

Marrone left because he's a coward and wanted his 4 Mil. Nothing to do with poor NFL management reputation. and Polian ( who you must be referring to about changing his mind), chose not to come because he didn't want to put in the work for finding a new HC and a QB.

Good read

Why Patience is a Virtue In The Buffalo Bills Coaching Search

http://billsmafia.com/2015/01/10/patience-virtue-buffalo-bills-coaching-search/

Thanks ! That was refreshing.

I was glad that the suggestion was made that the Bills did not come out of the Marrone thing " unscathed " my word..)

Pegula learning lesson we hope, right ?

I don't think they are waiting for anything, I think they are inept. Why interview 20/30 people? It's a waste of everybody's time. This isn't a rebuild job, it's a team on the cusp of winning. That said I don't think you want an inexperienced, would be first time head coach coming in here and learning on the job. This position right now needs an experienced coach to come in and hit the ground running, like a Rex Ryan. Target 5 maybe 10 guys like that and hire somebody, this interviewing of 20/30 guys is a waste IMO. He who hesitates is lost.

I think they can learn a lot about coaches and the league by interviewing so many. Very unique opportunity, especially for new owners. Then to know so many of the coaches they'll play against one day. That's gotta be worth a lot and about more than just finding their coach.

Let's count 'em off as of now, they've interviewed:

1. Dan Quinn - DC Seattle
  2. Hue Jackson - OC Cinci
  3. Adam Gase - OC Denver
  4. Rex Ryan - HC J-E-S-T-S
  5. Darrell Bevel - OC Seattle
  6. Teryl Austin - DC Detwat
  7. Mike Shanana - HC Washington
  8. Josh McDaniels - OC Pats*
  9. Pep Hamilton - OC Indy
  10. Jim Schwartz - DC Bills
  11. Pat Shurmur - OC Iggles
  12. Frank Reich - OC Bolts
  13. Greg Roman - OC 49ers
  14. Kyle Shanana - OC Brownies

They could also be looking at both Dullass Coordinators and even their HC none of whom are under contract after this season ends. Kubiak is another possibility, and there might be someone from Kallage that they'd take a look at.

Unless a coach is offered a "dream job" and overrides his agent's advice (assuming that dream is not to be the HC of the Buffalo Bills)

Doug Marrone is the only one whose dream is getting paid to not be the HC of the Buffalo Bills.

kj

Let's count 'em off as of now, they've interviewed:

1. Dan Quinn - DC Seattle
  2. Hue Jackson - OC Cinci
  3. Adam Gase - OC Denver
  4. Rex Ryan - HC J-E-S-T-S
  5. Darrell Bevel - OC Seattle
  6. Teryl Austin - DC Detwat
  7. Mike Shanana - HC Washington
  8. Josh McDaniels - OC Pats*
  9. Pep Hamilton - OC Indy
  10. Jim Schwartz - DC Bills
  11. Pat Shurmur - OC Iggles
  12. Frank Reich - OC Bolts
  13. Greg Roman - OC 49ers
  14. Kyle Shanana - OC Brownies

They could also be looking at both Dullass Coordinators and even their HC none of whom are under contract after this season ends. Kubiak is another possibility, and there might be someone from Kallage that they'd take a look at.

This is horrible Nanker. shoddy craftmanship!

Could please rearrange them by date and make give this list some order !

but thanks.

14 and counting.

Doug Marrone is the only one whose dream is getting paid to not be the HC of the Buffalo Bills.

kj

stupid dream

Hello everybody. I'm new to the board, but love what I've read so far. Great place to talk Bills football!

With all respect, I couldn't disagree more. By this theory, all teams who need a HC are at fault. Great, a fifth of the leagues teams are clueless.... Really?

The Bills job is coveted by any canidate that has any idea of what they are getting --

-A great defensive and DC if you want to keep him. Jjust play the Green Bay game on replay to hammer this point home. GB was looking to win that game, and Buffalo's defense destroyed the confidence of the league's MVP and by far the most hyped player this season.

-The most important thing - an owner who will write checks, and a GM who makes moves. Like it or not...the FO is going to try. Some Bills fans are scared of this because of the track record. But most fans like taking the risks it takes to improve the organization. A downtown, outdoor stadium that's striped down so that the fans actually watch the games and cheer for the Bills instead of being distracted by bars and restuarents would be ideal. Downtown stadiums aren't needed in NYC or LA, but it would be a benefit for the Bills. The Ralph is too old.

The quarterback and runningback situations are what they are. Every coach wants Aaron Rogers. But even then, it's supposed to be hard, not easy. If a coach is hesitant about taking the Bills' job, then he doesn't see all the good, only the bad, and therefore he's not a good fit for the job. OBD is doing the right thing so far, so let's give them what they deserve at this point- patience from us. We can prematurely blast them when this pick the next HC..

Welcome. Nice points, well presented. Don't let some on the board corrupt you. :)

It certainly smacks of desperation, Promo. Desperation.

They could have at least given the media the opportunity to blast them for being the second or third team to hire a new HC and losing out on their "first choice" while lying about their having to settle for getting leftovers, saying Rex was their guy all along.

Tortuous, convoluted, twisting acrobatics is a fine art form in WNY media. They could medal in the Olympics if it was an official event.