Jets - Dan Quinn the likely hire

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard same but wondering if it's a smokescreen with the Marrone tampering issue

Dunno. On the surface Quinn looks like a safer hire than Marrone. The Seahawks defense was great already in 2012, but reached legendary status after he took over in 2013, when Quinn assumed control. Of course, Carroll is a defensive coach too. Still, he looks like a good hire to me.

If he's reaching out to coordinators and trying to get everything together I can't imagine the game this weekend has his full attention.

Well, they're playing a team with a losing record. They're going to annihilate the Panthers. I won't be surprised if the score is on the order of 38-6. I don't care what Carolina has done lately. Their wins have come against the weak sisters of the league.

Dunno. On the surface Quinn looks like a safer hire than Marrone. The Seahawks defense was great already in 2012, but reached legendary status after he took over in 2013, when Quinn assumed control. Of course, Carroll is a defensive coach too. Still, he looks like a good hire to me.

agree - he is a good hire and has been in demand for a couple years

So they hope!! Sure they NYETS interviewed him during the bye week.

IMHO Dan Quinn will be interviewing for most of the open HCing jobs out there. There are many more advantageous places to go to succeed faster than the NYETS

Also saying that now .... wouldn't that be illegal in the NFL for him to perform any duties for the NYETS? The Seahawks are still in the playoffs and favorites to play for another 2 games.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

What's kind of great about this would be if the Falcons hire Sexy Rexy, and the Jets really want Quinn, but the Seahawks ake it to the Super Bowl. Marrone may be waiting for the Jet job, and they won't know for sure if Quinn is going to take it, or if Shanny the younger is going with his dad somewhere. Marrone could really be screwed waiting on the Jets and left out in the cold when the music stops.

What's kind of great about this would be if the Falcons hire Sexy Rexy, and the Jets really want Quinn, but the Seahawks ake it to the Super Bowl. Marrone may be waiting for the Jet job, and they won't know for sure if Quinn is going to take it, or if Shanny the younger is going with his dad somewhere. Marrone could really be screwed waiting on the Jets and left out in the cold when the music stops.

Part of me likes this scenario for the immediate "in your face" satisfaction it will give me. On a deeper level, I really hope he gets the Jets job and we destroy them year, after year, after year. It will just be too fun to root against him to not want him to get the job.

You are a wise and astute thinker, but I hope even the Jets are smart enough to distance themselves from "Mr. MereText".

It's funny - on the Jets boards, the fans seem to have the opposite take - that Woody J is afraid of the Pegulas and worries that he might get caught. Hence the move away from Marrone.

Can't he accept the job prior to the season ending?

I've heard same but wondering if it's a smokescreen with the Marrone tampering issue

The problem with Marrone in NY is no GM. Casserly said it would be ideal to have a GM in place before hiring a coach, but not a deal breaker. I imagine given his rep, hiring Marrone may have a severe impact on the pool of GM candidates interested in the job.