Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

4 Marines killed in attacks on Chattanooga military facilities

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. -- A gunman unleashed a barrage of gunfire at two military facilities Thursday in Tennessee, killing at least four Marines and wounding a soldier and a police officer, officials told CBS News. The suspect also was killed.

Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke said five people died in all, including the gunman. Two law enforcement sources told CBS News that the shooting suspect was identified as Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez.

U.S. Attorney Bill Killian said officials were treating the attacks as an "act of domestic terrorism," though FBI Special Agent in Charge Ed Reinhold said authorities were still investigating a motive.

Officials told CBS News correspondent David Marin that four U.S. Marines were among the dead and another was injured.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-police-officer-shot-near-tennessee-army-recruiting-center/

Attack began around 10:30 AM...........................Twitter post at 10: 34.

Chattanooga-tweet.jpg

FYI

http://gawker.com/isis-didnt-actually-tweet-a-warning-about-the-chattan-1718365270

I know you're joking, but this again shows that NSA intrusion into every element of our digital lives is not done to stop terrorism. They've failed, again, to stop an attack despite having Cate Blanchett (I mean carte blanche) ... so, ask yourself, why are they really interested in spying on American citizens? It certainly isn't to stop terror attacks.

That's quite the gatorman logic at place here.

You recognize that NSA has no legal authority over activities in the US, and anything they catch that can happen here has to be turned over to the fbi.

But I digress.

There are several posters here who are on record to say they are willing to live with US lives to be lost to preserve liberty. Toy haven't done that except to complain.

That's quite the gatorman logic at place here.

You recognize that NSA has no legal authority over activities in the US, and anything they catch that can happen here has to be turned over to the fbi.

But I digress.

There are several posters here who are on record to say they are willing to live with US lives to be lost to preserve liberty. Toy haven't done that except to complain.

I disagree it's gatorman logic. The entire selling point for the most controversial sections of the Patriot Act, specifically those dealing with bulk collection of US citizens' data, was that it helps stop terrorists before they act. In just the past few months we've had two guys -- who weren't exactly hiding in the shadows with their plans -- who have slipped through the net. Add the Boston bombers to that list (whom the FBI were even warned about in advance). There hasn't been any verified incidents of terror attacks being prevented by this all-knowing, all-seeing, invasion of privacy known as the intelligence apparatus in the country. So, can we at least be honest about what these programs are really designed to do? They aren't really designed to prevent, predict, or stop "terrorism".

You recognize that NSA has no legal authority over activities in the US.

And yet they collect data on every American citizen, every day. Why?

I disagree it's gatorman logic. The entire selling point for the most controversial sections of the Patriot Act, specifically those dealing with bulk collection of US citizens' data, was that it helps stop terrorists before they act. In just the past few months we've had two guys -- who weren't exactly hiding in the shadows with their plans -- who have slipped through the net. Add the Boston bombers to that list (whom the FBI were even warned about in advance). There hasn't been any verified incidents of terror attacks being prevented by this all-knowing, all-seeing, invasion of privacy known as the intelligence apparatus in the country. So, can we at least be honest about what these programs are really designed to do? They aren't really designed to prevent, predict, or stop "terrorism".

It's full on Gator logic to think that just because you haven't heard of a plot that was discovered that none have ever been.

I know you're joking, but this again shows that NSA intrusion into every element of our digital lives is not done to stop terrorism. They've failed, again, to stop an attack despite having Cate Blanchett (I mean carte blanche) ... so, ask yourself, why are they really interested in spying on American citizens? It certainly isn't to stop terror attacks.

I'm not defending the NSA but how do you know for a fact they have failed time and time again to stop an attack?

I'm not defending the NSA but how do you know for a fact they have failed time and time again to stop an attack?

Here's a pretty good article on the subject. It's just my opinion, but I don't take the NSA at their word, and I'm very skeptical of their claims, especially since none of their claims appear to have been substantiated.

http://www.propublica.org/article/claim-on-attacks-thwarted-by-nsa-spreads-despite-lack-of-evidence

It's full on Gator logic to think that just because you haven't heard of a plot that was discovered that none have ever been.

That's not what I said. I'm well aware of the nature of intelligence work and how some things will never come to the light of day. Yet, the NSA itself, while doing spin control for the past two years since the Snowden docs came out, has tried several times to show how their work has saved lives -- all of their claims have been proven to be hogwash. The NSA itself has tried, and failed, to offer up proof of their programs' effectiveness at fighting terrorism, yet we've had multiple high profile !@#$ ups where the perpetrators of the crimes were boasting about it on social media before doing the deed -- and the NSA "super awesome going to save American lives spying program" failed.

This is undeniable. So if they keep failing, and we've been sold a bill of goods that we have to sacrifice privacy for safety (yet those methods aren't actually keeping us safer), at what point do we wake up and start asking the real question. These programs were NEVER designed to prevent terrorist attacks. That's not what NSA does nor is it what they're interested in doing. These programs are designed to collect and store information about American citizens... and they do it very, very, well. And that has NOTHING to do with stopping terrorists. It has to do with maintaining control.

By NSA's own admission they've never used these programs to stop a terrorist attack. They once claimed they had over 47 (I forget the actual number) of plots they foiled -- most of those were later revealed to be bogus (part of Clapper's blatant purger y in front of Congress).

Here's a pretty good article on the subject. It's just my opinion, but I don't take the NSA at their word, and I'm very skeptical of their claims, especially since none of their claims appear to have been substantiated.

http://www.propublica.org/article/claim-on-attacks-thwarted-by-nsa-spreads-despite-lack-of-evidence

:beer: Thanks, I should have linked something.

Sorry if this was already posted, but, I loved hearing Scott Walker, during his formal candidacy announcement, specifically say "Radical Islamic Terrorism", is our #1 threat, not climate change.

:lol: I loved that. All I could think of is the pants pissing going on in Democratic circles.

Dear Left: Comedians Aren’t National Security Analysts

Back in 2010, Jon Stewart — the Left’s favorite comedian — had a grand old time making fun of Tennesseeans who opposed a new mosque in Murfreesboro, casting opponents (many of whom were concerned that a mosque leader had posted photos supporting Hamas) as bigoted yokels. The spot was called “Tennessee No Evil.”

(Video at the link)
Now, let’s fast-forward to 2015 — after a second man radicalized in Tennessee attacked a recruiting station. Here’s Politico’s most recent cover story:

CKr6e8SWwAArifF.jpg
My own view is the truth lies somewhere between Stewart’s total dismissal of concerned Tennesseans and the argument that my home state truly is the capital of domestic jihad. But the idea that Tennessee citizens were idiots for expressing concern about radical mosques should have been plainly wrong even in 2010. After all, the year before a Tennessee man named Carlos Bledsoe attended a nearby Nashville mosque and attacked a Little Rock, Arkansas, recruiting station — killing one soldier and critically injuring another.
But this is Jon Stewart we’re talking about, and he’s “indispensable” and such, so — really — who cares about the facts?

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner

Turkey's link to ISIS confirmed:

A US-led raid on the compound housing the Islamic State’s ‘chief financial officer’ produced evidence that Turkish officials directly dealt with ranking ISIS members, Martin Chulov ofthe Guardian reported recently.

Islamic State official Abu Sayyaf was responsible for directing the terror army’s oil and gas operations in Syria. Islamic State (aka ISIS, ISIL, or Daesh) earns up to $US10 million per month selling oil on black markets.

Documents and flash drives seized during the Sayyaf raid reportedly revealed links “so clear” and “undeniable” between Turkey and ISIS “that they could end up having profound policy implications for the relationship between us and Ankara,” a senior western official familiar with the captured intelligence told the Guardian.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/links-between-turkey-and-isis-are-now-undeniable-2015-7

• 1 month later...

xin_492100524073193791903.jpg

Nice work, when western backed groups target civilians with car bombs they're "rebels"

---------------------------

Syria car bomb kills 10 in Bashar al-Assad's stronghold

"... the explosion suggested that the rebels have managed to infiltrate Latakia."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/11839761/Syria-car-bomb-kills-10-in-Bashar-al-Assads-stronghold.html

Edited by JTSP

You do realize that the same people that are being hired to do analytics for terrorism....are of the same ilk as Obamacare designers? Right?

I swear on a stack of whatever you require: if the very best this country offered worked on these projects, we'd get it right. And, perhaps amazingly, for you, the very best don't avoid DC because of the lack of $. No. The government consultants I've worked with tell me that once you're in, you're in. It doesn't matter if you've failed 20 times. This attracts the mediocre, not the best. (And in case you're wondering? women/minority owned businesses suck just as bad as white male owned firms...when it comes to government projects. It's just a big pile of suck.)

Ask Chef about his super-secret NDA of the Google and Apple programmers....who can't find their ass on a real enterprise project, becuase they only do consumer. Even if he doesn't answer: ultimately they brought in a representative of the real elite in IT, Accenture.

Meanwhile, a guy like me, who has(as I've already posted recently) smoked the competition in a GSA bid, and still loses? It's not worth it to us. We're better off dealing with serious people.

This is why, if you want things done right, you should support the opposite of whatever the far left says. The opposite means, by definition "doing it right".

Please understand: Marrone is right in this case. Effort <> results. If the new POTUS comes out and says "I will support the best bid for bulk collection of data", and actually does that? We WOULD catch the Tangos ahead of time.

Don't confuse comptence with incompetence/government enabled. But, also realize that the US government can only hire Accenture et al so many times before it becomes a total ass-raping.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

• 3 weeks later...

Islamic Radicals Publish Hit List on Bloggers

Jethro Mullen of CNN reports:

Extremists in Bangladesh publish global hit list of bloggers and writers

Islamic extremists in Bangladesh appear to be taking their war on secular writers and bloggers beyond the South Asian country’s borders.

A hit list purporting to be from the militant group Ansarullah Bangla Team has been sent out threatening people in Europe and North America.

Terror Fears As Iran Frees Al Qaeda Members

Some intelligence agencies warn the five men may travel to Syria and make use of its chaotic landscape to plot attacks elsewhere.

Iran has released five senior al Qaeda operatives from detention and will soon allow them to leave the country, prompting fears they will join other terrorists in Syria planning attacks on the West.

According to intelligence sources, three of the five are members of al Qaeda's ruling committee the Shura Council.

(Excerpt) Read more at news.sky.com ...