Whaley Creds to trade for QB

Profitspro

This situation reminds me a lot of what Alex Smith said about when he first came into the league. He was coached to avoid turnovers at all costs and it got into his head, he was suddenly thinking about everything and paranoid to screw something up instead of trusting his instincts and cutting it lose. He said he realized if he kept playing that way he would be out of the league very soon and decided he would go out on his own terms playing his game.

Marrone and Hacket's coaching seemed to take away any of EJ's instincts, instead he's worried about his feet being in the right place and just sailing the ball out of bounds instead of risking making a play. We need someone smart enough and ballsy enough to risk letting EJ be EJ.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the risk of developing just about any young QB, though.

That's the game. No one has won anything despite the QB since the Dilfer Ravens and the way the league is continuing to change the rules that's not going to happen anytime soon. Even a lesser QB that's won like Flacco won because the Ravens decided to just cut it lose and allow him to throw bombs.

All indications look like it's all about EJ this year. He's now had 2 years in the league, one where he was forced into perhaps too much too soon and one where he sat almost the entire year. Now that we are past losing our pick, I'm completely fine riding EJ. I'd like to bring in a vet who will help him but not push him (like the Andrew Luck - Matt Hasselbeck) relationship and take a developmental guy in the 5th round. People act like they know Bradford or Cutler would surely put us in the playoffs and it's a ridiculous notion. Support EJ, get him a good coach and a vet to sit in the room with him and let him sink or swim. If he flames out we'll be in a position to get a new QB next year.

The only problem I have with this fairly logical approach is the defense is championship caliber right now. If EJ flops and we have to start over at QB it makes it difficult for all three phases to line up. ST and D are good enough to win right away. I don't know what it will take to get a decent vet qb in here for training camp but it needs to happen. If EJ wins the job so be it. But they need to give up what's necessary to get a vet. My 2 cents

The only problem I have with this fairly logical approach is the defense is championship caliber right now. If EJ flops and we have to start over at QB it makes it difficult for all three phases to line up. ST and D are good enough to win right away. I don't know what it will take to get a decent vet qb in here for training camp but it needs to happen. If EJ wins the job so be it. But they need to give up what's necessary to get a vet. My 2 cents

Completely reasonable. That's why I absolutely hated the Orton starting move. Marrone didn'tworry about anything but himself.

Completely reasonable. That's why I absolutely hated the Orton starting move. Marrone didn'tworry about anything but himself.

Or maybe Marrone seen the same thing, a stacked defense and special teams. That's why he made the switch at QB.

Whaley is the best thing to happen to this franchise in over a decade. I surmise our Oline problems had more to do with coaching, or lack there of. Which had a negative effect on our QB's and our Running game.

I trust Whaley more than any GM we have had since Butler left. I truly hope the organization does not burn him out or throw him out.

Whaley is the best thing to happen to this franchise in over a decade. I surmise our Oline problems had more to do with coaching, or lack there of. Which had a negative effect on our QB's and our Running game.

I trust Whaley more than any GM we have had since Butler left. I truly hope the organization does not burn him out or throw him o

1000000% agree

The fit between EJ and Marrone was clearly a bad one. Whoever is most at fault? Only time will tell.

i contest he looked more poised confident and comfortable in his first to pro games than most of the rest.

I contest most QBs that make it to the NFL, particularly those with decorated college careers and drafted reasonably high have adequate arm talent.

So if so, then I argue differentiation comes down to football IQ, confidence and comfort.

If all of that is agreeable, now add a rookie new to the league, wanting to become great, believing the coaches are there to lead him to greatness.

Consider during his on boarding in the NFL he hears, don't run anymore, don't throw picks, don't read too fast, don't read too slow, you are holding the ball too long...while trying to master a choreographed steps/timing offense. You are micromanaged by a control freak in every facet of your game. What's the result?

A smooth calm natural playmaker or the herky jerky robotic skittish product we saw this year?

Now is that an indictment of whaley and his qb judgement?

Whaley is all in on EJ and Sammy. He admitted as much when he maneuvered to make these hail mary picks. While the price for Sammy was clearly an overpay, at least he's flashed some #1 receiver potential. EJ is like the Ted Black turd burger choice on the Sabres 3rd uniform. No matter how much lipstick and lip-service he puts on that pig it's still a pig. Of course, miracles sometimes happen and busts can turn it around. It's not impossible. But, come on...what top coach in their right mind would be willing to hitch his career star to EJ's wagon?

Whaley is all in on EJ and Sammy. He admitted as much when he maneuvered to make these hail mary picks. While the price for Sammy was clearly an overpay, at least he's flashed some #1 receiver potential. EJ is like the Ted Black turd burger choice on the Sabres 3rd uniform. No matter how much lipstick and lip-service he puts on that pig it's still a pig. Of course, miracles sometimes happen and busts can turn it around. It's not impossible. But, come on...what top coach in their right mind would be willing to hitch his career star to EJ's wagon?

At least you live up to your name.

And Harbaugh and Chip Kelly would love to work with a guy like Manuel. Great coaches are cocky. Manuel has everything you want in a QB but has struggled to harness it. And he is a great dude as well.

It's sad that so many Bills fans want to give up on a QB after 14 games and a very questionable coaching staff. Patience is dead.

At least you live up to your name.

And Harbaugh and Chip Kelly would love to work with a guy like Manuel. Great coaches are cocky. Manuel has everything you want in a QB but has struggled to harness it. And he is a great dude as well.

It's sad that so many Bills fans want to give up on a QB after 14 games and a very questionable coaching staff. Patience is dead.

Harbaugh/Chip love Manuel so much, they didn't bother drafting him.

Harbaugh/Chip love Manuel so much, they didn't bother drafting him.

It's part of the reason the Bills drafted EJ in the 1st.

Harbaugh traded for Gabbert and Kelly signed Sanchez, 2 players who had worse rookie years than EJ. Great coaches probably laugh at "offensive geniuses" like Marrone and Hackett.

You are not getting anything more then a 4th or 5th round pick for Hughes.Teams do not trade high picks or QB'S who can play for undersized DE who stats were more because he was playing with three guys who were pro bowlers then his talent alone.Not to say he is not a good player but you can find undersized speed rushers in the draft and not have to pay them 10 million plus.