Bills may be trying to sign Bradham to extension

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Git er done. Injuries always prevent LB crew from making it intact for an entire season, but on paper starting LB crew looks very good regardless of who the DC is. Spikes is an interesting situation. Hope they can keep him, but in a pass first league, his kind of going the way of the dodo, especially with a stud D Line. If Spikes wants the moon, give Spikes' $$ to Hughes and draft an LB. Plus we have a couple LBs backups who can play as well. Hell, I could play behind that front 4. Go Bills!

He's good and I'd like to keep him. But I doubt the Bills will break the bank to do so. If he will accept a reasonable extension, great. If not. Too many other priorities.

Locking in a young and rising LB who arguably played at pro-bowl levels this year is an absolute priority for a franchise that's accustomed to letting their home grown talent walk.

He's good and I'd like to keep him. But I doubt the Bills will break the bank to do so. If he will accept a reasonable extension, great. If not. Too many other priorities.

An above average starting OLB is a high priority.

Maybe I'm ignorant, but I think Bradham played "solid" not great football this year. That being said, I'm all for locking him up, I'd love to have an intact LB corps that can develop together. We also need to bring in some young talent at DT and DE to develop behind Mario and Kyle on the line.

Maybe I'm ignorant, but I think Bradham played "solid" not great football this year. That being said, I'm all for locking him up, I'd love to have an intact LB corps that can develop together. We also need to bring in some young talent at DT and DE to develop behind Mario and Kyle on the line.

He played great. He really did. It's worth rewatching games just to see him flying all over the field. He made huge strides in his coverage this season, meaning he was able to stay on the field more than ever. The guy is a flat out beast -- the type of LB other team's don't look forward to playing because he hits with such force.

You're not ignorant, but Bradham played much more than "solid" football. He is a rising star.

They also need to re-sign Dareus, Gilmore and Glenn too.

I would put all 3 before Bradham.

You're forgetting who is holding the purse strings now. All can be done in due time; it is always best to try and lock up the "under the radar" rising stars first. Dareus and Gilmore aren't under any radar.

Betcha a nickel that Jerry Hughes follows Doug Marrone to the Jets. For a TON of money. Alongside Richardson and Wilkerson, he'll thrive on single blocking like he's been getting alongside Wiliams, Dareus, and Williams. He'll be loving life in beautiful downtown New Jersey.

Bradham OTOH is like Darryl Talley, a great Bill who doesn't seem to get any recognition elsewhere.

None of them need to be signed this year... and signing Bradham now conceivably gives you more money to sign those three next year.

Bradham doesn't need to be re-signed this year either. All I'm saying is that they shouldn't break the bank for him. If someone wants to overpay for him next off season, so be it.

Betcha a nickel that Jerry Hughes follows Doug Marrone to the Jets. For a TON of money. Alongside Richardson and Wilkerson, he'll thrive on single blocking like he's been getting alongside Wiliams, Dareus, and Williams. He'll be loving life in beautiful downtown New Jersey.

Bradham OTOH is like Darryl Talley, a great Bill who doesn't seem to get any recognition elsewhere.

he could follow Marrone to NJ, but Marrone wouldn't notice he was there.

I will take that bet. I doubt Jerry Hughes is following St. Doug anywhere. In fact, Marrone's leaving probably increases the chance of Hughes staying.

I would imagine that Hughes hates Marrone, who yelled at him "Do you want to be on this team?!" during the preseason (although it was over something fairly dumb). But who didn't even know he was not on the field and kept him off it for an entire half in one of the biggest games of the year.

I would imagine that Hughes hates Marrone, who yelled at him "Do you want to be on this team?!" during the preseason (although it was over something fairly dumb). But who didn't even know he was not on the field and kept him off it for an entire half in one of the biggest games of the year.

+1. Utah please explain why a player who has reason to dislike a coach would then follow him?