any head coaching candidates with a history with Schwartz?

Drreef2

Starting to get that feeling as well. At first, we only seemed to hear about the Bills wanting to interview current OCs for their head coaching position. With Quinn and Austin (and maybe Ryan) to be interviewed, that seems to have changed.

That's a fall back position. I'm afraid Jim S. won't be with the team in 2015. :angry:

You think? My pea-brain can't keep up with all the moving parts, but I was thinking there was still a pretty good chance the Pegulas intend on keeping him iun the fold.

I thought I heard that the Bills denied the Redskins the an interview for their DC position. I was thinking that if Schwartz didn't get the Bills HC job, they would likely hire an offensive oriented coach, and offer Schwartz an "defensive coordinator/assistant head coach" title with a lucrative extension. I have yet to see anybody interested in Schwartz for a HC job. With the defensive talent the Bills have, Schwartz could do far worse. Nobody seems to be beating down his door for a promotion right now. Why not re-build your resume with a top 5 defense for a few years?

None that I know...but I am doubting that Schwartz is thrilled that the Pegulas are requesting permission to interview Teryl Austin.

Austin was not with Schwartz in Detroit. But I guess if any def coordinators become head coach, Schwartz is gone

Starting to get that feeling as well. At first, we only seemed to hear about the Bills wanting to interview current OCs for their head coaching position. With Quinn and Austin (and maybe Ryan) to be interviewed, that seems to have changed.

Yes, a little surprised about the interest in defensive guys, but read that as, perhaps, the Pegulas thinking Schwartz would be a pain in the ass to deal with if he doesn't get the HC job.... he does seem a little emotional and tightly wound... hoping that isn't the case, and my first scenario (above) turns out the reality.

Edited by Buftex

I totally believe the concept that the Pegulas want to interview as many potential HCs as they can to get a feeling about what the rest of the league thinks about our players and prospects, as well as what their solution is for it and who they plan on bringing with them. That's just good business for first timers.

I don't think that they have actually interviewed any Rooney Rule guy yet, so they may just be trying to set up interviews with the minority guys, Jackson, Hamilton, Austin, and whomever gets there first they have satisfied it, so if someone great shows up and they mutually want each other they can make a move quick.

I thoroughly believe that Schwartz is coming back unless a defensive minded guy totally blows them away and has a bona fide OC to come in as well as a well designed plan on what to do with this offense. That seems like a longshot to me.

Maybe its still wide open. due diligence and all that.

If Jim was a wise man he would sit on his hands and be polite for now. Sometimes that goes a long way when evaluating a prospect.

I am in the camp of giving him the HC job , but bolster his position with one hell of an OC. Let the defense have continuity with Pepper and Donnie

I totally believe the concept that the Pegulas want to interview as many potential HCs as they can to get a feeling about what the rest of the league thinks about our players and prospects, as well as what their solution is for it and who they plan on bringing with them. That's just good business for first timers.

I don't think that they have actually interviewed any Rooney Rule guy yet, so they may just be trying to set up interviews with the minority guys, Jackson, Hamilton, Austin, and whomever gets there first they have satisfied it, so if someone great shows up and they mutually want each other they can make a move quick.

I thoroughly believe that Schwartz is coming back unless a defensive minded guy totally blows them away and has a bona fide OC to come in as well as a well designed plan on what to do with this offense. That seems like a longshot to me.

Agreed K-Dog... there doesn't seem to be anyone the Bills are not interested in.