Head Coach candidate: Hue Jackson

YoloinOhio

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether it's Hue Jackson or someone else tapped to be at the helm, hopefully he comes in realizing he is coaching a 53 man squad, not a sole position. Anyone coming in needs to know this upfront, that the total team concept is more important than who is under center. If anyone is timid of coaching here due to the QB situation he isn't worth the effort or time to pursue. Great coaches find a way to win in spite of who is under center.

You better be careful spouting such logic on this site. There are those who think that only the QB matters, and will argue as such.

Jackson=Too much ego...there is still a lot of loyalty to Schwartz on the coaching staff. If Schwartz does not get promoted what happens to Danny Crossman (Schwartz's ST guy in Detroit)? Special Teams was viewed as the other strength behind defense this year. Todd Downing, the QB coach, was Schwartz's QB coach in Detroit. If Jackson gets rid of him (right or wrong) does that create a rift day one?

In a lot of ways, promoting Schwartz makes sense. At the very least the Bills will need to appease Schwartz by giving him more title/power. Not allowing him to interview elsewhere was a clear indication they want to keep him so he will most likely be "Asst. Head Coach/Def." in 2015.

If Schwartz does not emerge as the HC, whomever does will have to put their ego aside and realize more than half the team is not really his. It all points to an offensive minded HC who can make the most of what the Bills have on offense and not let their ego get in the way.

The new HC almost certainly will need to have been a HC to match Schwartz's resume and new title and really not care about defense. Kubiak? Shurmur? Certainly not Jackson, Ryan, Shanahan...

Get the offensive line right and everything will fall into place. The Defense and ST are set and there are more than enough skill players on offense to win. EJ can play enough QB and I think he learned some lessons while on the bench.

Why? So he could turn completely into a pumpkin?

I live in Katy, TX...west of Houston...hometown of Andy Dalton. I think he has regressed under Jackson. I cannot respond to your pumpkin comment because I am not sure of the point you are trying to make. Is it his hair? Ha..........ha.

Whether it's Hue Jackson or someone else tapped to be at the helm, hopefully he comes in realizing he is coaching a 53 man squad, not a sole position. Anyone coming in needs to know this upfront, that the total team concept is more important than who is under center. If anyone is timid of coaching here due to the QB situation he isn't worth the effort or time to pursue. Great coaches find a way to win in spite of who is under center.

Is this really a legitimate concern of yours?

Which great coaches win in spite of who is under center?

OK... I wasn't sure if it was happening but just not announced yet...

Sort of like when it leaked that Chan was the guy... I was in town then

Interesting in the sense that a Jackson hire would remind me of the Bills hiring Gailey...Not sure why...but that's the feeling it gives me...The feeling like...meh... B-)

Interesting in the sense that a Jackson hire would remind me of the Bills hiring Gailey...Not sure why...but that's the feeling it gives me...The feeling like...meh... B-)

I think that he's maybe more of a "smart hire" than a "splash hire." Who is the splash hire this year though? The leading vote getters on the TBD fan poll, by a lot, are Bevell and Schwartz. So is Bevell this year's hot name? Edited by YoloinOhio

I think that he's maybe more of a "smart hire" than a "splash hire." Who is the splash hire this year though? The leading vote getters on the TBD fan poll, by a lot, are Bevell and Schwartz. So is Bevell this year's hot name?

I think Quinn is this years hot name everywhere else.

I think Quinn is this years hot name everywhere else.

Right... But for Bills fans it seems they want an offensive guy and to leave the D to Schwartz. So just wondering who people think is an "inspiring" hire or one they would be all excited about. I don't really see one personally that would evoke that emotion (but I also put little to no credence in that being a connection to success).