Marrone could be headed to Jets

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be furious if he doesn't take Hackett with him, and does something like grab Cable as his OC. Then nightmate scenario is him dragging Schwartz (i know under contract) with him. Nightmare scenario for Buffalo.

I'll be furious if he doesn't take Hackett with him, and does something like grab Cable as his OC. Then nightmate scenario is him dragging Schwartz (i know under contract) with him. Nightmare scenario for Buffalo.

No way he drags along Schwartz as that would mean Schwartz leaves a great defense to be a coordinator somewhere else. Why in the world would he do that? He is primed for success as DC here.

No way he drags along Schwartz as that would mean Schwartz leaves a great defense to be a coordinator somewhere else. Why in the world would he do that? He is primed for success as DC here.

plus Schwartz probably prefers to run the defense across from an offense that has the ability to score points.

I wonder if Marrone signs with the Jets that Rex becomes intrigued with the Bills job.

I doubt the Bills really want Rex because he and Marrrone share the same agent (Sexton) and there being that shady and quick tie to Marrone getting the Jets job. I saw this story and I wonder who the Jets were inquiring about to replace Ryan? Were they asking about Marrone before he wasn't head coach of the Bills any longer? Is this the smoking gun to a tampering charge?...

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/12/jets_contacted_rex_ryans_agent_about_rex_ryans_replacement_per_report.html

"In an impressive piece of dysfunctional behavior from an organization that seems to master in it, "somebody involved" in the search for coach Rex Ryan's potential replacement reached out to Ryan's agent, Jimmy Sexton, to inquire about a candidate."

If the Jets were inquiring about Marrone then I would think that is definitely tampering, it lead to Marrone opting out and going to a rival team in the Bills own division. That should be worth their first round pick IMO.