Marrone could be headed to Jets

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Florio of PFT said that Marrone and Rex share the same agent and it's possible that the Jets could have contacted his agent after learning of his 3-day opt out clause to gauge his interest. Maybe Marrone thought he'd try and use that leverage for an extension. Hope he winds up in NY anyway.

I have wondered since I first heard of Marrone's opt out clause if the Jets had Tampered with Marrone. He was a NY guy who was at Syracuse, and IMO wanted to be in NY since day one. Once the Jests fired Rex, Marrone may have wondered, and if the Jests reached out at all, that is against NFL rules.

I would love it if we got compensation if the Jests indeed sign the Doogie....Maybe we get their first round pick as compensation? Get'r done Terry. Go after the Jests, just be sure to wait for the signing to show your proof....(i know, we wont get the 1, but we should get something, and jests should be forced to give up something)

I don't like the idea of him going to the Jets at all. Wow.

Why not.

Are you a Jets fan?

Marrone will turn that team into the NFL's biggest sinkhole.

The media sharks will have a field day at his post game pressers.

By about game 6 of the 2015 season the firedougmarrone threads will begin.

I'm seriously looking forward to it all.

Mucho hilarity soon to come.

I'm sure there was tampering involved, likely happens all the time and very difficult if not impossible to prove.

Whenever there has been tampering, the penalty has been pretty severe, but just can't see how it would ever be proven.

I agree.

Casserly (and Wolf) are advising Woody.

Casserole loves Marrone.

An interview has now been set.

I have little doubt there was communication of some kind.

Unlikely someone would walk from a HC gig unless he was pretty sure of landing somewhere else.

Like everyone else I thought Marrone was def going to the Jets but I'm starting to think with his thin skin he won't want to deal with taking over a horrible team and dealing with the Bills and all the questions twice a year.

I have a feeling he ends up with Atlanta

I didn't think your post was serious. Nor exceedingly funny, since, you know, Pegula didn't have anything to do with Marrone's contract.

(I guess I'm not at the laugh-it-off stage yet. Sorry.)

(I guess I'm not as funny as you. Sorry)