Marrone could be headed to Jets

I doubt the Bills really want Rex because he and Marrrone share the same agent (Sexton) and there being that shady and quick tie to Marrone getting the Jets job. I saw this story and I wonder who the Jets were inquiring about to replace Ryan? Were they asking about Marrone before he wasn't head coach of the Bills any longer? Is this the smoking gun to a tampering charge?...

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/12/jets_contacted_rex_ryans_agent_about_rex_ryans_replacement_per_report.html

"In an impressive piece of dysfunctional behavior from an organization that seems to master in it, "somebody involved" in the search for coach Rex Ryan's potential replacement reached out to Ryan's agent, Jimmy Sexton, to inquire about a candidate."

If the Jets were inquiring about Marrone then I would think that is definitely tampering, it lead to Marrone opting out and going to a rival team in the Bills own division. That should be worth their first round pick IMO.

Drop the conspiracy stuff. Marrone wanted an extension for himself and/or his staff, he didn't get it which indicated that he was on a win or die contract next season. He had an opt out and took it. The only thing to take away from it is Marrone made a bunch of stuff up about his 'commitment'.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drop the conspiracy stuff. Marrone wanted an extension for himself and/or his staff, he didn't get it which indicated that he was on a win or die contract next season. He had an opt out and took it. The only thing to take away from it is Marrone made a bunch of stuff up about his 'commitment'.

Doesn't matter what Marrone wanted at all. He has nothing to do with this. What matters is if the Jets were contacting Marrone's agent showing interest in our coach who was still employed by the Bills.

As far as "conspiracy" goes, the dots couldn't be any closer and the Jets could be that stupid to do this.

Jets have 1 QB on their roster. Geno Smith. The rest are FA's.

The Jets at 6 behind the Skins, Jags, Titans and Bucs who all need QB's? They would be lucky to get the 3rd best QB. They're going to have to get one in FA or via trade because they are not getting Winston or Marriota unless they move up.

How great would it be if the new GM had to trade away next years first to move up to get one of those two. Not that I would really expect the Jets to turn it around after one draft/FA.