Marrone could be headed to Jets

That's hilarious, and here's why. The Daily News has clearly staked out its claim for being the anti-Marrone paper with the Mehta and Lupica pieces, so the Post has to do the opposite. The piece appears to have been ghostwritten by Jimmy Sexton.

Most of the quotes they used were from before he started working on the Bills. That was hilarious.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Casserly becomes the Jests GM and Marrone gets their coaching job, then the conspiracy theory should be investigated. Even if the Jests do the stupid backward (typical Jests) thing and hire Marrone before hiring a new GM, then there should be tampering allegations.

Of all the openings seems to me the Jets is the worst spot to land. Maybe Marrone is doing this to up the interest in Atlanta, or Oakland?? Can't believe he'd opt out for that mess in NY

I agree. It seems like the issues of FO chaos, poor QB, a hot mess of an offense, and a hostile media are only amplified in New Jersey. I kinda hope he goes there, and brings Hackett with him.

If Casserly becomes the Jests GM and Marrone gets their coaching job, then the conspiracy theory should be investigated. Even if the Jests do the stupid backward (typical Jests) thing and hire Marrone before hiring a new GM, then there should be tampering allegations.

Who gives a crap if it's tampering?

If they took Dareus or Williams or Watkins via tampering, then yes...investigate. But It should be clear to anyone who closely watches the Bills that Marrone going to the Jets would be the truest form of addition by subtraction. Going after him or them for tampering would be, at the very least, petty.

Who gives a crap if it's tampering?

If they took Dareus or Williams or Watkins via tampering, then yes...investigate. But It should be clear to anyone who closely watches the Bills that Marrone going to the Jets would be the truest form of addition by subtraction. Going after him or them for tampering would be, at the very least, petty.

I'm pretty sure we would get compensation if it was tampering (i.e.: draft picks). That's the only reason why I give a crap. .If I'm wrong about that then I agree with you. In any event, the Jests can keep Marrone for all I care.

That's hilarious, and here's why. The Daily News has clearly staked out its claim for being the anti-Marrone paper with the Mehta and Lupica pieces, so the Post has to do the opposite. The piece appears to have been ghostwritten by Jimmy Sexton.

I keep hearing that Marrone and Schefter have the same agent, presumably Sexton.

Is that the case.

Does a player/coach/executive agent represent journalists too?

Seems odd to me.

I keep hearing that Marrone and Schefter have the same agent, presumably Sexton.

Is that the case.

Does a player/coach/executive agent represent journalists too?

Seems odd to me.

And message board posters. Several of us here have agents.

Marone going to the Jets would be awesome. How fun would it be to beat the crap out of them every year with Marone leading them? Almost as fun as beating them with Sexy Rexy in charge! Rex may go to Philly if Chip Kelly gets out of the final year of his contract.

I agree. It seems like the issues of FO chaos, poor QB, a hot mess of an offense, and a hostile media are only amplified in New Jersey. I kinda hope he goes there, and brings Hackett with him.

Yeah, I'm in conceptual agreement. The difference might be how the 2015 expectations differ. With the Bills being 9-7, it would be tough to expect them to take big leaps forward without the QB play improving, and it would be difficult to consider anything short of 10-6 a success. While with the Jets having a miserable season, he might be able to do a 6-10, 9-7 again and not have an instant playoff push expected.

Either way, I wouldn't mind him in the division, as I don't think he is as good a coach as Rex, and I would love if he brings Hackett along.

How would that work since Hackett is under contract but we won't really want him? Can we get compensation? Do they have to give him a "title promotion" to assistant HC or something? Or maybe Marrone knows his friend isn't so great at this and doesn't stick himself out much for it and we ahve to just fire him after the Jets hire someone else to OC?