Greg Roman for OC

BillsFanMike

How is this guy with training QBs is the biggest question IMO. Whoever the OC is, that's more than likely going to define how far the Bills go for the next few seasons. It's a pretty sure bet Rex won't be doing that.

kap is not an accurate QB. Roman has had to scheme around it. This is key.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I mentioned that the QB play had fallen off in SF. I'm thinking all those running QB's are no longer doing as well as they did in their first few years, except Russell Wilson.

It will be interesting this year, and all I can say is I'm happy as hell that Hackett is history :D He needs to go back to the college game where be belongs.

Yeah its become a passing league and he can`t pass. Lot of down field passes to fullbacks and Sammy blocking. Just great.

Roman had an oline riddled with injuries last year, and his head coach had checked out by October. I can't really fault him for the way things went down. He is light years better than Nate Hackett.

Boldin, Gore, and Davis are also in decline.

Let me jump on the bandwagon noting how unloved Roman is in the Bay Area where they're surprised Roman's getting HC and OC consideration.

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Go-figure-49ers-Roman-hot-candidate-5997808.php

GM Trent Baalke's daughter tweeted this about Roman after the 9ers lost to Seattle 19-3 on Thanksgiving, “The 49ers don’t want you no more.” [/size]

As a curious counterpoint to the stats FeartheLosing shared, [/size]

in 2014 SF was the #30 passing team[/size]

in 2013 SF was the #30 passing team[/size]

in 2012 SF was the #23 passing team[/size]

in 2011 SF was the #29 passing team[/size]

I trust football outsiders far more than raw yardage stats.

My prediction: There will be no more treating EJ Manuel like he is a fragile piece of glass. He is going to be asked to run the ball in the read option even if that means taking hits.

My bolder prediction: The Bills will trade next yer's first round pick and this years 2nd round pick to trade up and take a QB.

Manuel and the new guy will compete for the job.

They play smart football and to their strengths. I kinda wanted an Art Briles type but this makes a lot of sense.

If they decide to go with EJ, this could be the perfect situation. Lots of running and play actions.

EJ is no Kaep. At least not now. But I get your point.

That's faur at this point. But Kaep didn't play until his second year and got to learn under Harbaugh. EJ learned under Hackett and Marrone. Huge difference.

They play smart football and to their strengths. I kinda wanted an Art Briles type but this makes a lot of sense.

If they decide to go with EJ, this could be the perfect situation. Lots of running and play actions.

That's faur at this point. But Kaep didn't play until his second year and got to learn under Harbaugh. EJ learned under Hackett and Marrone. Huge difference.

Yep - he makes a lot of sense.

My prediction: There will be no more treating EJ Manuel like he is a fragile piece of glass. He is going to be asked to run the ball in the read option even if that means taking hits.

My bolder prediction: The Bills will trade next yer's first round pick and this years 2nd round pick to trade up and take a QB.

Manuel and the new guy will compete for the job.

It is going to take way more than that