How about Michael Sam?

Joaquin1119

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anytime you can replace a borderline pro bowler with someone who's never played a down in football...you gotta do it.

That terrible show The Slap has a better chance of a second season than Michael Sam playing in the nfl.

You can never have enough pass rushers. I won't care if they brought him to camp. See if he can earn a spot.

It's funny how homophobic some people are. Normally, it's the ugliest people too.

I think you wish that was happening... B.c it would be easier to explain than Sam actually not being good. Edited by Beef Jerky

You can never have enough pass rushers. I won't care if they brought him to camp. See if he can earn a spot.

It's funny how homophobic some people are. Normally, it's the ugliest people too.

Please list all the other 7th rough pick DEs you think the Bills should look at.

I didn't read every post in this thread but I haven't seen homophobia in it. Mostly people are skeptical that Sam is actually any good. There have been, currently are, and will be good gay football players. It just doesn't seem like Sam is one of them.

He was awesome in college. Unanimous first team All-American, Defensive Player of the Year in the SEC. How bad can he be?

Maybe only a little worse than Corey Moore. Remember him? Big East Defensive POY (twice), Lombardi Trophy, Nagurski Trophy, first team All-American, jersey # retired by VPI, saved babies from burning orphanages, etc, etc.

Maybe only a little worse than Corey Moore. Remember him? Big East Defensive POY (twice), Lombardi Trophy, Nagurski Trophy, first team All-American, jersey # retired by VPI, saved babies from burning orphanages, etc, etc.

Pretty much this ^^^

I never meant him as a replacement for Hughes. Come on that is just dumb. Orakpo or JPP would be the only good replacements for Hughes.

If they let go of Lawson and Rivers there is going to be depth issues at strong side LB. I don't see him as a DE in this league. But as a situational passer, part time strong side LB I think he could make a team.

And you know there are teams that have just decided not to give this guy a chance. So it is not fair to say 32 teams don't think he can play. 30 teams may not want the headache.

But it's time to move on to a new topic...

I never meant him as a replacement for Hughes. Come on that is just dumb. Orakpo or JPP would be the only good replacements for Hughes.

If they let go of Lawson and Rivers there is going to be depth issues at strong side LB. I don't see him as a DE in this league. But as a situational passer, part time strong side LB I think he could make a team.

And you know there are teams that have just decided not to give this guy a chance. So it is not fair to say 32 teams don't think he can play. 30 teams may not want the headache.

But it's time to move on to a new topic...

You may not, but the OP said "Lets say if Hughes wants a big contract. Do you think the bills should sign Michael Sam?" which sounds like he thinks so.

Totally different conversations: 1) if we can't resign Hughes, who can we bring in to replace him? 2) We'll be bringing in the usual crop of bubble players and UFAs to training camp, should Sam be one of them?

I think the problem with Sam as a LB is he's never shown the speed/agility that would lead one to think he could be successful as a convert to LB. A lot of teams try the smallish college DE to LB conversion - the Bills used to love it - and it doesn't seem to work that often.

Sack leader in SEC and was productive in preseason. Gay or straight, I think he should get another shot to prove himself.

Then by all means, buy yourself an NFL team and go out an hire him. It's that simple.

If Rex & Co think Sam, or any other borderline talents are worth bringing to camp for a legitimate shot at the 53 man or practice squad so be bit.

If Rex & Co or Pegula wants to bring Sam in for the PR sideshow, I hope they wouldn't

What great drama! I'm sure they'd make him RI's roommate in TC. Bring on the media! Det-det-da-da-la-da. Det-det-da-da-la-da. The Circus is in town.

You may not, but the OP said "Lets say if Hughes wants a big contract. Do you think the bills should sign Michael Sam?" which sounds like he thinks so.

Totally different conversations: 1) if we can't resign Hughes, who can we bring in to replace him? 2) We'll be bringing in the usual crop of bubble players and UFAs to training camp, should Sam be one of them?

I think the problem with Sam as a LB is he's never shown the speed/agility that would lead one to think he could be successful as a convert to LB. A lot of teams try the smallish college DE to LB conversion - the Bills used to love it - and it doesn't seem to work that often.

Pretty much sums it up. People who bring up Sam as a possibility seem passionate about an agenda other than finding the best NFL caliber talent available to fit our (ever diminishing list) of needs.

God, I can't wait for the offseason to end.

yeah this is bad. between the Bills and the local Redskins, nothing but "how can we save the franchise" nonsense... February/March is tough

Lets say if Hughes wants a big contract. Do you think the bills should sign Michael Sam? Yes i know he gay, but I honestly believe this kid is truly hungry to play in nfl. I also would like to think he would fit just right in our Dline. I would sign this kid and see how he does in training camp and pre season.

No. Don't need the distraction. Kid ended his own career. Not sure he was a player anyway.

Yeah, that is a great idea with Incognito in the locker room. What could go wrong. Btw, this just in, Sam is so bad he can't even stick on an NFL practice squad, let alone make a real roster.

I think the word tweener was invented for Corey Moore Edited by buffaloboyinATL