Michael Sam: a lot of other gay NFL players

truth on hold

In his first interview since disclosing his homosexuality early this year, Sam described childhood abuse by his two brothers, and expressed surprise that other players in the National Football League were not inspired to come out as gay after his announcement.

"There's a lot of us out there," the defensive end said in the interview, part of an Oprah Winfrey Network documentary that aired Saturday. "I'm not the only one. I'm just the only one who's open."

http://news.yahoo.com/michael-sam-tells-oprah-other-nfl-players-gay-160734188--nfl.html

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the National Bureau of Economic Research, about 20% of the population is sexually attracted to their own gender.

But who cares which players are gay and which are not? Why does it matter?

apparently people who watch Oprah Network

Edited by YoloinOhio

Refresh my memory on that one again...

Was that rumored as well? Wow; I'm out of the loop on this stuff

Kerry Rhodes, on the heels of a very good season, had a few photos of him leaked cuddled up with another guy in what appeared to be more than a friendship.... And then couldn't get an offer from anyone

I know you are just trying to be funny, but using "being gay" as a comic insult to a player and a coach you don't like is pretty small minded and I don't think belongs on TBD or just about anywhere else.

So when the other posters call Brady, Marcia, basically implying the same thing, it's ok?

Or when other posters put Brady in a skirt, they're going too far too?

Gimme a break. Dont be too sensitive. Small or big minded. I dont need to be reminded everytime I'm not politically correct.

Kerry Rhodes, on the heels of a very good season, had a few photos of him leaked cuddled up with another guy in what appeared to be more than a friendship.... And then couldn't get an offer from anyone

Thanks guys...I had forgotten about that.

Gronk is at the least bi

Not that I know of...I have some family members that are very close with him--he's always been a woman-chaser :lol:

Refresh my memory on that one again...

Was that rumored as well? Wow; I'm out of the loop on this stuff

As per Wikipedia

After he was released by the Cardinals, photographs of Rhodes embracing and lying shirtless with his former assistant, Russell Simpson were published online in April 2013. Simpson claimed he and Rhodes were a couple] Rhodes told TMZ, "I am not gay… The shots were taken during a past vacation in a casual environment with my entire business team."

Rhodes spent the 2013 season as a free agent and did not receive any interest after rejecting offers in March, raising suspicion that he was being blacklisted because of rumors about his sexuality.

In a February 2014 interview with ESPN, Rhodes denied he was gay or that he was blacklisted by NFL teams. He said his absence from the league was "a product of me wanting to do other things and not finding the right opportunity," referring to his interests in acting and producing, and the amount of money offered.

CBF

I played college football and knew of one guy who was openly gay. No one cared, it was just anther teammate. I've seen plenty more 'homosexual' actions out of some of the straight player than I ever did him. I wonder it Sam construed some behaviors and is generalizing? Who knows, I wouldn't be surprised either way.

There were rumors that hounded Vince Young too. I had read one theory that his massive drop in play from his rookie year to the next season was the release of those pictures of him at a certain club that caused him undue stress.

As much as we all like to say: "no one cares about your sexuality" there is a large collection of NFL players who would NOT be cool having a gay teammate. Homosexuality is very frowned upon in the African American community too.