Brady re-works contract; Pats have extra 24 mill

YoloinOhio

It looks like this doesn't affect the Pats' cap situation at all.

From the article:

Brady's move helps the team because it will have more cash on hand to spend, though it's more of a cash flow issue than salary-cap relief.

I thought the Pats were one of the richest teams. I'm surprised they need cash flow help. Perhaps they should have followed the vast majority of teams and gone with a cash-2-cap system (designed to help with cash flow problems).

Edited by Dibs

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@YahooSports_NFL: Tom Brady re-works contract to give Patriots a ton of money this offseason http://t.co/51OzFLJLJc #NFL

and Bellicheat cuts him and we sign him :w00t: :w00t:

Giselle makes almost $50 million a year. Far more than any nfl player.

and she is not even that hot, I don't get all the adoration she receives.

Not surprised...unlike Jerry Hughes who needs a big contract, Tom Brady already has enough money and can't fit anymore Coach handbags in his closet.

Lmao. seriously.

I guess if I'm Brady I also look at my wife's bank account (which is larger than mine) and start analyzing what's important at this point in my career: me getting more money or me having another shot at a SB

The lives of Brady's great, great, great grandchildren have already been secured - the choice seems obvious.

This doesn't change a single thing for the Pats. It does not give them cap space.

It just makes the contract not guaranteed, but gives him a raise...not sure why he'd wipe out $24 million in guaranteed money tho...on the surface it doesn't make much sense...

and she is not even that hot, I don't get all the adoration she receives.

I overheard Brady mentioning something about a golfball and a gardenhose when talking to his buddies about Giselle...not sure what that was about...

Plus she is Brazilian so she is probably a freak in the sack...

This was a move changing the $24m of the deal from a "skill" incentive to an "injury" incentive (or something like that, im sure incentive isn't the correct term though for it). Basically he will now receive that $24m guarantee if he is injured

And apparently it doesn'thelp their cap, just frees up additional cash to spend