Mike Glennon an option at QB

jahbonas

I don't think you're going to be "kicking the tires" on Glennon in the usual sense of the "yeah, he's available on the open market, bring him in".

He's cheap, he's shown he's able to play NFL football at least as well as McCown, and he'll cost the Bucs 1/10 as much. McCown is owed $5 million next season with no dead money, Glennon is owed $675k (source: OvertheCap.com). After 11 years, what you see is surely what you get with McCown, whilst Glennon looked like he had a "sophmore slump" and in his 3rd year, could still improve.

Even if Tampa does draft a QB, they have every reason to cut McCown and keep Glennon as a cheap backup unless they are offered something juicy as a trade. So what juice do you want to squeeze from elsewhere on the team to "kick the tires" on this guy?

You dont typically backup a stud rookie QB with a qb in his 3rd year - you do so with an older veteran who can share much knowledge etccc

Also the 3rd year guy will be adios as soon as possible while the veteran can play his role til retirement

Read any Tampa articles on the situation and almost all indicate Mccown stays with the new rookie and Glennon traded

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tampa getting the top pick will draft a QB and likely will move 2rd year QB Mike Glennon.

The Bills scouts did like Glennon and many in Tampa thought it a mistake Lovie Smith went with McCown.

He could be in the mix - also paid on rookie salary for 2 more years.

2014 6 games 57% comp pct 10TD 6 INT 1400yrds 83 passer rating (16 games = 27TD 15INT 3600yrds)

2013 13 games 60% comp pct 19TD 9 INT 2600yrds 83 passer rating (16 games = 21TD 10 INT 3200yrds)

Average to below average completion percentage. Pass. I would rather keep Orton, who at least knows the offense.

The Bills salary cap model calls for building a strong defense/special teams first. This means that this is the type of QB who works in that model. I think this is a reasonable guy to kick the tires on.

yes. not that Glennon is the answer, but I don't think Whaley/Marrone feel QB has to be a HOFer, just a guy who stays out of trouble and puts up 3000, 25 and 12 every year with minimal sacks. Glennon could do that.

The practical questions are these: Is Glennon better than EJ? Is he better than the other FA QBs?

If Glennon was a HOFer, he wouldn't be available. Let's be honest, we're dumpster diving because that's the position we're in.

But it seems to me, unless we find some guards, we need a fleet-footed QB who can run for his life. That's not Glennon.

This is going to be a tough off-season for Whaley.

Tampa getting the top pick will draft a QB and likely will move 2rd year QB Mike Glennon.

The Bills scouts did like Glennon and many in Tampa thought it a mistake Lovie Smith went with McCown.

He could be in the mix - also paid on rookie salary for 2 more years.

2014 6 games 57% comp pct 10TD 6 INT 1400yrds 83 passer rating (16 games = 27TD 15INT 3600yrds)

2013 13 games 60% comp pct 19TD 9 INT 2600yrds 83 passer rating (16 games = 21TD 10 INT 3200yrds)

sure why not

That guy has the worlds longest neck.....he can see people tailgating in the parking lot without leaving the field

Plus he's got only one stripe on his pajamas.

Runs around in the shower to get wet.

Stands sideways and you can't see him.

Yeah I'd bring him in if available for insignificant value.

Maybe even a fifth.

Would rather land Bradford.

Plus he's got only one stripe on his pajamas.

Runs around in the shower to get wet.

Stands sideways and you can't see him.

Yeah I'd bring him in if available for insignificant value.

Maybe even a fifth.

Would rather land Bradford.

:lol:

That guy has the worlds longest neck.....he can see people tailgating in the parking lot without leaving the field

That was good for a chuckle.

I'd like to say pass, but I want to pass on everyone who's out there and that's not an option. They'll have to pull the trigger on someone. In the meantime, we'll have another billion threads about what QB is going to lead us to the promised land. I'm glad we have new ownership to distract us, because it's a long offseason ahead dwelling on this QB thing. College hoops can only distract me so much and for so long.... The Bills are my thing (ask my poor wife).