We lost today

Webster Guy

I love how some posters can't enjoy a victory. The love of misery is profound. The expectation of failure so profound that it is experienced before the actual event over and over again before the game even begins. When the team wins, something negative must be gleaned to maintain the validity of the "loss that never materialized". A true loser mentality.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how some posters can't enjoy a victory. The love of misery is profound. The expectation of failure so profound that it is experienced before the actual event over and over again before the game even begins. When the team wins, something negative must be gleaned to maintain the validity of the "loss that never materialized". A true loser mentality.

Amen.

Today we won. Sorry if that disappoints anybody because that would represent a serious problem. A record of 9-7 beats 6-10 (I looked it up), regardless of the side stories.

Maybe some didn't love the win, but a loss would be worse.

Edited by Augie

Dropped further down the draft board, and watched our arch rival get valuable NFL experience for their bench QB while ours sat on the sideline the entire game.

Our Oline did a pretty good job today in protection, it wouldn't have been like we were throwing EJ to the wolves.

Did Orton need more playing time so we can evaluate him, or did EJ?

Moves like this are so painfully shortsighted its laughable.

So if they lost today, you'd be talking about how they actually won?

I wonder what their pick would've been had they lost, and what is the difference in talent between the pick they currently hold vs. what they would've had. I'd rather have a W in the books and beating the Pats* than a slightly higher pick. If it were earlier picks in the draft that were on the line, then my line of thinking would be different.

I thought we wanted to get a lower pick because we give our first to cleveland.

if we wouldn't have sacked the qb here and if you take away every run or pass over 20 yards they wouldn't have had this many yards. And if we don't score those TDs we lose by_____.

I hate reading/hearing that crap

Edited by kr632

We're Talking Proud! 2014! Go Bills 9-7! No Playoffs! Anyone happy with this is the loser. The kid who's Mom ensured he got a trophy just for showing up.

It's a step in the right direction. The offense is missing guards and a QB (at least right now). The defense has held them in games they shouldn't have won but did. I'm not going to say I think they are a playoff team but compared to most years, this team at least kept me interested past mid November.

no he can compete in camp next year

He's not allowed to compete, obviously.

We're Talking Proud! 2014! Go Bills 9-7! No Playoffs! Anyone happy with this is the loser. The kid who's Mom ensured he got a trophy just for showing up.

It's better than 6-10. No they didn't make the playoffs, but they are showing IMPROVEMENT. I don't get why this is so hard for some of you to grasp. Was it frustrating watching the Bills at times this season? Absolutely. But they improved on last season, this coaching regime's first. If they keep improving, then they'll get to the playoffs. Yes, we all want to get there now, but sometimes patience is required, and the Bills are trending in the right direction.

When was the last time we had a winning record in the division? I'm gonna enjoy that plus a winning record overall. Progress.

But whatever. We didn't win the super bowl this year so let's just be miserable.

It's better than 6-10. No they didn't make the playoffs, but they are showing IMPROVEMENT. I don't get why this is so hard for some of you to grasp. Was it frustrating watching the Bills at times this season? Absolutely. But they improved on last season, this coaching regime's first. If they keep improving, then they'll get to the playoffs. Yes, we all want to get there now, but sometimes patience is required, and the Bills are trending in the right direction.

You hit the nail on the head man. It doesn't make sense to clean house right now.. Marrone has the team on the upswing.

If the team regressed, or even had the same record at about 6-10, I'd say to Terry clean house.. But we ARE heading in the right direction. Cleaning house now will only result in regression next year.

The Bills answer the demands that a quarterback be drafted in 2013, even though it was quite clear there was not a ready to play day one quarterback in the whole draft. IMO it was never the Bills intention to start EJ last year to begin the season. See "Kevin Kolb" so this year, EJ gets the year on the bench he was supposed to get to learn.

If the plan pays off and he (EJ) got it, the Bills compete for a Superbowl next year.

PS: I do not own rose colored glasses, and I do not drink Kool-aid

{

Ah Irondequoit--the gateway to Charlotte....

Better to head South to Penfield- A Town of Planned Progress.

Dropped further down the draft board, and watched our arch rival get valuable NFL experience for their bench QB while ours sat on the sideline the entire game.

Our Oline did a pretty good job today in protection, it wouldn't have been like we were throwing EJ to the wolves.

Next year we should try losing our way into the playoffs? Edited by Rocky Landing

i understand your frustration when measuring the Jets' 'failed' QB to ours. the kid really lit up the Dolphins big time, and good for him! there might be a lot more fight in Geno then the NY fans and the media parrots give him credit for.

the thing is, EJ's situation is different. at this point, he needs to win the job in camp. he was given an opportunity to lead, and failed. the actual reasons why he failed are irrelevant now. he has to take the job back by convincing this questionable offensive coaching staff that he's their best shot at executing their flawed system, and getting wins. there's no other way. it's not his fault, that after being drafted to lead Marrone's innovative, up-tempo offense as a strong-armed read-option threat - the bottom fell out on such systems in the NFL - and that now he needs to perfect the quick timed pocket passing skills needed for this alternative offense the coaches are struggling through. the odds are against him making that transition, but all Bills fans should hope he takes it back, and keeps it, in 2015. someone has to rescue this offense, and it's certainly not going to be Orton.