Report: Marrone has 3-day out clause due to new ownership

YoloinOhio

It's fine. But it doesn't change the fact that he is at his apex--no one walks away from this job unless he has a better job in hand. he doesn't. And he certainly wouldn't be more likely to a year from now.

Look--there is no sense arguing otherwise--Marrone has already layed your claim to rest.. He's no fool--he's of course staying.

Oh, I don't disagree he is staying (unless he get canned, which I don't foresee). But let's not pretend the guy couldn't get another very good job if he chose to leave.

The only way I think Marrone leaves (and one of the only ways I see him getting fired) is he he is adamant about not changing position coaches. I believe this is what led to Wade's departure--or so the story goes. Sometime guys actually make decisions that aren't the best monetary option. I have made several in my career.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Schefter said this morning on Mike & Mike that if Marrone chose to leave he would be highly sought after for another NFL HC job - when he was interviewing with Chip Kelly and Bill O'Brien, NFL execs he spoke with considered him the best candidate.

O'Brien was starting his second season at Penn St when Marrone and Kelly were interviewing/hired.

So anyway, why didn't Philly hire him? You think either of those teams would now swap coaches with Buffalo now?

Schefter also said that Harbaugh wouldn't be going to Michigan....

O'Brien was starting his second season at Penn St when Marrone and Kelly were interviewing/hired.

So anyway, why didn't Philly hire him? You think either of those teams would now swap coaches with Buffalo now?

OBrien was pursued after his first year at Psu and decided to stay

Btw this is Schefter talking not me. He's as plugged into the nfl as anyone

Edited by YoloinOhio

OBrien was pursued after his first year at Psu and decided to stay

Btw this is Schefter talking not me. He's as plugged into the nfl as anyone

Would either team swap for Marrone now?

Also, would Michigan take Marrone in a coin flip over Harbaugh?

I would be OK with Marrone staying so long as he fires Hackett and puts a Schwartz-type coordinator in place for the offense that has full autonomy. Marrone might be a 'brilliant' offensive mind, but it's clear that neither he, nor Hackett, are cut from the Chan Gailey or Ted Nolan cloth - he can't coach up lesser talent to perform at higher levels. That's exactly what this offense had this season (outside of the receiving corps)... poor talent and poor execution. They don't have the knack to identify the strengths of their players, and put them in positions to succeed. Spiller, for instance, has regressed significantly since these two clowns have been running the offense.

Marrone is fine as HC, he motivates the players and seems to have them hitting very hard... but as far as scheme and execution, it wasn't there all season on offense. QB and OL play are to blame for some of that, but for goodness sake, the O-line is supposed to be the man's specialty and it was an unquestionable disaster.

Marrone and Hackett are a package deal. The offensive philosophy doesn't change because the OC is sent packing.

Hackett remains a symptom of the greater dysfunction, namely that the strategy in place cannot provide, even with increased talent at the skill positions, a better offensive product. Furthermore, talent acquisition by personnel isn't synched with or good enough for the HC and therefore the coordinators.

Marrone... :lol: where the hell else is that hack going? He's here until they pry his cold, dead hands off the football he was planning to call a punt with on 4th and inches from the opponent's 35 yard line while behind by a score with 3 minutes to play.

i agree - just from the opinions expressed in this forum.. perception is reality, so he'd be wise to strike before reality sours the perception.

schefter = media parrot = one who propogates rumor and speculation as fact, to support current popular opinion

Believe it or not Marrone is well thought of. He took the FREAKING Buffalo Bills to 9-7 the best record in a decade. Bills fans are coming off as real idiots insulting him and pushing for his firing. The Bills get to within one game of the playoofs for the first time in a decade and people want to fire him?

Adam Schefter said this morning on Mike & Mike that if Marrone chose to leave he would be highly sought after for another NFL HC job - when he was interviewing with Chip Kelly and Bill O'Brien, NFL execs he spoke with considered him the best candidate.

Lies. All Koool Aid and lies. He punts on 4th down.

I didn't say he'd find one tomorrow. But within a year, I have no doubt he'd find a good HC job (college or pro) that paid him near, or more, that what he makes now. He took a 6-10 Bills team and in his second year turned them into a 9 win team. In Syracuse he took a bumbling loosing squad and took them to two bowl games. There will be a pretty good job for him, whether or not you like him.

He would have a tough time getting one of the premier job openings in College & those are the only jobs in College that would pay him more then he is making with the bills. My guess he would get a job at a lower tiered conference(The American or maybe the Mountain West) something like that but those aren't going to pay him the $3.5 million that he is making with the Bills, not even close.

Based solely on this year, I might take Marrone over Kelly. What exactly did Chip do this year to impress you so, other than getting some decent play from Sanchez? The Eagles managed just one more win than the Bills. What were the pre-season predictions for these teams? The Eagles were almost universally picked to win their division, if I remember correctly. But I guess them missing the playoffs isn't a dent in Kelly's reputation.

I don't. He needs to go.

You don't like Marrone? I never would have known. You keep that into pretty private, it seems.