Bills radio (Mike Schopp is awful)

tito1

This happened.

Mike " I don't want to talk about the qb situation because I don't find it interesting, I often wonder what someone passing through town would think if he heard us talking about who would be the qb "

He then spends the next 2 days taking about his only topic the dumping of the season by the sabers . Yeah Mike the guy passing through will be riveted. As if you should even care.

As for rerunning interviews , to me it smells of laziness, not of wow this was a great interview let's replay it

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else get pissed at WGR for pulling Jim Rome so frequently? I enjoy Rome's show, and find it annoying when it's taken off the air.

for the most part, i really don't like the jim rome show. he conducts some really good interviews, but his opinions and delivery are just not for me. i would much rather have another local show in that slot. hell, bring back the hobby and throw it in there for three hours. (but only if tom sitch gets an hour for comic book and super hero stuff)

I listen to Sirius NFL Radio a lot, and I love the morning format where they rotate co-hosts all week long.

You have a radio guy paired with a former player, and it gives each day a different and special feel. Some are better than others, but all are interesting to listen to and have personalities and insight.

Why not have a radio guy paired with some past or present Buffalo sports personality and rotate it each day?You would probably need to have retired players but it would be a lot better radio. Essentially a 3 hour show with a straight radio guy and a former player taking calls, discussing issues of the day, etc.

Schopp and the Bulldog are stale. Schopp seems burned out (which is probably why he asks the same question 3 times during interviews). These guys are barely interested.

They don't need to be Jim Kelly or Thurman Thomas types (although that would be cool). A lot of the guys on Sirius NFL radio are more marginal type players but they are still cool to listen to. For Buffalo sports fans it would be neat to hear from some past players who might not have been superstars but who could talk football or hockey for 2-3 hours. Even if it were a daily segment of the show to break up the monotony of food drafts and whining about our teams.

Every day at 4pm they are joined for 1 hour by a former player. Even that would be cool. It could be someone different most of the time with a few recurring appearances.

We are sick of them in Buffalo too. These guys have been doing it too long through a lot of miserable Bills seasons and their attitudes reflect that. Sal is better than both of those bozos. Time to get some new guys in there with a fresh perspective

The also need a better play by play guy than Murph ! His signature is to say what ever result of a big play 3 times … Every time !!

At least the team is on a upswing maybe if the team gets better they can bring in some better guys to talk about the team & do play by play !!

I liked when they had "the Coach" on back in the day. There's a bunch of fired Bills coaches from the last 3 years, anyone available?

Marcellus Wiley and Tasked have made it big in TV. I'm sure there are other platers that would like some experience in media. Sign them up! Reuben Brown does well on Shredd and Regan. I'd like to hear more from him on wgr

I liked when they had "the Coach" on back in the day. There's a bunch of fired Bills coaches from the last 3 years, anyone available?

Marcellus Wiley and Tasked have made it big in TV. I'm sure there are other platers that would like some experience in media. Sign them up! Reuben Brown does well on Shredd and Regan. I'd like to hear more from him on wgr.

I miss The Coach. He didn't know anything about other sports. But bring him back on from August till December (hopefully January.)

Marcellus Wiley and Tasked have made it big in TV. I'm sure there are other platers that would like some experience in media. Sign them up! Reuben Brown does well on Shredd and Regan. I'd like to hear more from him on wgr

I have only really heard Ruben Brown as a guest on shows, but I understand he has (or had) a radio show on in Buffalo at one time...is he any good, does anyone know? I know he still resides in WNY. I recall he is normally pretty positive about the Bills...which is not to say a good host has to be positive all the time...but the relentless negativity can be a little overwhelming at times.

Edited by Buftex

I cant stand hearing Schoop say "So, were rooting for the Penguins tonight", or Rangers or whoever the Sabres are playing. Its fine, i guess, to want them to lose to get that first pick. But rooting for the other team? Thats just gross. I cant comprehend " rooting" for another cities team.

When the Coach was on, he talked about X's and O's. Schemes and crap like that, these guys on now arent even talking sports half the time, maybe they should be on WBEN talking movies and cooking and family vacations and stuff. These guys have no business talking sports.

I get Schopp's point about rooting for the team to lose right now. I just want to fast forward to April. Warmer weather AND this awful Sabres season will be in the books (hopefully with 30th place locked up).

I'm nervous though. The prize is very big so other teams are going to go into full scale tank mode very soon and if the Sabres keep slipping up and getting points things are going to get very, very scary. In the NHL a tied or one goal game is just a bounce away from disaster (Sabres getting points).

The fan on fan crime has been tough. I get the "Screw McDavid/Eichel... I just want to feel good tonight!" fans but really?

Win a few more of these meaningless games and feel proud or whatever about 29th place, or finish 30th and feel good for 15 years.

Any pre-emption of Rome is good. The clown's claim to fame is calling Jim Everett "Chrissy" long enough that Everett knocked Rome off his chair and went after him. Rome did nothing except assume the fetal position. It's too bad Everett didn't do more.

I cant stand hearing Schoop say "So, were rooting for the Penguins tonight", or Rangers or whoever the Sabres are playing. Its fine, i guess, to want them to lose to get that first pick. But rooting for the other team? Thats just gross. I cant comprehend " rooting" for another cities team.

When the Coach was on, he talked about X's and O's. Schemes and crap like that, these guys on now arent even talking sports half the time, maybe they should be on WBEN talking movies and cooking and family vacations and stuff. These guys have no business talking sports.

I've said this a million times. I think they actually are genuinely entertaining to listen to, when talking about anything but sports. I'd actually listen to them in that format. But when I turn on WGR, I want to hear sports.

Any pre-emption of Rome is good. The clown's claim to fame is calling Jim Everett "Chrissy" long enough that Everett knocked Rome off his chair and went after him. Rome did nothing except assume the fetal position. It's too bad Everett didn't do more.

Don't care what anybody says, that was staged. I like Rome, if only for his hatred for soccer.

I much rather listen to Howard Simon & Jeremy White over Schopp & The Bulldog. Sylvester & Peters are very bad too.

Of the current personalities they have I'm holding out hope that they put Simon and Sal together for the afternoon show. I think they would be able to keep the talk interesting and interact with the callers civilly instead of the harassment that Schopp and White dish out on a daily basis.

Of the current personalities they have I'm holding out hope that they put Simon and Sal together for the afternoon show. I think they would be able to keep the talk interesting and interact with the callers civilly instead of the harassment that Schopp and White dish out on a daily basis.

Im pretty sure Howard Simon goes to bed at 4 o'clock in the afternoon.

What a shocking topic! People complaining about WGR. Here's am idea.... Don't listen

For the 100 millionth time - there is NO other alternative - many tune in hoping for a change but there never is.

We are all sports fans so stupid ud we tune in to the ONLY buffalo sports radio option.... give us a 2nd and wgr will go away