Bills @ Pats - 2nd half thread

Just Jack

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't go for it with 11 minutes left in the game with an 8 point lead. Being aggressive doesn't mean always going for it, you still have to make decisions based on the situation.

You make the backup QB go 80+ yards and then get the two point conversion.

Just don't agree. With 4 minutes to go, yes. Not with 11.

Just don't agree. With 4 minutes to go, yes. Not with 11.

This drive would likely have ended in a FG for NE if they started at the 43. That makes it a 5 point game. Why give them 20+ yards of field position? Fans always want to go for it but it's not always the right call. I've been hard on Marrone for his conservative nature too but this time it's an easy call Imo.

This drive would likely have ended in a FG for NE if they started at the 43. That makes it a 5 point game. Why give them 20+ yards of field position? Fans always want to go for it but it's not always the right call. I've been hard on Marrone for his conservative nature too but this time it's an easy call Imo.

i wouldn't have gone for it there either. Other times, yes.

It also could easily be an 11 or 15 point lead. It was less than a yard to go. There are about 8 elements that go into calls like that. I'm often in favor of punting. That was not the time. More than a yard, I would punt. Less, you go inside the 43.

You are assuming we fail to convert. Probably correctly, but that's the kind of mentality that loses more games than it wins.

It also could easily be an 11 or 15 point lead. It was less than a yard to go. There are about 8 elements that go into calls like that. I'm often in favor of punting. That was not the time. More than a yard, I would punt. Less, you go inside the 43.

The fact that the Bills offense sucks and can't pick up short yardage situations easily plays into the decision. I'm of the opinion that it was less than 50/50 that they get the 1st. Obviously that's just a guess though.