Rex Ryan Has Cleaned His Desk Out / UM Reps in the Bay area pursuing H

boyst

After Schwartz gets a new gig as a HC somewhere, I'd love to have Ryan come in and be out DC. He may not get a job as a HC right away and he may be wanting to stick it to the Jets for firing him.

If love him as a DC. As a HC. No thanks.

didnt most people say that about Schwartz?

I dunno - Rex has always been more boisterous than Schwartz, IMO. Maybe it's b/c he coached in NY, I dunno. But what I heard on the radio was that he wasn't interested in it himself, so in that manner maybe he's different than Schwartz who was obviously open to it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno - Rex has always been more boisterous than Schwartz, IMO. Maybe it's b/c he coached in NY, I dunno. But what I heard on the radio was that he wasn't interested in it himself, so in that manner maybe he's different than Schwartz who was obviously open to it.

well, I don't think Schwartz and Ryan are so different about how boisterous and egotistical they are. Ryan probably for a nod as a little more, but most likely it's only brought to Light because of the NY media. Schwartz has been in Tennessee, Detroit and Buffalo.

Regardless of all that. Maybe it's true and Rex has other plans if he cannot return as a HC somewhere. But when the phone doesn't ring, he will have other thoughts. Especially if he does want to be a HC in this league again. And what better defense to do it with. One that has 3 pro bowlers in the DL, some young and talented DBs, and LBs that could make one froth at the mouth.

IMO, Schwartz will be gone this offseason as a HC somewhere else. I hope I'm wrong, but he knew what he was doing when he chose to take the DC gig here. Rex may not be that smart.

He's never been successful in his career.

He made it to the playoffs with a top-tier D. Any coach (other than Douglas Marrone) can do that.

He's over-hyped, in my opinion. Just like his scumbag brother, who has ruined two very good defenses on back-to-back jobs.

Harbaugh is another story. If he goes to the Jets, it's not going to be pretty in the AFC East.

Rex Ryan wasn't successful in NY, but Sanchez was?

Harbaugh won't go to the JESTS. Mark it down. They have very little talent there, no QB, and he wants total control. Won't happen.

they are in a position to draft one though. If Jets are getting rid of the GM too...

That might create a viable contender in the AFC East again besides the Pats.

lets hope Jim goes to the money in Michigan

Interesting stories to watch , thats for sure

well, I don't think Schwartz and Ryan are so different about how boisterous and egotistical they are. Ryan probably for a nod as a little more, but most likely it's only brought to Light because of the NY media. Schwartz has been in Tennessee, Detroit and Buffalo.

Regardless of all that. Maybe it's true and Rex has other plans if he cannot return as a HC somewhere. But when the phone doesn't ring, he will have other thoughts. Especially if he does want to be a HC in this league again. And what better defense to do it with. One that has 3 pro bowlers in the DL, some young and talented DBs, and LBs that could make one froth at the mouth.

IMO, Schwartz will be gone this offseason as a HC somewhere else. I hope I'm wrong, but he knew what he was doing when he chose to take the DC gig here. Rex may not be that smart.

Schwartz isn't getting a head coaching job this offseason. I'd love to wager on this. Not one fanbase would be excited to get Schwartz. You are going to be as wrong on this as you were about Bryce Brown. :)

Anyone know Schwartzes contract ? Not that it may make a difference.

but i would be surprised if he left next year. And i also think he will have some of Doug Marones ear to help get the Offense on track.

Isn't Bryce Brown a bet hedged by Whaley ?

Strong depth and see if he can develop for next seasons roster. just in case.

Trestman rode a loaded Chicago offense into the ground.

I've got to say, I agree with everything you've posted in this thread.

I will also add that Sanchize probably wouldn't like going back to play for Rex. It was Rex who put Sanchize into a meaningless pre-season game in the 4th quarter and got him injured. Sanchez lost his starting job and a year of playing.

And didn't the Bills basically run Rex's defense last season? Why have him come in and go backwards?

Edited by snafu

Anyone know Schwartzes contract ? Not that it may make a difference.

but i would be surprised if he left next year. And i also think he will have some of Doug Marones ear to help get the Offense on track.

Isn't Bryce Brown a bet hedged by Whaley ?

Strong depth and see if he can develop for next seasons roster. just in case.

Or...

Maybe I'll be as right as I was about CJ Spiller, Roscoe Parrish, Lee Evans, Marquise Goodwin?

TIme will tell on Brown. I was wrong when I said he would be the starter by week 10. The fact is that all of our RBs sucked this year. He wasn't the only one.

You don't think Schwartz doesn't get a job? I disagree. If I'm wrong, I'm extremely happy about it. But I think he gets offers or at least interviews for some jobs.

I'll wager a beer at the TBDHOT.

Or...

Maybe I'll be as right as I was about CJ Spiller, Roscoe Parrish, Lee Evans, Marquise Goodwin?

TIme will tell on Brown. I was wrong when I said he would be the starter by week 10. The fact is that all of our RBs sucked this year. He wasn't the only one.

You don't think Schwartz doesn't get a job? I disagree. If I'm wrong, I'm extremely happy about it. But I think he gets offers or at least interviews for some jobs.

I'll wager a beer at the TBDHOT.

Alright. I think he gets offers too, including the Bills. Just to keep him where he is . Will they be successful ? not sure i am ready to make the wager.

But , I am considering it lol !

But i wont make a bet I cant pay up, mrags : )

Harbaugh won't go to the JESTS. Mark it down. They have very little talent there, no QB, and he wants total control. Won't happen.

The Jets are a basket case right now. Harbaugh would rather coach the Dolphins.

Funny aside...my phone kept auto-correcting Harbaugh's name as "Garbage" :lol: Not me saying that...it's my phone.

I'm such a huge Rex fan. He is going to win a Superbowl one of these years. I really think he was sabotaged by a poor owner and two poor GMs - the guy can flat-out coach. He'll probably go to Chicago or Atlanta and I have no doubt he'll be successful.

This kind of talk among Bills fans slays me. If a Bills coach had the record Rex has with the Jets, he would be reviled. Sure Rex has had QB issues. Guess what? So have the Bills, and I don't see anyone giving the Bills HC a break. I suppose we are hardest on our own.

Like his father, Rex is a great HC, but a questionable HC at best. It really doesn't help that he is a blowhard, who draws attention to himself. Think about it. Most of the great HCs deflect attention---not revel in it. Clearly his players do not seem to play hard for him and his ex-players and coaches seem to pass on opportunities to sing his praises.

Based on this year, you have to wonder why the guy had a job in the NFL. QB issues? The Jets QBs have more pure talent than the Bills QBs, no? People here wanted the Bills to trade high draft picks for Mike Vick. I've read countless posts saying Gino is far better than EJ. But even if his QB sucks the guy is a defensive genius. How in the world can his team be 3-12 if he he is even a "good" HC?

He took over a 9-7 team from Mangini (by most accounts a terrible HC) and has only managed to better that record once. Four times, in his six years, his record has been worse. The support for this guy on this board is completely inexplicable to me.