Will you be more or less into the draft this year without a 1st round

YoloinOhio

I'll watch you never know with Whaley, he likes to deal, I wouldn't be surprised if he made some kind of a move during the first round, in fact, the more I think about it the more I expect it. It would be a savy PR move to make some kind of a move to excite the fan base during the 1st round give them something to talk about other than the trade.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and I will still watch because I think there is going to be a lot of trades and moving. Cleveland could make some crazy moves and !@#$ up another draft. Which would be awesome.

no way jose.

the way RB's are found now-a-days and the good crop of FA's I'd be just as quick to sign a vested FA or young pup cheap then I would waste an early draft pick.

i can easily see Cleveland packaging both picks to move up for Mariota.

Which QB after Mariota & Luck will someone trade into the 1st round for? Even with all of the QB needy teams I would be surprised if a 3rd QB was off the board before their 1st pick. Just because the Bills need a QB doesn't mean that there is 1 there. That's what they did with EJ.

On the topic I will still be interested. I love the draft and am a nerd for it. I find it to be one of the more interesting sporting events of the year. A few things that I will be interested to see are where the QBs end up, if the RBs jump back into the 1st (Gordon and/or Gurley), and any players traded for picks (I suspect that we will see more of this).

Jamis Winston is going to be a beast in the NFL. Especially if he falls and lands in the right spot i.e. KC with Andy Reid or Denver with John Fox. (Brock is not the answer.)

Obviously people gave a bad impression of Jamis Winston but all that stupid college stuff will go away (The sexual assault seems dubious imo.)

Now if the Bills had the 16th pick and Jamis was there I would be pissed. However Marrone and Hacket couldn't coach themselves out of a wet paper bag so they would just ruin Winston.

I am curious to see how the Winston saga plays out.

Jamis Winston is going to be a beast in the NFL. Especially if he falls and lands in the right spot i.e. KC with Andy Reid or Denver with John Fox. (Brock is not the answer.)

Obviously people gave a bad impression of Jamis Winston but all that stupid college stuff will go away (The sexual assault seems dubious imo.)

Now if the Bills had the 16th pick and Jamis was there I would be pissed. However Marrone and Hacket couldn't coach themselves out of a wet paper bag so they would just ruin Winston.

I am curious to see how the Winston saga plays out.

i predict Winston will end up in Tampa. And it would be a good fit. Edited by YoloinOhio

This is where Pegula really needs to put his money into scouting because that 2nd round pick is gonna be very important.....there is gonna be a good player in that second round we just gotta find him.

It will be important to be active in free agency so that we can let the player fall to us in the 2nd and not reach....

By the way.....imo Kiko Alonzo IS our first round pick this year.

i can easily see Cleveland packaging both picks to move up for Mariota.

The only option they'll have is Jags.

Titans: QB, CB, D-front 6

Bucs: QB, OL, LB

Jags: OL, CB, RB, 19 other positions

Jets: QB, RT/LT, CB

Raiders: don't need qb

Redskins: need QB but won't go QB

The Bucs and Titans need a QB and i think both coaches know they need a QB or something to get them thru to save their career. Titans getting Cutler (I think Cutler stays in Chicago) could mean Titans giving Browns the first pick but it will be costly.

Mannion and Marriota could be off the board by the 4th pick if the Browns move up, but regardless, Winston may be the only option they have in NY.

Jameis in Tampa & Mariota in Tennessee? I think that Cutler to Tennessee would be really stupid. They aren't a team that needs a 31 year-old QB. They are awful and should take their shot starting with a young guy.

I have a feeling the Jets are going to try to get Mariota. But I could see him in TN and would be nice fit with Whisenhunt. The other option for TN is Cutler or another vet FA and then try to continue to develop Mett. I think Mett showed enough in his small sample size to continue to groom and the fact he came from a pro-style offense with Cam Cameron helped him (just like I think it helped OBJ,Landry, Hill)

i predict Winston will end up in Tampa. And it would be a good fit.

I think they'd rather go with a Senior. lovie smith coaching and their FO will probably value mannion over winston. i hope winston goes to the yets.

I have a feeling the Jets are going to try to get Mariota. But I could see him in TN and would be nice fit with Whisenhunt. The other option for TN is Cutler or another vet FA and then try to continue to develop Mett. I think Mett showed enough in his small sample size to continue to groom and the fact he came from a pro-style offense with Cam Cameron helped him (just like I think it helped OBJ,Landry, Hill)

that'd mean something like the Jets and Buc swapping picks to ensure no one gets the Jags pick to take a QB. If the Bucs stay they can draft a QB, if they move back to 4 they can still get a QB, likely, and more help later in the draft.

I think that may be a good deal for both teams, because otherwise someone will swoop in at the Jags spot and get their QB.

I generally find the draft enjoyable. I'm usually someone who likes to "scout" a lot of these prospects so for me it's fun to watch to see where they are taken.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed with not having a 1st rounder this year but I'm still hopeful that we can address some needs in the other rounds. I'd like to see a QB taken though. I'm going to keep my eyes on guys like Carden, Grayson and Mannion.

I think I will be less interested in this years draft. Not much, but still.

In the previous drafts, I looked at all the mock drafts that I could find. This year it is only the mocks with 2nd and 3rd rounds that gets my attention. I still frequently use walterfootball, CBS and draftbreakdown to get my draft dose.

What draft sites do you use, and can recommend?

I think I will be less interested in this years draft. Not much, but still.

In the previous drafts, I looked at all the mock drafts that I could find. This year it is only the mocks with 2nd and 3rd rounds that gets my attention. I still frequently use walterfootball, CBS and draftbreakdown to get my draft dose.

What draft sites do you use, and can recommend?

I like this one --

NFL Draft Scout

http://www.nfldrafts...sxpos&order=ASC

Also--

http://www.drafttek.com/

This one has an online draft simulator for a great time waster!

Edited by YoloinOhio

One round doesn't make or break an entire draft. Not every good starting QB was a first rounder, some were picked much later (you never know), and we can get a good guard or two in the lower rounds as well. So what if we don't have a #1, it's not the end of the world OR the draft.

Let's wait and see who we get and what they do when they get here.

Oh, and I will still watch because I think there is going to be a lot of trades and moving. Cleveland could make some crazy moves and !@#$ up another draft. Which would be awesome.

no way jose.

the way RB's are found now-a-days and the good crop of FA's I'd be just as quick to sign a vested FA or young pup cheap then I would waste an early draft pick.

They could use a Brandon Oliver/CJ Anderson type. Low to ground, good balance, instinctive. No excuse for not being able to find one later in the draft. Teams do it every year.

I think I am going to be more interested in FA this year. I think it could be a strong year for FAs and a relatively weak draft class.

You beat me to it. Our needs at guard and tight end could be better and more reliably met in FA than in the draft. The defense here is already at it's SB peak right now, it will soon be going downward with the inevitable loss of players to FA, injury and age (KW).

Getting an offense that is ready to play next year is critical. Anyone you draft is generally for the future, unless it is a high, sure thing, 1st round pick, which we don't have.

I'm not sure about the QB position though. Maybe a Bradford or a Cutler might work, but neither may actually be available for a reasonable cost. Not a lot of QBs available in FA seem that much better than Orton and EJ. And neither Orton or EJ are good enough. I don't have much hope of a playoff spot, even with FA upgrades at OL and TE without a major upgrade at QB.

With no 1st round, I don't see much help next year via the draft. This draft will by necessity be for the future, while with the right FA additions to offense, the Bills defense is poised to make a legitimate playoff run now.

Edited by simpleman