15 years without playoffs. An excuse for that. New England.

We've been hapless, yes. 15 years. Has New England had a bad team in the past 15 years? It's hard to win a division under normal circumstances, but when you're in the same division as New England and Brady and Belichek, this does make the task more daunting.

There have been other teams in this league that have sucked worse than the Bills for a longer period of time. We've come close, but nearly every year we have gone 0-2 against the Patriots, and are starting behind the 8 ball.

I'm not saying that our team has an excuse for not being in the playoffs. I'm saying that we have not been the worst team in the NFL the last 15 years.

2004-13, we have the 5th worst record in the league. We have 12 more wins than the 4th worst (Rams), but only 3 less than the Fins, Skins, Bucs, and Chiefs. How many of these teams have to play the Pats 2 times a year? We have had a rough time, but we are far from the worst team over the past 10 years.

Anybody get any solace from this?

I don't get much, but I do believe that our Bills are better than they are given credit for. The 15 year drought has a lot to do with our division and conference. And some bad coaching and drafts, some stupid free agent signings (Dockery) and losses.

I don't feel so badly when I run this through my pea brain.

I agree with your OP. It's not the only reason we have not made it ( lots of bad decision ), but playing against NE twice a year is certainly not helping. We need to find a way to beat those guys. They have been good for such a long time, it has to end eventually !

Yea. Makes sense. The Jets and Dolphins are on 15 year playoff draughts, too. Even though the record books say that the Dolphins have made the playoffs three times and the Jets have made it six. That's obviously wrong because they play that Pats twice a year.

Yea. Makes sense. The Jets and Dolphins are on 15 year playoff draughts, too. Even though the record books say that the Dolphins have made the playoffs three times and the Jets have made it six. That's obviously wrong because they play that Pats twice a year.

Just saying we're not the worst. There are worse teams to root for.

However, sometimes I wish we were the worst so we could pick number one. With the exception of the Dareus pick at number 3, in our worst years we always pick between 8 and 12. Not bad enough to draft a franchise quarterback.

Goes both ways. Maybe they are so good because they get to play us twice a year?

Our record against them for the past 15 years is a joke and inexcusable. Even when you suck, you should still give division rivals a run for it and we don't.

Sorry, just doesn't add up to me

Goes both ways. Maybe they are so good because they get to play us twice a year?

Our record against them for the past 15 years is a joke and inexcusable. Even when you suck, you should still give division rivals a run for it and we don't.

Sorry, just doesn't add up to me

Amen ... Well said

Look at the countless wasted #1 picks, inability to find a quarterback in nearly 20 years, horrible coaching hires (practically every coach since Levy), terrible GM Hires, (Donahoe, Levy, Nix), and it's painfully obvious why this team has been so bad!

You would think they would have gotten it right at least ONCE in a decade and a half!

We've been hapless, yes. 15 years. Has New England had a bad team in the past 15 years? It's hard to win a division under normal circumstances, but when you're in the same division as New England and Brady and Belichek, this does make the task more daunting.

There have been other teams in this league that have sucked worse than the Bills for a longer period of time. We've come close, but nearly every year we have gone 0-2 against the Patriots, and are starting behind the 8 ball.

I'm not saying that our team has an excuse for not being in the playoffs. I'm saying that we have not been the worst team in the NFL the last 15 years.

2004-13, we have the 5th worst record in the league. We have 12 more wins than the 4th worst (Rams), but only 3 less than the Fins, Skins, Bucs, and Chiefs. How many of these teams have to play the Pats 2 times a year? We have had a rough time, but we are far from the worst team over the past 10 years.

I don't get much, but I do believe that our Bills are better than they are given credit for. The 15 year drought has a lot to do with our division and conference. And some bad coaching and drafts, some stupid free agent signings (Dockery) and losses.

not much. all those teams with 3 more wins over past 10 years have all been great in the past, are relatively popular and have Super Bowl winning legacies that are very strong. Unfortunately and regrettably, the Bills are perceived nationally a doormat franchise in a forgotten rust belt area with a horrific SB losing legacy. The Bills regrettably need to win a lot over a long period of time to escape the ingrained image of "why is there a franchise in Buffalo again?" mentality nationally... just sayin'. They will get there, a few consecutive good decisions by new ownership and i think everything can change.

Did NE somehow have a hand in hiring our Coaches, and staffing our Front Office for the last 15 years?

One way, or another, the BILLS made the bad decisions, and NE maybe made a whole lot of better ones.

So call us; Hapless, unlucky, stupid, FUBAR etc., etc., it's all on our own efforts, or lack of same that gets us here year after year. I hate NE as much as anyone else, but they are not some kind of super franchise. They simply get 2 guaranteed W's, every season, because of us. If we got 2 guaranteed W's every freakin year, we wouldn't be talking about this.

YES!! If not for the good teams, bad teams like us would have made the playoffs many times the past 15yrs. The blame shouldn't go on us for producing a worse product than the playoff teams when it's just that we were unlucky those teams were so good.

We can all slice and dice and validate however we like. At the end of the day its 15 years due to bad drafts, poor coaching, no QB, etc....thats really why. Bad teams find ways to get better and beat the good ones, we have failed miserably. If you take away the glory years of the late 80s to mid 90s our beloved Bills have been an abymssmal failure to then tune of, if I remember right, around a .370 win percentage. Get a bonafide coach and quit passing on good quarterbacks and just maybe we can be respectable again. While were at it keep Brandon far away from the football side. His hands are still in the pot. One post game he was in the locker room ra ra shish ka ba'in amongst the team and coaching staff. Keep him the f$@& out!

Did NE somehow have a hand in hiring our Coaches, and staffing our Front Office for the last 15 years?

One way, or another, the BILLS made the bad decisions, and NE maybe made a whole lot of better ones.

So call us; Hapless, unlucky, stupid, FUBAR etc., etc., it's all on our own efforts, or lack of same that gets us here year after year. I hate NE as much as anyone else, but they are not some kind of super franchise. They simply get 2 guaranteed W's, every season, because of us. If we got 2 guaranteed W's every freakin year, we wouldn't be talking about this.

^ This Edited by billsfan_34

S#!ttiest. Excuse. Ever.

We've had 15 years to study these guy's tendencies and habits... 15 years watching the same QB throw TD's right in our frickin' face!

Our problem is ignorance... and there's no excuse at all for it.... The Patsoes are the gold standard of the AFCE. -We should be doing our best to match them.

The ONLY common denominator over the past fifteen years of the franchise has been Ralph. He has had the last word (and oftentimes the first) on every significant decision made by the franchise. The fact that Wilson and his parasites are no longer involved with the Bills organization gives me hope for the future.