Marrone and Whaley will take path of least resistance to improve team

gjv001

Keeping and improving the Bills Defense will be relatively simple for Doug and Doug; Spend a little of The Pagula's money to keep it together and get Kiko healthy. Now the Bills Offense is a little trickier to improve. As everyone knows Franchise QB's are rare, and finding one for next year is very unlikely. But building a dominating Oline is not out of the realm off possibilities and probably the easiest option for Doug and Doug to take the Bills to the next level. They will have to spend some more of The Pagula's money to accomplish this task. But it is the path of least resistance to improve the Bills.

Keeping and improving the Bills Defense will be relatively simple for Doug and Doug; Spend a little of The Pagula's money to keep it together and get Kiko healthy. Now the Bills Offense is a little trickier to improve. As everyone knows Franchise QB's are rare, and finding one for next year is very unlikely. But building a dominating Oline is not out of the realm off possibilities and probably the easiest option for Doug and Doug to take the Bills to the next level. They will have to spend some more of The Pagula's money to accomplish this task. But it is the path of least resistance to improve the Bills.

Wow, things are so bright. They got to wear shades!!! Who knew building dominating O-lines was so easy?

The path of least resistance is a metaphor for laziness and apathy and doing the least amount of work. I think you need to think on it a bit for your example. Your argument that 1) franchise QBs are hard to find and 2) rebuilding the offensive line is a good idea is hardly indicative of the path of least resistance. Rather, it's more a strategic decision based on an understanding of how a to improve a football team. So really it's supply and demand and probability. Simply, the supply of quality offensive lineman is closer to the demand than the supply of franchise QBs is to the number of franchises. So, the probability that you can improve your offense is higher if while trying to find that franchise QB (low probability given low supply, draft position and the fact no one trades them or allows them to become free agents) you also focus on improving the offensive line because the probability is high that you can get a couple guards via the draft and free agency.

The path of least resistance would actually be to do nothing while assuming Chris Williams will improve; Kouandijo is an NFL guard; and EJ Manuel is a franchise QB.

Edited by zonabb

Watching the bungles game last night I focused on their LG boling on all the replays. He will be a FA this year and looked very very good. Cincy had all of their success in the running game behind him, pulling, reach blocks, he could even get out and block on screen passes!!!

I'd like to land him. Heck we have a lot of cap space and no qb to pay so sign Iupati too:-). After this season Glenn and Wood should be cheap to extend so do it now while their value is down and then pay some interior guys !

I also expect NO to do a salary dump and they currently have two of the three highest paid Gs in the NFL (cap hit wise anyways) in Grubbs and Nicks. Plus Levitre may be cut.

There are a lot of studs out there and I want two of them!!!

If Levetre is cut by Tennessee, should we consider him to come back and fix the LG position.? I say yes, pending the results of a physical. Don't know what went wrong down there, but he was a stud here for four years.

Edited by bigK14094

As much as everyone wants a franchise QB - there may not be one out there for the taking - so welcome to reality - which means improve the offensive line to a better than average level. I am not an offensive line coach - but maybe our blocking schemes are not conducive to our talent - as I have said before O-L is the top priority this off season. Upgrades and any an all positions, especially at the interior.

The path of least resistance is a metaphor for laziness and apathy and doing the least amount of work. I think you need to think on it a bit for your example. Your argument that 1) franchise QBs are hard to find and 2) rebuilding the offensive line is a good idea is hardly indicative of the path of least resistance. Rather, it's more a strategic decision based on an understanding of how a to improve a football team. So really it's supply and demand and probability. Simply, the supply of quality offensive lineman is closer to the demand than the supply of franchise QBs is to the number of franchises. So, the probability that you can improve your offense is higher if while trying to find that franchise QB (low probability given low supply, draft position and the fact no one trades them or allows them to become free agents) you also focus on improving the offensive line because the probability is high that you can get a couple guards via the draft and free agency.

The path of least resistance would actually be to do nothing while assuming Chris Williams will improve; Kouandijo is an NFL guard; and EJ Manuel is a franchise QB.

You are just superimposing your own definition of what least resistance is in regards to the OP. In fact, your last sentence looks like it would be more of an example of self-deception on the FO's part if they acted accordingly to such beliefs. But you see, I just superimposed my definition of self-deception on you and the FO. To the OP's model of things, I think he has a point. If this team is to ever make it back to the big game, they will require real men on both lines that have the ability to step up on the big stage and run/stop the run. Regardless of who is coaching this team, they need more talent. Marrone will only be allowed to flounder offensively for so long before the path of least resistance for Whaley might be to get a new coaching staff for what he should hope to be a very attractive roster at such time.

with out a solid foundation, anything that is built on it will crumble, so the question is this, are the Bills siting on a solid foundation,

before moving forward Mr. P has to decide if it is or isn't, otherwise the Bills will be spinning their wheels, like they have for over 15 years .

Watching the bungles game last night I focused on their LG boling on all the replays. He will be a FA this year and looked very very good. Cincy had all of their success in the running game behind him, pulling, reach blocks, he could even get out and block on screen passes!!!

I'd like to land him. Heck we have a lot of cap space and no qb to pay so sign Iupati too:-). After this season Glenn and Wood should be cheap to extend so do it now while their value is down and then pay some interior guys !

I also expect NO to do a salary dump and they currently have two of the three highest paid Gs in the NFL (cap hit wise anyways) in Grubbs and Nicks. Plus Levitre may be cut.

Agree on Boling. He is only 25, lets get this kid.

"Take the path of least resistance" is the typical translation of one of Zen philosophy's tenets. A good example IMO would be: When faced with 5 huge D-linemen stacked up in the middle of the line, don't run up the gut. Either run to the outside or pass right over those large gentlemens' heads.

I agree with the OL but would add a different, more powerful explosive RB as well. And the QB they get doesn't need to be all pro but I would go away from Orton or a rookie. Keep EJ as well.

Agree with the sentiments on both of these. Sign two good guards in free agency and then find a way to draft Todd Gurley.

Btw to the OP- there are some posters who choose to mock any thread that is positive because it is a different point of view than their own. Please don't stop posting because of it, in case you considered doing so.

Luckily there are no posters who mock negative threads.

The problem is that guys in a contract year don't always resemble themselves after the contract. Offensive line is also...probably more than any position, reliant on gelling with the other guys on the line.