Kyle Williams and Ron Brooks - sideline fight today

UB2SF

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere else today, so forgive me if it has. I was at the game today, sitting at the 50 yard line behind the Bills bench. After the final Raiders touchdown, there was a commotion on the Bills sideline. I looked down and saw Kyle Williams screaming at Ron Brooks and attempting to go after him. He was being restrained by his D-line teammates, and Ron Brooks was being pulled away from the fray by Aaron Williams. Kyle looked like he was going to effing KILL Brooks -- it was a terrifying sight! Aaron pulled Brooks about 20 yards away from Kyle, and started yelling at Brooks, right up in his grill. Ronnie Henderson got involved and went and talked to both Kyle and Brooks, then went and talked to Schwartz.

Was wondering if this was reported on TV or anywhere else... or if any of my Bills brethren in Section 142 today got a better look at what started the fight. Either way, it can't be good. Aside from the bright side of Aaron taking a leadership role with the DBs, it was a bad sight to see. Looked at my daughter sitting next to me and said, "I think the wheels just came off."

Interesting story, and no, I haven't seen or heard anyone talking about this so far today around here.

That type of thing is not that uncommon in team sports. I do know this: Kyle Williams is a warrior (most pro athletes are not) and I'm sure this loss today didn't sit well with him. I can see why he would be ornery.

Not sure what happened with this situation at all, of course. I didn't even know it occurred.

Thanks for the update.

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere else today, so forgive me if it has. I was at the game today, sitting at the 50 yard line behind the Bills bench. After the final Raiders touchdown, there was a commotion on the Bills sideline. I looked down and saw Kyle Williams screaming at Ron Brooks and attempting to go after him. He was being restrained by his D-line teammates, and Ron Brooks was being pulled away from the fray by Aaron Williams. Kyle looked like he was going to effing KILL Brooks -- it was a terrifying sight! Aaron pulled Brooks about 20 yards away from Kyle, and started yelling at Brooks, right up in his grill. Ronnie Henderson got involved and went and talked to both Kyle and Brooks, then went and talked to Schwartz.

Was wondering if this was reported on TV or anywhere else... or if any of my Bills brethren in Section 142 today got a better look at what started the fight. Either way, it can't be good. Aside from the bright side of Aaron taking a leadership role with the DBs, it was a bad sight to see. Looked at my daughter sitting next to me and said, "I think the wheels just came off."

Still shows they care so that's a plus

Didn't see that, but did anyone catch the exchange between Chandler and Sammy after Chandler's 4th Q TD? Sammy accidentally knocked the ball out of Chandler's hand as he went to spike it, and it seemed like Chandler was pissed about it. I wasn't sure if he was just joking around, but later they showed Chandler on the sidelines and he made another aggressive gesture at Sammy sitting on the bench.

Still shows they care so that's a plus

If there is anyone who cares its Kyle Williams.

Didn't see that, but did anyone catch the exchange between Chandler and Sammy after Chandler's 4th Q TD? Sammy accidentally knocked the ball out of Chandler's hand as he went to spike it, and it seemed like Chandler was pissed about it. I wasn't sure if he was just joking around, but later they showed Chandler on the sidelines and he made another aggressive gesture at Sammy sitting on the bench.

I thought they were joking about it, I hope they are not as petty as that.

I thought they were joking about it, I hope they are not as petty as that.

It could still be joking around, but when they showed Chandler on the sideline he still looked pissed.

Funny thing is, that's happened to Chandler at least one or two other times -- he goes to spike the ball, and somebody accidentally knocks it out of his hand. Maybe he's just sick of that happening.

I saw him knock it out of his hand and thought only the bills could screw up spiking the ball

Maybe Kyle was a little miffed about Brooks lining up 10 yards off the WR and then backpedaling 5 yards on the snap when his man ran a 6 yard out pattern.

maybe Brooks was a little miffed about Williams lining up on the line of scrimmage and letting Oakland RB's run right past him.

Maybe Kyle was a little miffed about Brooks lining up 10 yards off the WR and then backpedaling 5 yards on the snap when his man ran a 6 yard out pattern.

Hah.

Seriously, if I had to guess, I bet Brooks started pointing fingers. From what I've seen of Kyle, he HATES that. In interviews, he freaked when they talked about who was to blame. Brooks probably said something stupid.

maybe Brooks was a little miffed about Williams lining up on the line of scrimmage and letting Oakland RB's run right past him.

Maybe. Although it seemed as if Charles and Bryant were really the ones being abused. A couple times, I did notice that it was a fortunate call by the raiders against an unfortunate defensive call by the Bills. And when the Bills were stunting, they kind of took themselves out of the play and running lanes. That stuff happens.

Hah.

Seriously, if I had to guess, I bet Brooks started pointing fingers. From what I've seen of Kyle, he HATES that. In interviews, he freaked when they talked about who was to blame. Brooks probably said something stupid.

Yep. I do think this kind of stuff happens quite a bit though. If it lingers it's bad. If it's heat of the moment and guys realize they may have overreacted it's no big deal.

I was sitting in the same area and saw Kyle being pulled but didn't catch it early enough to see who Kyle was talking to. Kyle was MAD though.

I think I feel the most bad for Kyle after today. Great player always stuck on a non playoff team.

Edited by Lord_MacDonald