Kyle Orton is a Horrible Quarterback

Coach Tuesday

Yes, we need two new guards, a tight end, and a more interesting offensive scheme. However, I think it needs to be established once and for all on this forum and as a Law of the Physical Universe: Kyle Orton sucks at the game of football. He cannot play the position. He's simply bad at his job.

Nothing really new in this post, I just want to make sure that we're all in agreement here. There shouldn't be any debate left. If there is someone out there who disagrees, and thinks that Kyle Orton is a decent quarterback, I'd like you to please announce yourself. I'm really very curious whether there are any delusional souls still believing in the guy. Because I have been watching football for my entire lifetime, and I know a bad quarterback when I see one. Don't give me stats, don't give me intangibles, don't give me "It's Hackett's fault" - I will say it one last, final time, to be inscribed forever in the Book of Football Knowledge:

KYLE ORTON IS A HORRIBLE, MISERABLE, TERRIBLE, AWFUL QUARTERBACK.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop trying to think, you're not good at it. You continue to miss my point completely. If you want Cutler, you just saw a very Cutleresque performance. Cutler is garbage and not the answer -- certainly not at 126 million dollars.

Who is your number 1 QB replacement suggestion for this team next season?

Stop trying to think, you're not good at it. You continue to miss my point completely. If you want Cutler, you just saw a very Cutleresque performance. Cutler is garbage and not the answer -- certainly not at 126 million dollars.

How can Cutler be simultaneously blasted for being reckless throwing down field AND playing like Orton did today?

Who is your number 1 QB replacement suggestion for this team next season?

Not Jay Cutler.

How can Cutler be simultaneously blasted for being reckless throwing down field AND playing like Orton did today?

The lack of passion, the terrible turnovers, and the throws that are five yards off target are all hallmarks of Cutler's play.

He's just a passer. If the first read isn't there or there is a breakdown in the OL, he can't re-shuffle his feet quick enough to keep the play alive. He is not in command of the offense, he doesn't get the play/team out of a bad call or situation. That 3rd and 1 today, I thought he had a good chance of converting with a QB sneak had he audibled there, instead he throws short to a guy clearing space.

The first interception was awful too, we were driving and he got the raiders into the game.

He's just collecting a check at this point.

Not Jay Cutler.

The lack of passion, the terrible turnovers, and the throws that are five yards off target are all hallmarks of Cutler's play.

Lack of passion on the field or the sideline? I have never seen Jay Cutler throw behind the LoS over and over and over like KO does. That's worse than a lack of passion.

Lack of passion on the field or the sideline? I have never seen Jay Cutler throw behind the LoS over and over and over like KO does. That's worse than a lack of passion.

Both. They aren't carbon copies but Cutler doesn't make this team better -- especially with that contact. At best he's a lateral move.

He's just a passer. If the first read isn't there or there is a breakdown in the OL, he can't re-shuffle his feet quick enough to keep the play alive. He is not in command of the offense, he doesn't get the play/team out of a bad call or situation. That 3rd and 1 today, I thought he had a good chance of converting with a QB sneak had he audibled there, instead he throws short to a guy clearing space.

The first interception was awful too, we were driving and he got the raiders into the game.

He's just collecting a check at this point.

This is accurate. He cannot re-set his feet, or simply will not. He is good at one - ONE - throw, the 25-yard stick (both TDs today). But he is so utterly lacking in athleticism that you are right, as soon as the first read is burned and/or the pocket starts to bend, the play is over, the throw will be inaccurate if it even occurs.

you can calle dumb all you want. But your the one thinking Orton is better than Jay Cutler.

The world thinks you should just end it.

This loser lost his starting job to Tim "I can't throw" Tebow.

And yet our idiot of a head coach kept trotting him out in critical situations.

Fire Hackett, Marrone and leave Orton in Oakland.

Make Jim Schwartz the HC.

you can calle dumb all you want. But your the one thinking Orton is better than Jay Cutler.

The world thinks you should just end it.

They both suck. Stop derailing this thread. I am trying to smoke out any remaining Orton apologists. I am fascinated by the capacity of human beings to delude themselves into seeing something that is entirely at odds with reality, and I'm looking for some TBD specimens. Please, announce yourselves, you who lurk in the shadows!