CJ Spiller Activated

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CJ is always gonna be a home run threat that other teams have to game plan for. Let him get his game legs warmed up against a bad Oakland team that will be running for the buses. Then give NE another dimension to our offense to have to worry about, then he'll be ready and important piece of the puzzle for our playoff run. (:

The CJ Mythdom lives!!

Against NE, in Buffalo, he had 19 yards rushing on 6 carries. That's not a dimension.

The CJ Mythdom lives!!

Against NE, in Buffalo, he had 19 yards rushing on 6 carries. That's not a dimension.

Youre livin in the past man, look to the future. CJ brings mad skills to the game. As a defense, if you dont account for him he will hurt you. A powerback he is not, but if he can break through the front 7 hes dangerous as hell

Spiller time!!! He will break 2 runs over 25 yards. Gut feeling

He only has 2 runs over 25 all year.

So far this year, 16% of his carries went for negative yardage.

19% were for 1 yard.

17% went for 2 yards

19% went for 3-4 yards.

8.6% went for 10 or more yards.

In total, 52% of his carries were for 2 or fewer yards.

Who will gameplan for this?

yes. Think outside the box(score).

Exactly He could literally have 5 carries for 12 yards and still impact the game. Coaches like Bill Bellichick didn't get to where they are today by ignoring players that have shown flashes of homerun potential in the past even if that player is having a crappy season.

CJ being back is going to change the Patriots' whole defensive gameplan.

Exactly He could literally have 5 carries for 12 yards and still impact the game. Coaches like Bill Bellichick didn't get to where they are today by ignoring players that have shown flashes of homerun potential in the past even if that player is having a crappy season.

CJ being back is going to change the Patriots' whole defensive gameplan.

How did he impact the last NE game..and why would they change the plan from that game? Seems it worked pretty well for them.

He only has 2 runs over 25 all year.

So far this year, 16% of his carries went for negative yardage.

19% were for 1 yard.

17% went for 2 yards

19% went for 3-4 yards.

8.6% went for 10 or more yards.

In total, 52% of his carries were for 2 or fewer yards.

Who will gameplan for this?

Someone that wants to win a football game, thats who.

But cherry pic meaningless stats from an ultra conservative offensive game plan 6 game stretch if it makes you feel smart.

Please don't run him up the middle...

4.2 ypc this year. 4.6 ypc last year.

even his 7.8 yards per catch is nice.

Worth noting Dixon is averaging 4.2, as well. Dixon is getting a positional high 5.9 yards per catch, also.

Dixon's career high yp carry was 3.7 back in 2012. The most carries he has had by far are here in Buffalo.

But cherry pic meaningless stats from an ultra conservative offensive game plan 6 game stretch if it makes you feel smart.

Cherry pick?? That's his entire year's output.

Don't like those numbers? How about last season? 25% of his runs were for 0 or less yards. 10% were for 1 yard. 15% were for 2 yards.

So....a year ago 50% of his runs were for 2 yards or less. Sound familiar?

Edited by Mr. WEO

Well the personal attack wasn't necassary. But if

You'd like to add something other than insults, that'd be great, and appreciated.

I think you are confusing the lack of excitement of Spiller being back as an indictment on his skill level. We all know he CAN BE a player. However he hasn't been productive in his role on the team. That is the criticism. There is nothing to suggest that in the past two seasons, he is a game changer given how he is used.

If anything the poster did opposite of cherry picking stats, ie overall numbers, and broke down to similar plays. Example: Ortons overall numbers are decent, but we can all agree he has been pretty bad as of late. So 4.2 yards per carry would be cherry picking, his yards each individual carry would be thurough.

Game breaking ability, yes. Drive staller, also yes. We all get nervous when Orton has to convert a third and long. Consistently CJ will leave us there, where the three we have now leave us generally at 3rd and manageable.

Something tells me that CJ doesn't DRASTICALLY change the NE gameplan. our own game planning keeps CJ in check enough that spending time on it would actually increase the possibility of leaving other guys open to make plays.

Well the personal attack wasn't necassary. But if

You'd like to add something other than insults, that'd be great, and appreciated.

I think you are confusing the lack of excitement of Spiller being back as an indictment on his skill level. We all know he CAN BE a player. However he hasn't been productive in his role on the team. That is the criticism. There is nothing to suggest that in the past two seasons, he is a game changer given how he is used.

If anything the poster did opposite of cherry picking stats, ie overall numbers, and broke down to similar plays. Example: Ortons overall numbers are decent, but we can all agree he has been pretty bad as of late. So 4.2 yards per carry would be cherry picking, his yards each individual carry would be thurough.

Game breaking ability, yes. Drive staller, also yes. We all get nervous when Orton has to convert a third and long. Consistently CJ will leave us there, where the three we have now leave us generally at 3rd and manageable.

Something tells me that CJ doesn't DRASTICALLY change the NE gameplan. our own game planning keeps CJ in check enough that spending time on it would actually increase the possibility of leaving other guys open to make plays.

My original point was just that CJ brings a unique aspect to the offense thats another layer to gameplan around. Picking and choosing specific stats to argue against that is insulting. Hes a dynamic runner and if you and Mr Weo dont see that then thats how you chose to look at his game.

I aint gonna change your mind and im not gonna try.

I dont quite know why youre getting into it when he took the first jab at my original comment, but if youre sticking up for your guy then woohoo for you

And he absolutly cherry picked by posting the stats under the conservative game plan since Marrone/Hackett been running things. Which i stated in my original response to him.

Now one last thing, stats are for geeks. If youre not jumping up on your couch and yelling at the screen when CJ's got the ball past 4 yrds with daylight you aint got no heart, that guy's electric when he breaks 'em!

Edited by mastershake

I agree with the negative posters that CJ has not had a good couple of years in Marrone's system and was piss poor this year, other than the one 50+ yard play on which he was injured. That said, the line has been run blocking a little bit better of late and it seems to me that, in recent weeks, they are calling some plays that are a little bit more creative and varied - screen passes, quick slants and other ways to get Bryce Brown into space. Spiller is a more talented version of Brown and could bring something to the offense if they run some of those types of plays for him.

I am not a huge Hackett fan by any means, but he has called a much more diverse set of plays in the last few weeks and Orton is basically just stinking up the joint. The run (up the middle), run (up the middle), pass, punt offense of earlier this year has been updated. Now it is more like pass (incomplete) first down, run for small gain second down, pass short of the sticks on third down, punt. But at least they vary it a bit. Sometimes it is run for 6 yards on first down, pass (incomplete) on 2nd down, 3 yard pass short of the sticks on third down, punt. I guess my point is that they are TRYING to be more creative and varied, and if they can somehow get the ball into Spiller's hands in space, he has the potential to be dangerous.

That sounds great. How many of those yards will be past the line of scrimmage? 0:)

hahahaha

Well done

The CJ Mythdom lives!!

he has literally NEVER done the things that people say he does.

Is he really healthy? Can his surgically repaired shoulder take the pounding? Only time will tell. I think we missed CJ a lot over the last two months. I am not sure what some have been watching saying the running game has been good over the past few weeks. Other than last week at the end of the game - when Fred ran real hard just to keep the chains moving the running game has been poor at best. I hope CJ is healthy and can add a much needed spark to our run game.