"Cr*p rolls downhill..."

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one time we would love for the player being interviewed to quote The Tree Irishmen Nursery Rhyme

Player: " Ask me no more questions, and I will tell you no more lies, IF you get hit with a bucket of ****, be sure to close your eyes"

Interviewer: What?

Player: Exactly

As compensation..O line is among the "safest" positions...Much less chance of permanent brain injuries...although I think Marrone may be an exception..

A good QB with at least some mobility always elevates the O Line play..perhaps we will see that sometime down the road.

When the D can just Tee Off it can get ugly.

:lol: :lol:

18 times according to NFL.com, and they've allowed 69 QB hits, which ranks 16th in the NFL. Buffalo, by contrast, has allowed 76.

http://www.nfl.com/s...s=PASSING_QBHIT

Also, Buffalo's OL has made significant strides since Urbik came into the lineup. They began the season allowing 4 sacks total across their first 3 games. Then Chris Williams went down, and the Cyril Richardson debacle began; the team allowed 7 sacks against Minnesota en route to allowing 16 sacks over the 4-game stretch in which he started. By contrast, the team has allowed 16 sacks across the 7 games since Richardson was benched, including 3 games in which they allowed only 1 sack...one of those was against KC, who is tied for 6th in the NFL in sacks.

If you want to make the case that NE has a better (and better coached) OL, that's fine. Let's not go to extremes and say that Buffalo's hasn't improved over the course of the season when it clearly has.

The Patriots have experienced a lot more challenges than Buffalo on the OL this season. They traded Mankins right before the season, played without starting RG Dan Connolly, and rookie C Bryan Stork at times. Heck, during the Bills game in week 6 they were down 2 OL and still only gave up 2 sacks. And yet they're right there statistically with Buffalo as you cite. Not that raw data always explains something so nuanced. Still, both teams aren't good at running the ball right now.

The point is, NE adapted more easily when they lost starters. I don't think the Bills can handle that kind of challenge because their depth and coaching isn't as good.

Week 17 will be interesting to watch for yet another reason.

I agree with him. If the offense scores 42 points, the playmakers get the credit. If they get shut out, then "the line didn't open holes for the runners" or "the line didn't protect well" in addition to "and the QB sucks" (well, ok, he has sucked lately). The linemen get noticed more for penalties, missed blocks, or just flattening somebody.

Why is "crap" censored in the title? What, we can't say "crap" anymore? I seem to be able to say it. Crap. Crap! Crap crap crap crap crappity crap crap CRAP!

Or did someone have something against the letter "a"?

I agree DC Tom. Marcia can drop the F-Bomb three times on National Television. And that's Okay!

But us common folk are not allowed to type it into a hallowed football forum. where opinions are like

ass holes. Simply because we all have one!

At first I thought Glenn to Guard..you'd lose him. He'd check out and probably want to leave.

But in reality what you could do is give him top 5 Guard money. That could make him fine with it.

Henderson will have what, 4 more years on his rookie deal before he'd need to get paid? Our oline cap hit would be Glenn and basically Wood (not a lot). And no one needing to get paid for some time.

Also the talk of drafting a stud center (a name was mentioned I can't remember) in round 2 (only if no TE available imo) is intriguing. To then move Wood to Guard.

Henderson - Glenn - rookie C--Wood--KuJo? If ready.

That might be the quickest path to upgrade the unit.

And fire Morris.

As compensation..O line is among the "safest" positions...Much less chance of permanent brain injuries...although I think Marrone may be an exception..

A good QB with at least some mobility always elevates the O Line play..perhaps we will see that sometime down the road.

Well played!

At first I thought Glenn to Guard..you'd lose him. He'd check out and probably want to leave.

But in reality what you could do is give him top 5 Guard money. That could make him fine with it.

Henderson will have what, 4 more years on his rookie deal before he'd need to get paid? Our oline cap hit would be Glenn and basically Wood (not a lot). And no one needing to get paid for some time.

Also the talk of drafting a stud center (a name was mentioned I can't remember) in round 2 (only if no TE available imo) is intriguing. To then move Wood to Guard.

Henderson - Glenn - rookie C--Wood--KuJo? If ready.

That might be the quickest path to upgrade the unit.

And fire Morris.

1.) The easiest position to find on an O-Line is Right Guard, Then Left guard.

2.) Why would you move Glenn, who has never played Guard in the NFL to Guard in the NFL? The answer seems to be because we drafted a tackle from Alabama in the second round and he is on the bench.

3.) Why would you move two Top 40 picks (Wood and Glenn) to guard? and then fill, the more difficult to find positions Center and LT with Draft picks or Benchwarmers.

The Line does need to be blown up. It needs more consistency.

Henderson - Urbik - Wood - (Find a road grater Rin Blocking Guard) - Glenn is your best offensive line next year.

Talent wise the line is there.

The real problems for the line are more heavily related to 1.) Coaching 2.) Play Calling 3.) QB play.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Everyone on this message board has a double PhD in Offensive Line-ology. All of the Drs here agree that the offensive line is horrendous and unusable.

(In reality 99% of the people have no idea what they're talking about and the "O-Line sucks" is just an easy way to describe any poor offense.)

not me... Which is why I almost never comment on anything regarding the OL. Or playcalling for that matter.

not me... Which is why I almost never comment on anything regarding the OL. Or playcalling for that matter.

I think playcalling is different, especially situational play calling.

I've watched football for over 30 years (where I had full consciousness and memory) and I can tell you definitely this is the wrong playcall:

• 2-4-BUF 26(4:06) (Shotgun) 18-K.Orton pass incomplete deep right to 10-R.Woods. Fly pattern, receiver at GB 45.

Run the Damn ball! You need 1 first down to take the clock down to under a minute, and a second first down to ice the game. WTF are you doing!!! It is second and FOUR, you just ripped off 6 yards. Do it again. It is 13-19 game you do NOT WANT to

1.)Stop the clock on an incomplete

2.)Give the best QB in the NFL 3 mins to score a TD.

That is playcalling and I damn well no better than the stupid (*^*&%^$^#that called that numbscull play call.

By the grace of god Chandler bailed out Hackett and caught the 3rd down (stupid ass ) pass.

It is sooo bad it is difficult to explain how bad this play call was.

It could be in the Hall of Fame for most stupid play called ever in the history of the NFL.

If that pass is intercepted Torches And Pitchforks would have been required to converge on the Hacket family home.

you are incredibly misinformed. It is literally the most dangerous position for permanent brain injuries. Edited by metzelaars_lives

You need 1 first down to take the clock down to under a minute, and a second first down to ice the game.

It could be in the Hall of Fame for most stupid play called ever in the history of the NFL.

I think you are a good poster...but these two posts are diametrically opposed. Running the ball isn't what wins a game in that situation; getting 1st downs is what wins a game in that situation (as you rightly point out).

Both play calls were great; Chandler caught the ball for a 1st down, and Freddie was as open as any NFL player has ever been on the next 3rd down. Execution failed, not the play call. Orton hits Freddie and it's game over.

I think you are a good poster...but these two posts are diametrically opposed. Running the ball isn't what wins a game in that situation; getting 1st downs is what wins a game in that situation (as you rightly point out).

Both play calls were great; Chandler caught the ball for a 1st down, and Freddie was as open as any NFL player has ever been on the next 3rd down. Execution failed, not the play call. Orton hits Freddie and it's game over.

The issue is on 2nd and 4.

Running the ball does win the game, because it guarantees either an extra 40 seconds off the clock or GB using a Time out. When the clock strikes 00:00 the Bills win. A run play takes 15% of the clock down or 100% of the Time outs that GB has left.

The (unnecessary ) 3rd and 4 was just pure luck. Did you see Chandler tip the Ball to himself. The play call on 2nd and 4, the pass to Woods was asinine.

The issue is on 2nd and 4.

Running the ball does win the game, because it takes an extra 40 seconds off the clock. When the clock strikes 00:00 the Bills win, it could also force GB to burn the last timeout.

The (unnecessary ) 3rd and 4 was just pure luck. Did you see Chandler tip the Ball to himself. The play call on 2nd and 4, the pass to Woods was asinine.

Ah, my bad...I thought you were picking nits with the 3rd down play calls. Yes, I'd have run on 2nd and 4 as well. I fully endorse throwing on 3rd down though.

Ah, my bad...I thought you were picking nits with the 3rd down play calls. Yes, I'd have run on 2nd and 4 as well. I fully endorse throwing on 3rd down though.

I have no problem with a dagger play on 2nd and 4 when the defense is giving us that coverage vs. that receiver after getting six on a running play on first down. Woods was open, Orton missed on a simple play vs a defense set up to stop run first. Again, poor execution.

GO BILLS!!!