"Cr*p rolls downhill..."

I have no problem with a dagger play on 2nd and 4 when the defense is giving us that coverage vs. that receiver after getting six on a running play on first down. Woods was open, Orton missed on a simple play vs a defense set up to stop run first. Again, poor execution.

GO BILLS!!!

Agreed. I just mean that--knowing who we had at QB--I'd have run on 2nd down and saved my pass play for 3rd down.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. I just mean that--knowing who we had at QB--I'd have run on 2nd down and saved my pass play for 3rd down.

Think about that for a second: "knowing who we had at QB." If "knowing who you have at QB" precludes you from trying to do certain things at certain times on the field, then it is FUBAR far more than I thought. I mean, it's bad enough when defenses play you a certain way for that very reason. Just once, it would be nice to make them pay for that as it would force them to play us more honestly going forward.

All play calls are great if they work and suck if they don't. All I know is that play was there to be made, regardless. Just another in a long list of plays Orton has left on the field during his stretch of poor play.

GO BILLS!!!

Think about that for a second: "knowing who we had at QB." If "knowing who you have at QB" precludes you from trying to do certain things at certain times on the field, then it is FUBAR far more than I thought. I mean, it's bad enough when defenses play you a certain way for that very reason. Just once, it would be nice to make them pay for that as it would force them to play us more honestly going forward.

All play calls are great if they work and suck if they don't. All I know is that play was there to be made, regardless. Just another in a long list of plays Orton has left on the field during his stretch of poor play.

GO BILLS!!!

Believe me, I've thought about it for many seconds this season...

:wallbash:

GO BILLS!!!

Your personnel dictates your play calling.

You call different plays if you have Peyton Manning, Russel Wilson, or Kyle Orton at QB .

I get your bold talk. Go for the Guato! Make the Big Play! Break the game open with a big play to Woods. And in the 3rd QTR on a 2nd and 4 at the point in the game You take that chance.

In that particular situation You have the ability to actually win the game with a couple RUNS and first downs.

You play to win the game.

Taking a risk with Orton and leaving 40 seconds on the clock is stupid.

The punt and subsequent Strip/Sack/safety could have been avoided completely with just 3 runs instead of incomplete passes on that drive.

Now punting and giving the defense more opportunities to score is actually probably the smartest move Hackett can make just so his dumb ass and joke offense doesn't screw anything up.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Your personnel dictates your play calling.

You call different plays if you have Peyton Manning, Russel Wilson, or Kyle Orton at QB .

I get your bold talk. Go for the Guato! Make the Big Play! Break the game open with a big play to Woods. And in the 3rd QTR on a 2nd and 4 at the point in the game You take that chance.

In that particular situation You have the ability to actually win the game with a couple RUNS and first downs.

You play to win the game.

Taking a risk with Orton and leaving 40 seconds on the clock is stupid.

The punt and subsequent Strip/Sack/safety could have been avoided completely with just 3 runs instead of incomplete passes on that drive.

Now punting and giving the defense more opportunities to score is actually probably the smartest move Hackett can make just so his dumb ass and joke offense doesn't screw anything up.

So any time you ask Orton to pass the ball you are taking a risk. Got it.

Many factors inform a decision to call a particular play or not. Your hackneyed use of the phrase "your personnel dictates your play calling" notwithstanding. Sorry, but you don't have to be a Manning or Brady to make the play Orton missed on. He missed. Badly. On a wide open play. And since we're playing the hindsight game, if he makes that play, you aren't complaining it was the wrong call.

When I can review an All 22 and not see Orton leave a dozen plays on the field, most of them mind-blowingly SIMPLE plays where he misses receivers running wide open, I'll be more critical of Hackett's play design.

GO BILLS!!!

Many factors inform a decision to call a particular play or not. Your hackneyed use of the phrase "your personnel dictates your play calling" notwithstanding. Sorry, but you don't have to be a Manning or Brady to make the play Orton missed on. He missed. Badly. On a wide open play. And since we're playing the hindsight game, if he makes that play, you aren't complaining it was the wrong call.

When I can review an All 22 and not see Orton leave a dozen plays on the field, most of them mind-blowingly SIMPLE plays where he misses receivers running wide open, I'll be more critical of Hackett's play design.

GO BILLS!!!

Nate,

Brady and Manning don't run that play.

They know better. Brady and Manning know you run the damn ball and win the game.

I do complain about the play if it is completed because it was a horrible idea.

The same as the Vikings game winning pass was a stupid play. Why Go Empty Backfield on a 1st and 2/1. Atleast pretend like you might punch the ball in, on a run.

Nate,

Brady and Manning don't run that play.

They know better. Brady and Manning know you run the damn ball and win the game.

I do complain about the play if it is completed because it was a horrible idea.

The same as the Vikings game winning pass was a stupid play. Why Go Empty Backfield on a 1st and 2/1. Atleast pretend like you might punch the ball in, on a run.

Brady and Manning never make dagger plays. Ever! Especially vs. stacked defenses vs. the run with press coverage late in tight games. NEVER, EVER! Nope, instead they always do exactly what the defense expects them to do. Yep. You got them pegged.

And the last play vs. the Vikings wasn't with an empty backfield. But by all means quibble about a play design that had three, count 'em THREE receivers running open.

Hindsight is fun. Arguing AGAINST hindsight is even more fun.

GO BILLS!!!

GO BILLS!!!

On that play I think you could be reading it wrong . I dont think his intention was to go to Woods he wanted to go to Sammie on the slant but Sammie stopped and he had to get rid of it to Woods . I will have to go back to find it but weve ran that slant to Sammie before in key situations . I have all 22 but I dont talk about it much because it doesnt give you the play calls or adjustments they have made in the huddle or on the sideline . I also have the live game on tape and after that throw that he missed on hes not talking to Woods you see him talking to sammy as he comes back to the and making hand gestures showing that hes supposed to slant in on that play .

On that play I think you could be reading it wrong . I dont think his intention was to go to Woods he wanted to go to Sammie on the slant but Sammie stopped and he had to get rid of it to Woods . I will have to go back to find it but weve ran that slant to Sammie before in key situations . I have all 22 but I dont talk about it much because it doesnt give you the play calls or adjustments they have made in the huddle or on the sideline . I also have the live game on tape and after that throw that he missed on hes not talking to Woods you see him talking to sammy as he comes back to the and making hand gestures showing that hes supposed to slant in on that play .

Did he miss a wide open Woods or not? Regardless whether or not Sammy was his primary, he found and exploited the press coverage vs. Woods and managed to overthrow him. I'll give him credit for a decent throw to Chandler on the 3rd and 4 though.

GO BILLS!!!

Did he miss a wide open Woods or not? Regardless whether or not Sammy was his primary, he found and exploited the press coverage vs. Woods and managed to overthrow him. I'll give him credit for a decent throw to Chandler on the 3rd and 4 though.

GO BILLS!!!

The point is a a 2 yard run on 2nd and 4 takes 40 seconds off the clock and avoids a punt back to Aaron Rodgers.

It is fun to argue against common sense for the sake of it.

The point is a a 2 yard run on 2nd and 4 takes 40 seconds off the clock and avoids a punt back to Aaron Rodgers.

It is fun to argue against common sense for the sake of it.

A two yard run on 2nd and 4 makes it 3rd and 2 and that's not a guarantee you aren't punting on 4th down anyway. Orton throws any kind of decent pass and Woods scores running away to make it 26-13 and we win going away. Dagger play. The 3rd down pass for a first down to Chandler must have had you screaming at the TV.

I am not arguing against common sense. You are arguing for the sake of stretching a point in support of your disdain for Hackett which, by the way, I don't have any qualms against. This is just not a valid thing to ding him on. It was the right play against the right defense at the right time and Orton screwed the pooch big time.

GO BILLS!!!

A two yard run on 2nd and 4 makes it 3rd and 2 and that's not a guarantee you aren't punting on 4th down anyway. Orton throws any kind of decent pass and Woods scores running away to make it 26-13 and we win going away. Dagger play. The 3rd down pass for a first down to Chandler must have had you screaming at the TV.

I am not arguing against common sense. You are arguing for the sake of stretching a point in support of your disdain for Hackett which, by the way, I don't have any qualms against. This is just not a valid thing to ding him on. It was the right play against the right defense at the right time and Orton screwed the pooch big time.

GO BILLS!!!

It was not the right play at the right time.

It was poor situational IQ.

Two runs of two yards takes 90 seconds out of 249 seconds or two more time outs.

The "Dagger" doesn't put the Bills in Easy FG position or kill any additional clock. If complete the Bills are basically in the same situation as running for two yards twice with, obviously, better field position. The risk associated with that pass, is a big fat loss.

Play to win the game, pick up two firsts on the ground and the game is won.

No punt and strip sack needed.

You play to win the game not throw Daggers.

Edited by Why So Serious?