North Korea 1 - Hollywood 0

IDBillzFan

Aaaand, Sony changed their minds:

http://deadline.com/...ack-1201334389/

Honestly, I thought they might. They couldn't have run a better marketing campaign for this movie. I'm surprised they didn't announce it yesterday, when NK's internet was down and they wouldn't have found out.

The bigger question is, will the big theater chains change their minds?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently they're back down again:

http://www.foxnews.c...nternet-outage/

Man, we're really showing them, huh? I wonder how we're shutting it down.

I have this vision of Barack Obama sending Navy Seals to sneak into North Korea, and while Kim Jong Un is on the internet, they pick up the phone to jam the dial up connection.

Man, we're really showing them, huh? I wonder how we're shutting it down.

I have this vision of Barack Obama sending Navy Seals to sneak into North Korea, and while Kim Jong Un is on the internet, they pick up the phone to jam the dial up connection.

And if we are doing this why? I imagine the government would be reacting the same way if it were an evil oil company or Halliburton vs their beloved Hollywood. Am I right?

And if we are doing this why? I imagine the government would be reacting the same way if it were an evil oil company or Halliburton vs their beloved Hollywood. Am I right?

"Proportinate response." You hack a major company, we take down your internet.

Which is a fallacious comparison. More accurate would be: you blackmail and extort a major company, we show you what it's like to be a Verizon customer. :rolleyes:

I tend to think the major theaters declined to show it not because of fear of terrorist attacks (and lawsuits if such happened), but rather because Christmas season is when they fill the theaters, and they were worried that if this movie was showing lot's of nervous moms and dads would simply say we're not going to see ANY movies at a theater that's showing The Interview. The almighty dollar speaks loudly. Don't believe the drivel that they had the safety of their employees and the American public in mind when they decided not to show it.

I commend Sony for getting it out on line today, and to those independent theaters brave enough to show it. Here in Atlanta the one theater showing it sold out all show times within minutes of becoming available on line yesterday.

I tend to think the major theaters declined to show it not because of fear of terrorist attacks (and lawsuits if such happened), but rather because Christmas season is when they fill the theaters, and they were worried that if this movie was showing lot's of nervous moms and dads would simply say we're not going to see ANY movies at a theater that's showing The Interview. The almighty dollar speaks loudly. Don't believe the drivel that they had the safety of their employees and the American public in mind when they decided not to show it.

I commend Sony for getting it out on line today, and to those independent theaters brave enough to show it. Here in Atlanta the one theater showing it sold out all show times within minutes of becoming available on line yesterday.

I just wanted to add I just posted my 500th post, and noticed that I advanced from Rookie to RFA. Cool, only took me 11 years - I'm moving up fast! Edited by Georgia Bill

"Proportinate response." You hack a major company, we take down your internet.

Which is a fallacious comparison. More accurate would be: you blackmail and extort a major company, we show you what it's like to be a Verizon customer. :rolleyes:

At least we're not showing Best Korea what it's like to be a Time Warner customer. I think that's considered a crime against humanity.

I just wanted to add I just posted my 500th post, and noticed that I advanced from Rookie to RFA. Cool, only took me 11 years - I'm moving up fast!

Merry Christmas!