North Korea 1 - Hollywood 0

IDBillzFan

Maybe SONY is behind it all to drum up additional publicity for the film. Now that I can't see it, I have an urge to go see it.

And really, what kind of surprise coordinated attack could happen when you've got, what, 3,000 theaters across the US showing the film at different times?

They'd only have to attack two to get the average American to crawl under their houses and start quaking.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone actually believe that this movie will never see the light of day? They're going to release it in some form once the dust settles and they'll make an ass load of money from it. North Korea just unveiled their awesome fake punt while trailing 70-0. They wasted it on nothing.

The Evidence That North Korea Hacked Sony Is Flimsy

by Kim Zetter

Today Sony canceled the premiere of “The Interview” and its entire Christmas-Day release of the movie because of fears that terrorists might attack theaters showing the film.

The actions show just how much power the attackers behind the Sony hack have amassed in a short time. But who exactly are they?

1 The New York Times reported this evening that North Korea is “centrally involved” in the hack, citing unnamed U.S. intelligence officials. It’s unclear from the Times report what “centrally involved” means and whether the intelligence officials are saying the hackers were state-sponsored or actually agents of the state. The Times also notes that “It is not clear how the United States came to its determination that the North Korean regime played a central role in the Sony attacks.” The public evidence pointing at the Hermit Kingdom is flimsy.

Other theories of attribution focus on hacktivists—motivated by ideology, politics or something else—or disgruntled insiders who stole the data on their own or assisted outsiders in gaining access to it. Recently, the finger has pointed at China.

In the service of unraveling the attribution mess, we examined the known evidence for and against North Korea.

more at the link: http://www.wired.com/2014/12/evidence-of-north-korea-hack-is-thin/

Edited by B-Man

Does anyone actually believe that this movie will never see the light of day? They're going to release it in some form once the dust settles and they'll make an ass load of money from it. North Korea just unveiled their awesome fake punt while trailing 70-0. They wasted it on nothing.

Could SONY actually be working with the CIA to out NKs cyber abilities?

They go through a lot of lengths to try to disprove an obvious source of the hack, all the while producing very little evidence to disprove their theory.

Oftentimes, the obvious attacker is the correct one.

That is a truly bad article. Most of the links that demonstrate the "weakness" of the evidence are either out of date (the link to the FBI's claim that there's no evidence is nine days old) or just incorrect.

Fair enough gentlemen.

In light of the recent reporting debacles, there’s nothing wrong with a little skepticism with MSM reporting.

So now there is the ongoing story of the hack of Sony’s computer system that the MSM now says in near unison is the work of North Korea. Note the similarity in the four accounts below that rely on anonymous sources in the government and defectors for their reporting:

New York Times

Washington Post

CNN

Reuters

So we have anonymous sources and defectors feeding information to the press. Where’s the confirmation? North Korea could be behind the attack, but why should we take the Obama administration sources at their word? Nothing wrong with asking for more evidence

Where’s the confirmation? North Korea could be behind the attack, but why should we take the Obama administration sources at their word?

Obama has repeatedly proven his word is useless, but it won't keep him from having his stooges point a finger at NK keep Sony from looking bad. Because keeping Sony from looking bad is what fills the campaign coffers.

You'll see this more clearly after Christmas, when Barry comes to Hollywood to grab some more cash.

Fair enough gentlemen.

In light of the recent reporting debacles, there’s nothing wrong with a little skepticism with MSM reporting.

So now there is the ongoing story of the hack of Sony’s computer system that the MSM now says in near unison is the work of North Korea. Note the similarity in the four accounts below that rely on anonymous sources in the government and defectors for their reporting:

New York Times

Washington Post

CNN

Reuters

So we have anonymous sources and defectors feeding information to the press. Where’s the confirmation? North Korea could be behind the attack, but why should we take the Obama administration sources at their word? Nothing wrong with asking for more evidence

I have no problem with healthy skepticism. That Wired article is just **** - desperate groping at an attempt at being contrarian.

And I tend to ignore those media reports. For me, I strongly suspect it's NK not because the government tells me to, but because the technical similarities between this and other known NK attacks are significant. And I doubt this is just some schmoes who lucked in to a take-down of Sony Entertainment - this was specifically targeted, and highly planned, probably months in advance. This was a very organized and directed group that intentionally went after Sony and only Sony with meticulous intent. Not even Anonymous reaches that level of sophistication.

I have no problem with healthy skepticism. That Wired article is just **** - desperate groping at an attempt at being contrarian.

And I tend to ignore those media reports. For me, I strongly suspect it's NK not because the government tells me to, but because the technical similarities between this and other known NK attacks are significant. And I doubt this is just some schmoes who lucked in to a take-down of Sony Entertainment - this was specifically targeted, and highly planned, probably months in advance. This was a very organized and directed group that intentionally went after Sony and only Sony with meticulous intent. Not even Anonymous reaches that level of sophistication.

Which is why I still contend the Chinese are helping. It's win win win for them.

Which is why I still contend the Chinese are helping. It's win win win for them.

Considering that some of the attacks were traced to servers in China, highly probable.

To me, the most laughable piece somebody thought fit to print was this doozy from CBS News:

"It could be. In my personal opinion, it's not," Monsegur said. "Look at the bandwidth going into North Korea. I mean, the pipelines, the pipes going in, handling data, they only have one major ISP across their entire nation. That kind of information flowing at one time would have shut down North Korean Internet completely."

Monsegur is confident they don't have the infrastructure to carry out this kind of attack.

M'kay. It's not a NK coordinated attack, because NK doesn't have big enough broadband connection to take in all the data.

North Korea's capable of planning and executing the attack on their own, except for their lack of infrastructure. And while it's widely know that NK uses Chinese infrastructure for cyber attacks, I don't know how much operational control China would exercise over a NK attack (probably quite a bit, but not as much as you'd think). Plus...it was a widely distributed attack. Servers used in this attack have been identified in Seoul, Thailand, and somewhere in South America (Ecuador or Bolivia, I think).

M'kay. It's not a NK coordinated attack, because NK doesn't have big enough broadband connection to take in all the data.

That was !@#$ing retarded. A guy from Anonymous should know better than that.

They can do that? Paramount, I mean? Sony refuses to distribute, which is one thing - a theater can't show a movie they don't have. But Paramount's forbidding the screening of an already-distributed movie?

The only thing they can do is threaten to not give them future Paramount releases. No way they don't show Team America at the Alamo House, it's already sold out and they're famous for not giving a !@#$ there.