North Korea 1 - Hollywood 0

IDBillzFan

The Sony hacking thing was funny at first because you couldn't pay for a better opportunity to shine a light on liberal hypocrisy.

But Hollywood and movie theater chains are folding like a cheap suit now, including the announcement today that New Regency is scrapping a Steve Carell movie to be set in North Korea...a movie that hasn't even been made yet.

Thank God this never happened with the release of Team America. (Definitely NSFW)

"I don't know much in this crazy, crazy world, but I do know that if you don't let us phuck this assshole, we are going to have our dicks and our puzzies all covered in schit."

http://youtu.be/32iCWzpDpKs

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole thing doesn't pass the smell test. I imagine that's it's possible that North Korea might have the means to hack Sony like this, but are we to believe that this 'Guardians Of Peace' group has the means to make credible terror threats and the feds haven't even ramped up the terror alerts? And do they actually have any connection to North Korea at all? This is one of their warnings - it reads like a bad google translation:

“We will clearly show it to you at the very time and places ‘The Interview’ be shown, including the premiere, how bitter fate those who seek fun in terror should be doomed to. Soon all the world will see what an awful movie Sony Pictures Entertainment has made. The world will be full of fear. Remember the 11th of September 2001. We recommend you to keep yourself distant from the places at that time. (If your house is nearby, you’d better leave.) Whatever comes in the coming days is called by the greed of Sony Pictures Entertainment. All the world will denounce the SONY.”

I'm not buying the connection to North Korea.

This whole thing doesn't pass the smell test. I imagine that's it's possible that North Korea might have the means to hack Sony like this, but are we to believe that this 'Guardians Of Peace' group has the means to make credible terror threats and the feds haven't even ramped up the terror alerts? And do they actually have any connection to North Korea at all? This is one of their warnings - it reads like a bad google translation:

“We will clearly show it to you at the very time and places ‘The Interview’ be shown, including the premiere, how bitter fate those who seek fun in terror should be doomed to. Soon all the world will see what an awful movie Sony Pictures Entertainment has made. The world will be full of fear. Remember the 11th of September 2001. We recommend you to keep yourself distant from the places at that time. (If your house is nearby, you’d better leave.) Whatever comes in the coming days is called by the greed of Sony Pictures Entertainment. All the world will denounce the SONY.”

Like we need you to go through this trouble to point this out. Pretty drastic I think. Just let it show and we'll find out for ourselves.

Like we need you to go through this trouble to point this out. Pretty drastic I think. Just let it show and we'll find out for ourselves.

Oh, it's no trouble at all. I find it very easy to opine, especially on a message board, but thanks for the input.

I agree. Clearly a Mossad false flag.

Or, my earlier take on it...

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/173750-hack-of-sony-pictures-thought-to-be-retaliation-for-rogen-film/#entry3357437

So today is the day we normalized relations with Cuba and let the North Koreans run our movie theaters.

Less that, than the theaters were unwilling to take on the liability of anything happening Christmas day related to this film and the #GOP release. It's less "We're scared of North Korea" than it is "We're scared of the plethora of idiots who'll sue us for tripping over the carpet or pinching their fingers in the seats and blame it on "The Interview" and #GOP."

I was referring to the Guardians of Peace and the part I highlighted in their "manifesto" not you. :lol:

Oh, good lord. That's twice in one day that I completely misunderstood you. My apologies. :bag:

This lays out a pretty good case (note it's dated ten days ago).

http://www.bloomberg...-hollywood.html

Yes, it does. What I don't get is this: if it was NK that was behind both the hack and the terror threats from this GoP group, why hasn't there been any (or at least more) acknowledgement of it from Homeland Security?

Or have they issued warnings and I've managed to not hear about those as well?

Maybe SONY is behind it all to drum up additional publicity for the film. Now that I can't see it, I have an urge to go see it.

And really, what kind of surprise coordinated attack could happen when you've got, what, 3,000 theaters across the US showing the film at different times?