Okay, give me a list of Quarterbacks you don't want in Buffalo

HOUSE

We see many QB's listed here everyday, it may be easiler to give me a short list of quarterbacks YOU DON"T WANT

I have 3 2015 free agents I hate...

Vince Young

Jimmy Clausen

Jay Cutler

Edited by HOUSE

Are we going from FA's?

FA Dont' want.

Vick

Hasselbeck

Ponder

Sanchez

Gabbert

Hill

Campbell

Jackson

Flynn

Mallet

Taylor

Yates

Tolzien

Clausen

Webb

Orlovsky

McCoy

LcCown

Moore

Davis

Johnson

Simms

Lindley

Lewis

Fales

Keenum

Newhall-Caballero

Kinnie

Hansen

Stewart

I'd look at:

Hoyer

Locker

Moore

Legit Trade-bait QB's I don't want:

Everyone not below

Trade Bait QB's I might consider for a 4th or lower (possibly plus player)

Barkley

Tannehill

Glennon

QB's I'd be willing to trade a lot for:

Roethlisberger

Rodgers

Rivers

Luck

edit:

All QB's in the NFL

FA Qb's

Edited by jboyst62

Are we going from FA's?

FA Dont' want.

Vick

Hasselbeck

Ponder

Sanchez

Gabbert

Hill

Campbell

Jackson

Flynn

Mallet

Taylor

Yates

Tolzien

Clausen

Webb

Orlovsky

McCoy

LcCown

Moore

Davis

Johnson

Simms

Lindley

Lewis

Fales

Keenum

Newhall-Caballero

Kinnie

Hansen

Stewart

I'd look at:

Hoyer

Locker

Moore

Everyone not below

Barkley

Tannehill

Glennon

Roethlisberger

Rodgers

Rivers

Luck

edit:

All QB's in the NFL

FA Qb's

Great post! Way to pick up all those names...

I like Orton (EJ too) over the free agents you have listed there.

Great post! Way to pick up all those names...

I like Orton (EJ too) over the free agents you have listed there.

Of the names the ones worth some conversation are Tannehill, Glennon and Barkley. Both seem to have not been fully tapped to their talent and I would be interested to see what they have in them.

Moore, Hoyer and Locker - Moore and Hoyer are right there with Orton. If we get thru camp next year and see that it's pretty clear Manuel won't make it then Moore or Hoyer would be good to bring as a backup to potential starter down the line as we continue to find a starter. Locker is on his way to becoming a serviceable journeyman like Fitz and many others before him. Getting him young and cheap now with some upside might be worthwhile.

Rodgers is obvious. Luck is young and going thru the same mistake progression that Peyton Manning did. Rivers may never be the best QB in the league but he is in the top 5 year after year. All of them are very young.

I have wanted Ben Roethlisberger on this team since 2000.

Of the names the ones worth some conversation are Tannehill, Glennon and Barkley. Both seem to have not been fully tapped to their talent and I would be interested to see what they have in them.

Moore, Hoyer and Locker - Moore and Hoyer are right there with Orton. If we get thru camp next year and see that it's pretty clear Manuel won't make it then Moore or Hoyer would be good to bring as a backup to potential starter down the line as we continue to find a starter. Locker is on his way to becoming a serviceable journeyman like Fitz and many others before him. Getting him young and cheap now with some upside might be worthwhile.

Rodgers is obvious. Luck is young and going thru the same mistake progression that Peyton Manning did. Rivers may never be the best QB in the league but he is in the top 5 year after year. All of them are very young.

I have wanted Ben Roethlisberger on this team since 2000.

I agree with all of this with the exception of Tannehill. I think the kid stinks. I've long maintained that Moore is the best QB on that team. I think Manuel and Moore are the best backups in football. I'd love to see them fight it out and one of them eventually emerge to be the man in Buffalo.

shows there isnt crap out there.....the only choice that could raise the ceiling of expectations would be Cutler

Cutler doesn't seem popular around here, and apparently he is some sort of poison in the locker room or within an organization. That doesn't bode well.

Having said that, among the QBs that are realistic additions to this team next year, he is No. 1, by a wide margin.

Guys like Bradford (regardless of what you think about him) are not going to switch teams.

I'd take Cutler in a heartbeat...until someone better comes along.

Cant stand Cutler and DO NOT want him on the Bills.

That being said, out of all the QB's in the league, i feel like Jay is the one that could be that Trent Dilfer/Mark Rypien type that in the just right situation , he could get a ring.

Are we going from FA's?

FA Dont' want.

Vick

Hasselbeck

Ponder

Sanchez

Gabbert

Hill

Campbell

Jackson

Flynn

Mallet

Taylor

Yates

Tolzien

Clausen

Webb

Orlovsky

McCoy

LcCown

Moore

Davis

Johnson

Simms

Lindley

Lewis

Fales

Keenum

Newhall-Caballero

Kinnie

Hansen

Stewart

I'd look at:

Hoyer

Locker

Moore

Everyone not below

Barkley

Tannehill

Glennon

Roethlisberger

Rodgers

Rivers

Luck

edit:

All QB's in the NFL

FA Qb's

This is a long list and I am going to work from it and lump all options together (being trade and FA)............on this list the QBs I would be OKAY with are (in no particular order)...

Ryan Mallet

Matt Moore

Nick Foles

Jake Locker

Sam Bradford

Colin Kaepernick

Mark Sanchez

and the trade options mentioned above (but I don't think they will be available)

I'd look at:

Hoyer

Locker

Moore

Everyone not below

Barkley

Tannehill

Glennon

Roethlisberger

Rodgers

Rivers

Luck

I hadn't really considered Moore. He has had some moderate success with probably worse offensive talent. Arguably not much better than Orton but I would at least consider him. I would also be interested in Locker or Bradford if they were free agents. I wouldn't want to trade anything (ok i might consider a 5th or lower).

I hear the argument that none of the free agents or trade bait QBs are going to be franchise guys but with our D we don't need a Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, or Drew Brees (though they would be nice) to compete at a high level. We need production in the Alex Smith, Joe Flacco, level or even the Jake Delhomme (when he was pretty good -ok- with the Panthers way back when). That level of production would make us a playoff team and make us capable of making a deep run if the O got hot.

Although odds are against it, i see no reason that Bradford or Locker couldn't turn their careers around a little like Alex smith to achieve his level of success. The physical talent is there.

This is a long list and I am going to work from it and lump all options together (being trade and FA)............on this list the QBs I would be OKAY with are (in no particular order)...

Ryan Mallet

Matt Moore

Nick Foles

Jake Locker

Sam Bradford

Colin Kaepernick

Mark Sanchez

and the trade options mentioned above (but I don't think they will be available)

Out of that list I'd take a stab with Foles or Bradford. That's about it :(