The first time you ate really really hot chicken wings.....

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A local bar that we used to visit after work offered many types of wings, the hottest being kamikazi, sucide and nuclear. We would get out of work at midnight, working evenings then, and start off with the lower caliber ones and work our way up to the nukes. Many beers were consumed to reach this point and we would all end up in a sweat with burning lips, melting eye balls, you name it. I still hit the joint from time to time, but my constitution doesn't process the hot stuff the way it used to.

not wings but back in the day at fredonia state, we would play taco roulette with taco junction tacos on tuesdays(i think it was tuesday). they did 50 cent tacos, we would order 12-15, with 2 or 3 of the suicide sauce on them, cut them up and we'd all take a piece and some would get the burners....it was great

not wings but back in the day at fredonia state, we would play taco roulette with taco junction tacos on tuesdays(i think it was tuesday). they did 50 cent tacos, we would order 12-15, with 2 or 3 of the suicide sauce on them, cut them up and we'd all take a piece and some would get the burners....it was great

That does sound fun.

My dad's restaurant in Attica had the best wings I ever had. This was in the mid 70's when the craze was really getting going. Across from his restaurant was the Attica Hotel. The diviest of dive bars. The owner used to order hers super, super, super hot. We had to make a sauce special just for her. I almost had to wear a gas mask when I got done shaking them and putting them in the to go container. We'd sit at the restaurant and watch her sit at the end of the bar and not bat an eye when she ate them.

So I was an idiot last night at Buffalo Wild Wings and tried their "Blazin" sauce on one wing and last night was not pretty. Felt nauseous and got the chills almost like I had the flu lol

How was your first experience eating wings that hot?

CBF

Do a Google search for a sauce that goes by the brand of 'Death'.

Eating that sauce is the only time in my life that I was defeated by something that was much too hot.

the invention of pepper extracts kind of ruined the fun of suicide wings for me, now anyone can make a thermonuclear sauce with daves, pure cap, etc. I believe most hot food competitions have banned them, which is probably good because they have sent more than a few to the hospital

Edited by coloradobillsfan

I have never understood the appeal to eat something so spicy.

I saw something about the science of it but apparently your body associates the hot sensation with a very high vitamin C content food and instinctively craves it.

i used to not get super hot food but it grew on me and now I gotta have it frequently. Wings, Vindaloo, Kung Pao, wasabi...I could eat hot twice a day for sure.

I love hot/spicy foods. I had two jalapeno plants this year with tons of peppers that I mostly ate raw. I eat Serrano chilies like carrot sticks. I like them. What I can't understand is the whole macho thing of eating hot food to the point of being terribly uncomfortable.

I love hot/spicy foods. I had two jalapeno plants this year with tons of peppers that I mostly ate raw. I eat Serrano chilies like carrot sticks. I like them. What I can't understand is the whole macho thing of eating hot food to the point of being terribly uncomfortable.

I'm right with ya Jim. Used to take bets on drinking hot sauce and not being able to eat or drink anything for periods of time after. Made a lot of money off it actually in my younger days.

But for the life of me I can't understand why someone would want to eat their good that way. Taking all the flavor away from the actual food itself. Just pointless.

I'm right with ya Jim. Used to take bets on drinking hot sauce and not being able to eat or drink anything for periods of time after. Made a lot of money off it actually in my younger days.

But for the life of me I can't understand why someone would want to eat their good that way. Taking all the flavor away from the actual food itself. Just pointless.

Agreed. I love heat with flavor. But pure heat makes no sense to me. I'm perfectly fine with jalapenos and habaneros and anything in between.

I work with a guy who won a bet regarding how much tabasco he could drink. "Blew out" his sinuses and had some form of nasal drip for a couple of years after. But hey he won a hundred dollars or so.

So I was an idiot last night at Buffalo Wild Wings and tried their "Blazin" sauce on one wing and last night was not pretty. Felt nauseous and got the chills almost like I had the flu lol

How was your first experience eating wings that hot?

CBF

In the event I find myself at a BWW, I always order the Blazin', extra crispy. Still I find them not quite hot enough and just OK t asting. Duffs Suicidal (do they still call them that?) are more to my liking. IMO, if you aren't hallucinating, the wings aren't hot enough. The hiccups are a good sign the wings are hot enough, too.

With that said, they still have to taste good. The combination of extremely hot, and tasty wings, is a pretty hard sweet spot to hit. Many people think just making the wings obnoxiously hot is enough. Nope. They have to taste great, and like Buffalo Wings, plus be extraordinarily hot. I know how to do it for myself (does that sound dirty?) but very few wing joints manage to pull it off (does that sound dirty?).

BTW, CBF, there used to be a bar near St Catherines called Mugs and Jugs (or something like that), owned by a friend of mine. We went there, and my buddy had tipped them off that I like to eat extremely hot food. When I got my wings they were coated in a hot pepper rub (no real sauce). They tasted like crap, but were very hot. Still I ate them, and much to the surprise of everyone there, I didn't immediately hit my beer. In fact I ate three or four of the wings before taking a sip. Understand the wings were terrible, but I know they were trying to pull a stunt on me. Anyway, when I returned a month or two later, there was a plaque on the wall, with my name, and something to the effect of "The hottest wings ever eaten" engraved. Truth is, if I didn't know it was a setup I would have sent them back. Not for being too hot, but for sucking.

Agreed. I love heat with flavor. But pure heat makes no sense to me. I'm perfectly fine with jalapenos and habaneros and anything in between.

Ditto. I've done 6 blazin from b dubs and it's just pure heat no flavor. Whenever I do end up there (not often and only if it's best option when I'm traveling for work and want some cold ones) I usually get their mango habanero. I like heat to the point of a little forehead sweat/ eye water/ runny nose, but not to the point of convulsions or not being able to taste anything for a week.

I am a huge habanero fan--great flavor. I won't eat spicy for just the sake of it-- has to have some excellent flavor too.

Habanero peppers have great flavor, as to datil peppers and Thai chilis.

I work with a guy who won a bet regarding how much tabasco he could drink. "Blew out" his sinuses and had some form of nasal drip for a couple of years after. But hey he won a hundred dollars or so.

I have a friend who licked a dog turd for an Andre Ware rookie card. I'm not sure if the dog ate something spicy before it took a dump.