The first time you ate really really hot chicken wings.....

If I'm in an area with no real wing joint, then Wild Wings makes an "acceptable" wing for me--only if I get the Blazin. But once I return to Buffalo, or go to a really good wing joint (or make them myself), I realize how mediocre they really are.

On a few occasions I've considered buying this:

http://www.amazon.co...9124524&sr=1-12

I haven't pulled the trigger, for the obvious reasons, but I wonder how good of a job it does, and if it stinks up the place. Since I'm typically only cooking for one, or two, the capacity is probably OK. But I question if using this little bit of oil really does the wings justice.

I think there was another similar "fryer" a a better price, but I couldn't find it quickly. Same concerns as the one above, though.

I have good success frying my wings with a hot air fryer. Takes a longer time but the taste is good and takes longer to get crispy. My wife likes to bake the wings afterwards to dry the sauce up a bit after frying, but I like them wet. I think you will like the end product.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have good success frying my wings with a hot air fryer. Takes a longer time but the taste is good and takes longer to get crispy. My wife likes to bake the wings afterwards to dry the sauce up a bit after frying, but I like them wet. I think you will like the end product.

Which one do you have?

Heh. I remember some years back, there would always be some dumbass who put their STLL HOT grill under the rear of their car before going into the stadium. I've witnessed several fires over the years @ the Ralph. I've cooked lots of turkeys in the deep fryer. ALWAYS completely thawed,and at a considerable distance from the house/vehicles

100% Peanut oil is the way to go for a deep fried bird.

Mmmmmmmmmm!

I've deep fried wings at every home game for the last two years. 'Tater tots too!

I'm not crazy about transporting propane across NYS though.....

I will do you one better as far as idiot bills fan & deep frying stories go. It was the Cleveland Monday night game & my friends & I decided to change it up a bit a bring the deep fryer to deep fry a turkey. My friend had one of those big turkey fryers he won at some benefit & it was never used. Now keep in mind none of us had experience deep frying a turkey before. So I got my father in laws pick up truck & off we went. We deep fried the turket at the game & it turned out pretty good. All night though I was thinking to myself I want to dump this greese before we go home. Well we were thinking about dumping it in the dumpster in lot 5 but someone stopped so. So we go to the game, of course the Bills lose in agonizing fashion as only the bills know how to do. We drive home & I had quite a bit to drink. So we get home, the deep fryer is securely in the back of the pick up & I am thinking to myself just leave the deep fryer alone until the morning. But noooo, I tried to lift the deep fryer out & spill it all over me & the driveway. My friends were all cracking up so I told them if there not going to help me clean up get the hell out of here which they did. My wife comes out & starts yelling at me & I told her in so many words to get back in the house & mind her own business. Needless to say she locked me out of the house & I had to sleep in my car that night. It was baout 20 degrees out. Greese all over the driveway & I was scrubbing the driveway for the next month. It all came off though. Used some Dawn with it. Needless to say never again will I bring a deepfryer to a Bills Tailgate.

I will do you one better as far as idiot bills fan & deep frying stories go. It was the Cleveland Monday night game & my friends & I decided to change it up a bit a bring the deep fryer to deep fry a turkey. My friend had one of those big turkey fryers he won at some benefit & it was never used. Now keep in mind none of us had experience deep frying a turkey before. So I got my father in laws pick up truck & off we went. We deep fried the turket at the game & it turned out pretty good. All night though I was thinking to myself I want to dump this greese before we go home. Well we were thinking about dumping it in the dumpster in lot 5 but someone stopped so. So we go to the game, of course the Bills lose in agonizing fashion as only the bills know how to do. We drive home & I had quite a bit to drink. So we get home, the deep fryer is securely in the back of the pick up & I am thinking to myself just leave the deep fryer alone until the morning. But noooo, I tried to lift the deep fryer out & spill it all over me & the driveway. My friends were all cracking up so I told them if there not going to help me clean up get the hell out of here which they did. My wife comes out & starts yelling at me & I told her in so many words to get back in the house & mind her own business. Needless to say she locked me out of the house & I had to sleep in my car that night. It was baout 20 degrees out. Greese all over the driveway & I was scrubbing the driveway for the next month. It all came off though. Used some Dawn with it. Needless to say never again will I bring a deepfryer to a Bills Tailgate.

You don't have a key to your own house?

o.O

You don't have a key to your own house?

o.O

Funny you asked that because for years & don't ask me why but my wife had a key , my parents had a key, my inlaws had a key, my brother in law had a key to my house but I never had one. We usually don't lock our house & when the odd occasion I would come home & the house was locked I would just call my brother in law who lived about a mile away to let me in. I do have a key now but believe it or not I just started carrying one on my key chain about 2 years ago. I have owned this house for nearly 9 years.

Edited by Gordio

Funny you asked that because for years & don't ask me why but my wife had a key , my parents had a key, my inlaws had a key, my brother in law had a key to my house but I never had one. We usually don't lock our house & when the odd occasion I would come home & the house was locked I would just call my brother in law who lived about a mile away to let me in. I do have a key now but believe it or not I just started carrying one on my key chain about 2 years ago. I have owned this house for nearly 9 years.

Sorry man, but that's just bizarre. :lol:

I even have a key to my ex-wife's house

Sorry man, but that's just bizarre. :lol:

I even have a key to my ex-wife's house

Yeah it is kind of weird. The funny thing is the key I have now doesn't even really work that great. I got to jiggle the lock a bit to get it to open.