What does the Front Office do now? OC-QB-Oline questions

San-O

The Front Office went in big with offense this past season, given the personnel decisions:

o Top 2 picks this year on offense, with Sammy Watkins obviously the big news, and giving up pick in 2015 to get him.

o Brought in Orton, which is looking more and more like not the answer, again a backup i sis backup. Highest paid backup in the NFL.

O coordinator is a major concern, and should be let go IMO, if the head coach does stay.

The O line is again a concern even after drafting rather heavily thi spast year.

Where do they go? Is next year another throw-away season? Do you really go into another season with

E.J. and Orton as your QB choices?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're not going to get another QB next year as there won't be one in free agency, and we don't have a first round pick. Yes, I'm captain obvious here. I think the only thing they can do is bolster up the o-line, Tight End, and retain your defensive players. Kiko comes back, and if we had a different coordinator, Spiller could be used much better.

We're going to probably have to also pick up another RB as these two acquisitions did not do much for running production. We did improve in special teams.

Well, if I were in charge Joe Philbin would be my OC once Miami fires him, keep Marone and Schwartz, wait till the Rams release or look to move Sam Bradford, I think he would do very well in a Green Bay style offense. Sign the top guard and draft the best center in the draft, moved wood to RG.

We're not going to get another QB next year as there won't be one in free agency, and we don't have a first round pick. Yes, I'm captain obvious here. I think the only thing they can do is bolster up the o-line, Tight End, and retain your defensive players. Kiko comes back, and if we had a different coordinator, Spiller could be used much better.

We're going to probably have to also pick up another RB as these two acquisitions did not do much for running production. We did improve in special teams.

I agree with your assessment. I think the Bills were possibly kept out of the playoff race again by the O.C. this year. IMHO.

Well, if I were in charge Joe Philbin would be my OC once Miami fires him, keep Marone and Schwartz, wait till the Rams release or look to move Sam Bradford, I think he would do very well in a Green Bay style offense. Sign the top guard and draft the best center in the draft, moved wood to RG.

Sounds like a plan going forward. Is Joe Philbin known as an O.C. , I really don't know anything about him.

Will Marrone release Hackett?

First thing the Pegula's should do is fire the offensive part of the scouting staff, or whomever oversees that part of the scouting dept. If the Bills hadn't been able to trade up for Sammy the first two picks would have been Eric Ebron, Cyrus Kouandjio :sick: Some people, somewhere are giving Whaley some really bad advice.

First thing the Pegula's should do is fire the offensive part of the scouting staff, or whomever oversees that part of the scouting dept. If the Bills hadn't been able to trade up for Sammy the first two picks would have been Eric Ebron, Cyrus Kouandjio :sick: Some people, somewhere are giving Whaley some really bad advice.

+ 1

Don't forget the guard signing this year. Bad move again.

I'm not a Nate Hackett fan nor do I think he's in over his head........how do you judge his job performance in 2 years playing 4 different quarterbacks 3 of them who have never started a game before, an offensive line that is beyond brutal- no offense is designed to execute with the thought process of "at the snap of the ball we won't block a soul" .....my bigger complaint is thinking Pears, and Urbik or Richardson would be fine even Williams who was brought in can't stay healthy. Last comment on Kouandjio the kid JUST turned 21 years old- I think he's going to be a very good offensive lineman, those who think every guy is a plug and play are kidding themselves. Fisher in KC has been less than good and they feel like the need to flip him to the other side and he was a top pick, Joeckel another very high pick can't get on the field. Look around guys

Edited by CardinalScotts

Sounds like a plan going forward. Is Joe Philbin known as an O.C. , I really don't know anything about him.

Has extensive experience as an OL coach. Offensive Coordinator under Mike McCarthy for about 4-5 years before becoming HC at Miami. Widely regarded as a very brilliant offensive mind.

His offense was always ranked in the top 10 at GB. Doesn't hurt to have Aaron Rodgers though. I'd tak him as our OC.

I'm not a Nate Hackett fan nor do I think he's in over his head........how do you judge his job performance in 2 years playing 4 different quarterbacks 3 of them who have never started a game before, an offensive line that is beyond brutal- no offense is designed to execute with the thought process of "at the snap of the ball we won't block a soul" .....my bigger complaint is thinking Pears, and Urbik or Richardson would be fine even Williams who was brought in can't stay healthy. Last comment on Kouandjio the kid JUST turned 21 years old- I think he's going to be a very good offensive lineman, those who think every guy is a plug and play are kidding themselves. Fisher in KC has been less than good and they feel like the need to flip him to the other side and he was a top pick, Joeckel another very high pick can't get on the field. Look around guys

Has extensive experience as an OL coach. Offensive Coordinator under Mike McCarthy for about 4-5 years before becoming HC at Miami. Widely regarded as a very brilliant offensive mind.

His offense was always ranked in the top 10 at GB. Doesn't hurt to have Aaron Rodgers though. I'd tak him as our OC.

Interesting. What accomplished O.C. is going to come to Buffalo with E.J. or Kyle Orton to work with?

Not so. Whaley on record said that they thought very highly on ODB. What make you think they woulda taken Ebron? The mock drafts?

Does every QB have to be a 1st round pick?

Coaches would look a lot better with a good QB.....this is our biggest problem. We don't know how good or bad they are without a QB

ONLY talking about free agency or player trades.....hes brought in Dan Carpenter, Anthony Dixon, Jarius Wynn, Brandon Spikes, Corey Graham, Chris Hogan, Colton Schmidt, Keith Rivers, found Stephan Charles, Marquis Gray, and Kyle Orton as a back up also traded for Jerry Hughes.

Mike Williams who was brought in for next to nothing blew up, Chris Williams was ill advised signing.

That's a pretty good success rate - as far as the quarterback maybe they missed with EJ but in the last 6 years at qb the draft has produced :

best of 2009 - Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman, Pat White

2010- Bradford, Clauson

2011- Andy Dalton, Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Kaepernick? (if anyone still think he's got a future)

2012-Luck, Russell Wilson, Tannehill, RG III? (if anyone thinks he's got a future)

so go to 2009 and going forward you could pick any of these guys who made the NFL and take any one of them after Luck maybe you take Russ Wilson but he doesn't come with the smoothering defense and kick ass run game.....Dalton but AJ Green doesnt come with much like Stafford and Calvin Johnson. ........bottom line there are two qb's worth a darn in 6 fricken years....we didnt miss on guys they arent there

It does not inspire confidence, does it? Looks like it will be necessary, again, to go on the FA market for a guard.

At least one draft pick has to be spent on a QB, even if it's a mid-late round pick.

The o-line needs an overhaul, and I hope that the front office does not try to convince us that CK and Richardson will improve the o-line next year. We need to sign at least one guard in free agency (a quality starter, not a Williams type) and possibly a right tackle as well.

+1 I really believe our offensive woes are because of skippy.

Edited by Fan in San Diego

I believe you will see both Marrone and Hackett next year. QB is our #1 issue. Changing the whole thing is not what Bills need. Hackett said in his interview that he never wans to go 4-5 yrds. He always wants to throw deep. I believe him. I want the team to get someone that fits that Bill!