Conflict Between Bills' Front Office and Marrone?

26CornerBlitz

I'd just like to see what he's learned without having to wait the entire offseason. Because without seeing what EJ can do on the field, DW is almost forced at gunpoint to go out and spend all he can on the best FA QB available. Which benches EJ next year as well. I'm not thrilled with that idea, given he's a first round pick. I understand why you're cool with it, but if EJ sits yet another season, we wasted the pick on him.

Switching back to EJ at this point in the season--while we're not yet mathematically eliminated from the playoffs--would be stupid. Period.

It's an admission that the season's over, that in spite of hanging in the playoff race, there's really nothing to play for and this is now just turned into a three game audition.

You're starting to sound like C.Biscuit. There are 21 other starters, and they're not here to throw paint at the wall and hope it all works out okay for EJ.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Switching back to EJ at this point in the season--while we're not yet mathematically eliminated from the playoffs--would be stupid. Period.

It's an admission that the season's over, that in spite of hanging in the playoff race, there's really nothing to play for and this is now just turned into a three game audition.

You're starting to sound like C.Biscuit. There are 21 other starters, and they're not here to throw paint at the wall and hope it all works out okay for EJ.

You're right. There's no way EJ could play as well as Orton. Well except against Miami, their only common opponent, where we won and the offense scored 22 points.

You're not the Big Cat. You're the Mediorce Cat. :). Marrone/ Hackett would be great coaches if they had Peyton or Rodgers. So would I.

You're right. There's no way EJ could play as well as Orton. Well except against Miami, their only common opponent, where we won and the offense scored 22 points.

You're not the Big Cat. You're the Mediorce Cat. :). Marrone/ Hackett would be great coaches if they had Peyton or Rodgers. So would I.

One of these days you'll actually address what other posters say and you'll stop with these stupid, childish strawman attacks.

The team wasn't asking him to win games by himself. With the defense they have, was it too much to ask of him to make good decisions and accurate throws when opportunities have been there within the design of the offense?

Again more misinformation since when is 38 pass attempts per game not asking a qb to do much ? Thats how many pass attempts Orton has averaged through 9 games but all we needed from him was to manage the game and make a few timely passes ? The design of theoffense cause for nearly 40 attempts per game ?

As I said before some of you are in flat out denial . We even have people talking about 2 occasions where Orton missed an opportunity deep out nearly 60 attempts .

Biscuit, I've said there is little upside to EJ starting ANY of the remaining games. Starting him in a game that has playoff repercussions, no matter how slim, is ALL downside for him, imo. Can you imagine if he screwed the pooch in a game like that at this stage? Orton would be forgotten and EJ would take the blame for not giving us a chance and fans would storm the building with pitchforks and shovels in hand. Orton made his bed. Let him lie in it.

GO BILLS!!!

Fwiw, Doug had virtually zero input on the hire of Marrone and his cronies and as a result currently has no emotional attachment to them whatsoever.

An enormous ego kept in check, is a huge asset. An enormous ego out of control is a huge liability.

I would also add that a coach with an enormous ego unaccompanied by an enormous brain will never field a team that plays to its talent level.

One of these days you'll actually address what other posters say and you'll stop with these stupid, childish strawman attacks.

Please. You're the one who has to swear in posts to defend a guy who was an average coach.

And the term straw man has jumped the shark. All your arguments blame the qb. What about the qb they drafted in the 1st round? Chip Kelly has had 3 Qbs. Arians has had 3 qbs.

Good coaches make it work. Marrone's best skill has been hiring a DC for a loaded defense.

Fwiw, Doug had virtually zero input on the hire of Marrone and his cronies and as a result currently has no emotional attachment to them whatsoever.

I would also add that a coach with an enormous ego unaccompanied by an enormous brain will never field a team that plays to its talent level.

Thanks for this post. This makes me have more hope for next year.

Please let Whaley run the show this offseason.

Interesting. Who made the decision to hire him?

So who do you like as a FA QB?

Please. You're the one who has to swear in posts to defend a guy who was an average coach.

the part i sometimes dont get is that he ranks him as a little below average when pressed. hes just arguing the gap between not good and horrible.

Edited by NoSaint

Because of what?

Facts. Rumors. Local and national reporting. Personal conversations and observations. Substantial reading, listening and writing on the subject from a wide array of sources across two years. Careful, unbridled consideration to the opposing viewpoints. Open debate. Professional skills. Serious thought and time. No dog in the hunt. Third grade math. And a few well placed little birdies.

So who do you like as a FA QB?

Dude, I have NO IDEA what to expect this offseason...at any level.

And the Barnwell piece posted in the other thread points to what a lot of folks in the national media have been forecasting these past couple weeks: an unprecedented, leaguewide QB shuffling.

If that comes to fruition, even to a small degree, it will have an impact on the Bills, even if we don't directly participate.

So I don't know. But I'm certain we'll head into TC with a straight up QB competition on our hands.

Facts. Rumors. Local and national reporting. Personal conversations and observations. Substantial reading, listening and writing on the subject from a wide array of sources across two years. Careful, unbridled consideration to the opposing viewpoints. Open debate. Professional skills. Serious thought and time. No dog in the hunt. Third grade math. And a few well placed little birdies.

Can you be more specific? (I ask that in all seriousness!)

That was the Russ and Buddy Show

Thanks.

Ha.

Seriously though, I don't see the "ego" in this snippet. I'm surprised that this is the straw that broke the camel's back.

the part i sometimes dont get is that he ranks him as a little below average when pressed. hes just arguing the gap between not good and horrible.

But the offense is neither good nor horrible.

I rank Orton precisely in line with how our offense has performed thus far this year, just below average:

PPG: 20th

YPG: 22th

YPP: 27th

Simon, my good man, I beg to differ on this point. Whaley was part and parcel to the hiring process. He and Brandon interviewed Marrone extensively in Arizona, along with several other candidates.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm the last guy to criticize coaches but Marrone just rubs me the right way.

I thought he was an out of the box thinker. He is the same conservative as every other veteran NFL coach.

Can someone give me an example of a creative offensive gameplan?