Conflict Between Bills' Front Office and Marrone?

26CornerBlitz

Well that's like, your opinion man.

Obviously you could argue either way. But if I'm Pegula, I think long and hard about firing the first coach in ten years to get past 7-9. Unless you got some stud coach waiting in the wings that wants the job.

Like I said - not an obvious choice but....

An already good and now improved defense, top tier talent added to the WR group (and while dinged up, our top 2 guys haven't missed games this year), healthy qbs all season, and the second year in the system --- Id expect to see an extra win or two but hope to see more. If we finish at 7 wins its a step backwards almost

Heck even 8 would feel like a bit of a let down when you consider that we had 3 starting qbs last year that have lost there jobs as 1st, 2nd and 3rd string qbs since August. We have stayed very healthy for an nfl team too.

8-8 but with drama behind the scenes would be an interesting decision on the table. If he hits 9-7 then I think he's safe unless things are worse than rumored behind the scenes

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you've watched this team for several years i presume. do you believe ralph wilson's highest priority with this team was winning as many games and super bowls as possible? if you believe that then you also must believe that he was a miserable failure. i'm betting you're smart enough not to believe either.

Pardon me if I don't participate in a digression into Mr. Wilson's ownership style. I'll only say that he was one of the most generous, self-effacing people I've ever met.

That said, you can look for the Pegulas to loosen some strings.

GO BILLS!!!

Pardon me if I don't participate in a digression into Mr. Wilson's ownership style. I'll only say that he was one of the most generous, self-effacing people I've ever met.

That said, you can look for the Pegulas to loosen some strings.

GO BILLS!!!

you're pardoned. you're hardly the only person posting here with an aversion to speaking plainly on the subject.

you're pardoned. you're hardly the only person posting here with an aversion to speaking plainly on the subject.

Oh, I've spoken plainly on the subject numerous times over the history of this forum. Most of the perceptions about Mr. Wilson's "ownership style" were ill-informed. I'll leave it at that.

GO BILLS!!!

Oh, I've spoken plainly on the subject numerous times over the history of this forum. Most of the perceptions about Mr. Wilson's "ownership style" were ill-informed. I'll leave it at that.

GO BILLS!!!

why? what explains his failure in producing a winning organization. for example, do you believe archie manning would have hoped either of his sons played on a wilson owned team?

why? what explains his failure in producing a winning organization. for example, do you believe archie manning would have hoped either of his sons played on a wilson owned team?

You need to run this up another flagpole. I'm not taking the bait this time. The Pegula era has begun, I'll leave it at that.

GO BILLS!!!

Which Doug is Ralph backing?

Mr. Wilson doesn't have a Doug in this fight.

GO BILLS!!!

You need to run this up another flagpole. I'm not taking the bait this time. The Pegula era has begun, I'll leave it at that.

GO BILLS!!!

Mr. Wilson doesn't have a Doug in this fight.

GO BILLS!!!

now that's some plain speech. flagpole and all...

Like I said - not an obvious choice but....

An already good and now improved defense, top tier talent added to the WR group (and while dinged up, our top 2 guys haven't missed games this year), healthy qbs all season, and the second year in the system --- Id expect to see an extra win or two but hope to see more. If we finish at 7 wins its a step backwards almost

Heck even 8 would feel like a bit of a let down when you consider that we had 3 starting qbs last year that have lost there jobs as 1st, 2nd and 3rd string qbs since August. We have stayed very healthy for an nfl team too.

8-8 but with drama behind the scenes would be an interesting decision on the table. If he hits 9-7 then I think he's safe unless things are worse than rumored behind the scenes

Couldn't have summed it up better and I was just sitting here thinking along the same lines. We've actually had good luck in the injury department the last two years, and this roster is the best we've had in easily a decade. A 2 win improvement is meh for me. If we get to 10-6 I'll be happy but anything less and I'm ok with St. Doug going bye bye. I hope Whaley stays no matter what.

If Whaley survives the off-season and stays as GM I think he fires Marrone.

Earlier I speculated Marrone fires Hackett to save his job and goes with a veteran OC, but now I'm thinking Whaley does survive as he can point to a number of good picks, and goes with a new coaching staff. It's too bad as I like what Schwartz has done with the defense. We're better than with Pettine, as we have the same pressure with marked improvement against the run.

It's possible the do what Gruden did in Tampa by keeping the existing defensive staff (Kiffin, Lovie, Tomlin) and get rid of the offensive staff from Dungy. As to how attractive the Bills job is for the top coaches in names, we still don't have a QB. Even the Raiders will be somewhat attractive to people like Harbaugh as Carr is showing he will be a good QB down the road. We have most parts, but the most important one and no first round pick next year. There is almost never a veteran who can be plucked from free agency.

produce a winner and brandon ain't needed. the seats and merch will sell themselves.

Brandon is one of the best in his business. From a business standpoint he has kept a long-term dismal franchise vibrant. He had a marketing plan of regionalizing (standard in the NFL) and executed it exceptionally well. East towards Rocherster he increased the market, the southern tier he increased the market and without a doubt the Canadian market has expanded.

Although the organization received a lot of criticism with its venture into Toronto the owner prospered from that deal. He pocketed $78 M up front and he used the Toronto connection to increase the winning Pegula bid by approximately $400 M. If you were a boss wouldn't you be ecstatic with the sterling work of that particular employee?

I have been a long time critic of the former owner and the way he operated the franchise. In my view one of the best things he did in his waninng years is to give Brandon the authority to manage the franchise. It was Brandon more than anyone else who guided this franchise into the modern era. He could only do so much with the owner's entrenched staff (most notably Littman) but he steadily moved this franchise into an upward trajectory.

It has been said by others and I will repeat the point that Brandon is involved with the business side of the franchise and not the football operation. Whaley and his staff are making the football decisions with little interference other than being informed of what is going on. Their success or failure will be due to their own judgments.

If Pegula is as smart as I think he is he will retain Brandon and give him a boost in pay to make sure that he is associated with his franchise for a very long time.