2015 Draft Wish List

Jmsbills

I wish we had a first round pick. Nor having that I'd be as flexible as possible for a true first round talent who squeaks down to us, or go for an offensive lineman. We need a good guard or two and there will definitely be a few very good ones available in the second round. After that you gotta go for the best talents available.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That could very well be...I'm just speculating as you know.

Assuming the cap is $140M (it may, in fact, be higher), Buffalo would have about $18M if they do nothing. Here's the breakdown:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/yearly/

Now, they can clear a lot of space with the following moves:

- Cutting Orton saves $3.9M

- Extend Dareus and back-load the contract (figure that will save about $4M)

- Already cut Mike Williams (saves $6.8M)

- Spiller will almost certainly opt out of his contract (saves $2.2M)

- Cutting Chandler saves $1.35M

The above bring the amount of cap space up to about $36M. They can gain even more if they restructure Mario Williams, but I think it makes more sense to wait another year and then sign him to an extension to clear cap room.

The next smart move would be to re-sign Jerry Hughes and front-load his contract, to give him more immediate cash and lessen the financial impact down the road (basically give him a steady base salary and big up-front roster bonuses with small signing bonus).

I like most of it. I think Chandler is worth keeping at that price. I would like him to be our 2 nd TE though.

^ This

The offseason plan:

Re-Sign

Hughes (big money...probably 5 years/$50M with $25M guaranteed)

Searcy (Bernard Pollard type money--$3M/year)

Wynn (peanuts)

Hairston (peanuts)

UFAs

QB - Sam Bradford (guessing $9M/year for 3 years with incentives layered in gets it done)

G - Boling (Geoff Schwartz money--4 years/$16.8M w/ $6M guaranteed)

DE - O'Brien Schofield/Pernell McPhee (Willie Young money--$3M/year)

S - Kendrick Lewis (peanuts)

Draft

TE in the 2nd

QB in the 3rd

OL and DL the rest of the way

CANT DISAGREE with a word ...TE is a likelyhood particulary if you look at which schools the bills have visited ..all that being said. the upcoming draft is talent heavy at lb and de.. --strange things happen at the draft.....

I'll tell you what we don't need is a TE (sarcasm font). The Bills TEs are atrocious and in the same league as the guards. I would try to sign Hughes, Spiller and a QB that hits the market. I would also target someone like Clint Boling in FA. I would then draft the best OG and TE in rounds 2-3 (in no particular order).

I'm always amazed on here that people are outraged by the guard play but accepting of the TE play. Both positions stink.

Florida State's O'Leary is a very attractive TE prospect. Gets out there and catches the ball with his terrific hands. He seems like the type of player who could play right away. He's the grandson of legendary golfer Jack Nicklaus. There is a good chance that he would be available when our turn comes up in the second round.

http://www.seminoles.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209573027&DB_OEM_ID=32900

Indeed...his cap number balloons to over $17M at the start of the new league year. He wants an extension, not a renegotiated contract, which I believe the Rams are pushing for...very likely he hits the UFA market.

I think it's very likely Bradford hits the market. The Rams seem to be done with him.

He'd look good in a Bills uniform. If (big if) he can stay healthy, he can be a good quarterback.

I think it's very likely Bradford hits the market. The Rams seem to be done with him.

He'd look good in a Bills uniform. If (big if) he can stay healthy, he can be a good quarterback.

Agreed.

Here's a nice all-22 breakdown on the reason I like his ability as a passer:

http://www.thebackyardbanter.com/the-eye-in-the-sky-the-st-louis-rams-should-commit-to-sam-bradford-for-2014.html

I'll tell you what we don't need is a TE (sarcasm font). The Bills TEs are atrocious and in the same league as the guards. I would try to sign Hughes, Spiller and a QB that hits the market. I would also target someone like Clint Boling in FA. I would then draft the best OG and TE in rounds 2-3 (in no particular order).

I'm always amazed on here that people are outraged by the guard play but accepting of the TE play. Both positions stink.

I agree. I'd like to see M. Gray play Chandler's spot for the rest of season though.

I know I might be in the minority here, but if I'm Doug Whaley I'd mortgage the farm again and get Jameis Winston! He's gonna be the next great QB coming out of college. I mean to go undefeated with the team he has this year says a lot. Yes, he's allegedly portrayed as a knucklehead off the field, but between those numbers he's the playmaking QB the Bills lack. If I had to give my 2016 1st rder up then so be it. His stock is gonna rise again when he beats Oregon. The Raiders can be a player for us as they have their franchise QB in Derek Carr. We have to get in before the Jets though.

Why go down the Kevin Kolb road again?

Dear Draft Santa,

@NFL_CFB: #Michigan's Devin Funchess turning pro. He drew an interesting NFL comp in Oct.

--> http://t.co/MBONnhyFem http://t.co/TS70uecmdg

I'm OK with Nick O'Leary later in the draft

Florida State's O'Leary is a very attractive TE prospect. Gets out there and catches the ball with his terrific hands. He seems like the type of player who could play right away. He's the grandson of legendary golfer Jack Nicklaus. There is a good chance that he would be available when our turn comes up in the second round.

http://www.seminoles.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209573027&DB_OEM_ID=32900

This

I agree. I'd like to see M. Gray play Chandler's spot for the rest of season though.

I know I might be in the minority here, but if I'm Doug Whaley I'd mortgage the farm again and get Jameis Winston! He's gonna be the next great QB coming out of college. I mean to go undefeated with the team he has this year says a lot. Yes, he's allegedly portrayed as a knucklehead off the field, but between those numbers he's the playmaking QB the Bills lack. If I had to give my 2016 1st rder up then so be it. His stock is gonna rise again when he beats Oregon. The Raiders can be a player for us as they have their franchise QB in Derek Carr. We have to get in before the Jets though.

Why go down the Kevin Kolb road again?

if FSU beats Oregon, it will be because they struggle against physical, power running teams and FSU has established that over the last few weeks. I think Winston's stock is already high and will only be helped by combine interviews and the PR full court press that went on with manziel last year. I am concerned about his alarming number of INTs, however. He throws some horrible passes. Edited by YoloinOhio

if FSU beats Oregon, it will be because they struggle against physical, power running teams and FSU has established that over the last few weeks. I think Winston's stock is already high and will only be helped by combine interviews and the PR full court press that went on with manziel last year. I am concerned about his alarming number of INTs, however. He throws some horrible passes.

His receivers drop a lot of passes!! Many of his INTs were from passes off receivers hands. One thing I can say about Winston is that he throws the long ball. He stares down the barrel to make a play. Something we lack in our QBs.

His receivers drop a lot of passes!! Many of his INTs were from passes off receivers hands. One thing I can say about Winston is that he throws the long ball. He stares down the barrel to make a play. Something we lack in our QBs.

That could be.

But again, he also throws some horrible passes.

Edited by YoloinOhio

my thoughts exactly.

As of now we have 7 picks and no pick in the 1st Round. So QB is out of the questions unless we get lucky. But GUARDS are our most pressing need. They are usually not 1st Round picks anyways - so lets go with GUARD, GUARD , GUARD and maybe GUARD again. Then DB's - because you never have enough BD's.

I would look at the OL and nothing else for the first three or picks - college tackles who can play guard, maybe not as quick enough to play tackle in the NFL but big and strong enough to play Guard. Maybe even a Center who could play Guard or a Center who could step in and start and move E. Wood to guard.

We all agree that our Defense is good enough to win Championships - and without a "Franchise QB" within our realistic reach - the only possible solution to improve is to upgrade the OL.

I look at Cameron Erving at FSU ( a projected possible 1st Round Tackle ) moved to center after 4 games and maybe playing his best football. There are guys out there who fit our needs - it's time for the scouting department and Doug W. to get it done.

You won't win a championship with our cornerbacks. Gilmore seems to think that all you need to do is knock someone down, the flags notwithstanding, and McKelvin is not as clueless as he once was but is pretty close.

You won't win a championship with our cornerbacks. Gilmore seems to think that all you need to do is knock someone down, the flags notwithstanding, and McKelvin is not as clueless as he once was but is pretty close.

Buffalo Bills are rated #5 pass defense in NFL yet too many harsh out on our CBs. They are vastly underrated and underappreciated