2015 Draft Wish List

Jmsbills

As of now we have 7 picks and no pick in the 1st Round. So QB is out of the questions unless we get lucky. But GUARDS are our most pressing need. They are usually not 1st Round picks anyways - so lets go with GUARD, GUARD , GUARD and maybe GUARD again. Then DB's - because you never have enough BD's.

I would look at the OL and nothing else for the first three or picks - college tackles who can play guard, maybe not as quick enough to play tackle in the NFL but big and strong enough to play Guard. Maybe even a Center who could play Guard or a Center who could step in and start and move E. Wood to guard.

We all agree that our Defense is good enough to win Championships - and without a "Franchise QB" within our realistic reach - the only possible solution to improve is to upgrade the OL.

I look at Cameron Erving at FSU ( a projected possible 1st Round Tackle ) moved to center after 4 games and maybe playing his best football. There are guys out there who fit our needs - it's time for the scouting department and Doug W. to get it done.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why is QB out of the question with no first round pick? How many QBs have we seen drafted after the first round in recent years turn into better players then the ones drafted in the first round?

DE will also be a need with the expected loss of Hughes

I'll tell you what we don't need is a TE (sarcasm font). The Bills TEs are atrocious and in the same league as the guards. I would try to sign Hughes, Spiller and a QB that hits the market. I would also target someone like Clint Boling in FA. I would then draft the best OG and TE in rounds 2-3 (in no particular order).

I'm always amazed on here that people are outraged by the guard play but accepting of the TE play. Both positions stink.

Running back is needed, Fred Jackson is old, Spiller is expensive and Booby and Brice are back ups. Also need to draft at least two guard prospects. Stay away from QB's in the draft. If you feel the urge to get a QB, get a free agent. Keep EJ Manuel still hope there.

Is Spiller expensive? I will almost guarantee that he will make less next year than he did this year. The Bills desperately need his playmaking ability. If they are going to play close defensive games his ability to take it the distance is crucial IMO. If he made 1 big play the other day that game made end differently. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Some notable free agent TE's next year...

I would be dissapointed if we dont land one of the following players

Jermaine Gresham

Jacob Tamme

Owen Daniels

Robert Housler

Jordan Cameron

Charles Clay

Julius Thomas

Niles Paul

Larry Donnell

Chase Coffman

Zach Miller

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

I'll tell you what we don't need is a TE (sarcasm font). The Bills TEs are atrocious and in the same league as the guards. I would try to sign Hughes, Spiller and a QB that hits the market. I would also target someone like Clint Boling in FA. I would then draft the best OG and TE in rounds 2-3 (in no particular order).

I'm always amazed on here that people are outraged by the guard play but accepting of the TE play. Both positions stink.

^ This

The offseason plan:

Re-Sign

Hughes (big money...probably 5 years/$50M with $25M guaranteed)

Searcy (Bernard Pollard type money--$3M/year)

Wynn (peanuts)

Hairston (peanuts)

UFAs

QB - Sam Bradford (guessing $9M/year for 3 years with incentives layered in gets it done)

G - Boling (Geoff Schwartz money--4 years/$16.8M w/ $6M guaranteed)

DE - O'Brien Schofield/Pernell McPhee (Willie Young money--$3M/year)

S - Kendrick Lewis (peanuts)

Draft

TE in the 2nd

QB in the 3rd

OL and DL the rest of the way

Edited by thebandit27

^ This

The offseason plan:

Re-Sign

Hughes (big money...probably 5 years/$50M with $25M guaranteed)

Searcy (Bernard Pollard type money--$3M/year)

Wynn (peanuts)

Hairston (peanuts)

UFAs

QB - Sam Bradford (guessing $9M/year for 3 years with incentives layered in gets it done)

G - Boling (Geoff Schwartz money--4 years/$16.8M w/ $6M guaranteed)

DE - O'Brien Schofield/Pernell McPhee (Willie Young money--$3M/year)

S - Kendrick Lewis (peanutes)

Draft

TE in the 2nd

QB in the 3rd

OL and DL the rest of the way

I hope the Bills have interest in Bradford, but I'm pretty sure he's not a pending UFA. The Bills would have to work a deal with the Rams.

I hope the Bills have interest in Bradford, but I'm pretty sure he's not a pending UFA. The Bills would have to work a deal with the Rams.

The Rams are almost certain to cut him free because of his cap number.

Indeed...his cap number balloons to over $17M at the start of the new league year. He wants an extension, not a renegotiated contract, which I believe the Rams are pushing for...very likely he hits the UFA market.