Doug Marrone: Jerry Hughes Wasn't Disciplined by Me

Maroon unaware. C'mon man, that does not pass the smell test. Orton and Maroon, two pu$$ies in a pod.

No joke.

I am so sick of watching his late blocks and the crap he does after a play. I get that Pears is frustrated he stinks and can't block but he needs to use his words not hands to display his feelings!

The whistle blew after Pears delivered the hit. You play to the whistle. BS call by the refs.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does a coach not know one of the starters is not playing?!? I just don't get it. A good coach just knows who is on the field and who isn't at all times. He doesn't count the players every play. He just knows.

If I was the owner (and yes I know I'm not :-), this would kind of be the last straw and he would be gone after the season. This shows that he is not able to manage a game to the level that is required to win. Cut ties with him now and move on. I'd take my chances with someone else.

This is not a good look for the Bills' HC.

@twobillsdrive

Bills' Marrone was unaware of Hughes' benching: '"I knew originally after the penalty, I know we talked... http://bit.ly/1ucfTzR #Bills

That's terrible.

It's also terrible to bench a guy, one of your best, for the third of a total of three unsportsmanlike penalties in the biggest game this franchise has had in 15 years.

I believe Moroone when he says he didn't realize his best pass rusher was out for most of the second half. He was mic'd up against KC and he sounds like a complete imbecile. After Brown's fumble out of the end zone, he said "Er, uh, we ust lost seven points, right...right?" I digress.

Moroone spends all his time working with Hackoff in developing the brilliant offensive game plans and play calling we see on Sundays and has NOTHING to do with the defense. That explains Hackoff's arrogance about his offensive prowess (if the HC is ur buddy and you work with him every week on the offense, why worry???).

Edited by Wiz

I do have to say one thing about Coach Marrone and Jerry Hughes.

I recall during the 2005 season when the Seattle Seahawks had a great offense and a great defense on their run to the SB XL. Coach Holmgren was asked how much he gets involved in the defense. He said about all he does is if the other team gets a good drive going, he turns to Ray Rhodes and says, "why can't we stop these guys?"

Seems a little strange but I'm not so sure it's that out of the ordinary.

Maroon unaware. C'mon man, that does not pass the smell test. Orton and Maroon, two pu$$ies in a pod.

The whistle blew after Pears delivered the hit. You play to the whistle. BS call by the refs.

The NFL disagrees with you. it is not played that way anymore. Players can not take unnecessary cheap shots. The refs throw the flag on it every time. The one yesterday was away from the play and against a guy probably 70-80lbs lighter than Pears.

Pears has been doing this crap all year. I can't wait for him to be gone. He is a poor blocker and shows he is a stupid player when he does the things he did yesterday.

I do have to say one thing about Coach Marrone and Jerry Hughes.

I recall during the 2005 season when the Seattle Seahawks had a great offense and a great defense on their run to the SB XL. Coach Holmgren was asked how much he gets involved in the defense. He said about all he does is if the other team gets a good drive going, he turns to Ray Rhodes and says, "why can't we stop these guys?"

Seems a little strange but I'm not so sure it's that out of the ordinary.

But that's incredibly different than marrone has stated both in saying that all calls go through him previously and that the position coach would need permission to reduce hughes snaps

Or... maybe the coaches identified that Peyton Manning was simply not going to allow any of our defensive linemen to touch him. The ball was coming out of his hand on the rare occasions when he decided to pass the ball within 2 seconds.

In fact, the defensive formations were more or less pleading with Manning to run the ball, which is exactly what he decided to do. For the most part that plan worked, as the defense kept the Broncos' offense in check. Alas, the whiffed tackle by A. Williams on the long Thompson run and the poor officiating on the part of the refs further aided the Broncos' offense and led to the 3 TDs they scored.

I really think Hughes' playing time is a non-issue. I guarantee he sees ample snaps next week against Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.

i thought it was a non issue as well until I saw this thread. Made sense to me as far as the game and what Denver was doing.

The NFL disagrees with you. it is not played that way anymore. Players can not take unnecessary cheap shots. The refs throw the flag on it every time. The one yesterday was away from the play and against a guy probably 70-80lbs lighter than Pears.

Pears has been doing this crap all year. I can't wait for him to be gone. He is a poor blocker and shows he is a stupid player when he does the things he did yesterday.

I agree with what you're saying here. Unnecessary roughness gets called no matter what.

My gripe is with the ref that said the penalty occurred after the play when it was clearly before the whistle.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree with what you're saying here. Unnecessary roughness gets called no matter what.

My gripe is with the ref that said the penalty occurred after the play when it was clearly before the whistle.

GO BILLS!!!

Very similar to how Freddie got blown up after an incomplete pass, yet no call.

Edited by GG