Doug Marrone: Jerry Hughes Wasn't Disciplined by Me

Nope. The only thing that adds up is that it's no one but Marrone's decision. And he wasn't in the game.

Yup. 100%.

How do you not know if one of your best players and playmakers is on the field or not, and what the reason is. That answer was bull ****.

The Broncos clearly knew he wasn't in the game, and they took advantage for 10 points.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I smell an answer coming -

"We took jerry out for a drive or two to cool down, then simply following normal rotations he was scheduled to be out part of the third"

And then never speak of it again

And people will love to hate on that. It's already killing you.

Then he needs to order him in the game.

Marrone brags he is in control,of all three phases of the game. He says all plays on offense and defense go through me. He's the coach. I really doubt that Schwartz would have benched him. It's possible but I doubt it.

And if Schwartz did, why wouldn't the HC overrule it and bring him back. For Marronne to say that he did not bench him, but as a HC did not see his presence (One of the most important cogs on the defense) indicates either of two things: Either Maronne is lying or he has simply lost this team as he has no visibilty on what is happening on the field.

And if Schwartz did, why wouldn't the HC overrule it and bring him back. For Marronne to say that he did not bench him, but as a HC did not see his presence (One of the most important cogs on the defense) indicates either of two things: Either Maronne is lying or he has simply lost this team as he has no visibilty on what is happening on the field.

Right. I can't imagine Schwartz did. Possible but highly unlikely. And if he did then Marrone needs to say get him in the game. From what I just heard from Marrone on the post game, I think he is just flat lying.

In all fairness, Schwarz does have a history of coaching one of the most undisciplined DLs in the game, and he benched him regularly.

Or maybe not.

Not saying that Schwartz was right or wrong in how he handled Donkey Kong, just odd that he would pull Hughes out given his history.

Have the Pegula's asked him what they are paying Mike Williams to do?

At the end of the year they should ask him and evaluate accordingly, now it's not the time for the owner to meddle into things such as a player not getting playing time.

Marrone is a train-wreck of mediocrity. Hughes not playing, and continually having M. Williams not play while stone hands Goodwin is out there is absurd. The sooner him, Hackett and Crossman are gone the better.

In all fairness, Schwarz does have a history of coaching one of the most undisciplined DLs in the game, and he benched him regularly.

Or maybe not.

Not saying that Schwartz was right or wrong in how he handled Donkey Kong, just odd that he would pull Hughes out given his history.

Marrone is trying to blame Schwartz, who clearly didn't bench him, but then not blame him because he (Schwartz) didn't do it. Marrone sees Schwartz as a threat, since the defense is the only functional part of this team.

In obvious run situations, Lawson is typically in, since he is the better run defender. That may have explained more Lawson than Hughes.

Not really. One first downs, when the run defenders are in, like Spikes, Hughes is in, and he's been remarkably good against the run. He missed about a half.

In obvious run situations, Lawson is typically in, since he is the better run defender. That may have explained more Lawson than Hughes.

You may be on to something here. Hughes had a rough first half vs. the run, but not any worse than what Lawson and Bradham did on that 47 yard run in the 3rd. Certainly didn't see anything screaming "bench him." Hard to believe the personal foul penalty was enough to get him benched, too.

GO BILLS!!!

You may be on to something here. Hughes had a rough first half vs. the run, but not any worse than what Lawson and Bradham did on that 47 yard run in the 3rd. Certainly didn't see anything screaming "bench him." Hard to believe the personal foul penalty was enough to get him benched, too.

GO BILLS!!!

Aaron Williams screwed up huge on that big run too, FWIW