Doug Marrone: Jerry Hughes Wasn't Disciplined by Me

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two of those penalties we never got sufficient explanations for, one we never even got to see a replay of. Makes it easy to believe the refs are targeting Hughes as Aaron Williams says.

maybe if hughes kept his mouth shut and quit verbally abusing refs for missed holding calls, they would stop targeting him.

just a selfish mentally challenged, undisciplined player.

Edited by papazoid

@buffalobills: Doug Marrone: "I'm going to play the players who give us the best chance to win until they prove otherwise except for that time I benched my best pass rusher and blamed it on pepper johnson

You honestly think that is how it went down?!

How many that are up in arms today about this benching supported the benching of Stevie for his celebration penalties?

Marrone is either oblivious or a liar and neither look is a good look

Doubt he cares.

Like most NFL coaches - the redundant waste of time called the media session is what coaches dread most. And no, not because these sharp , probing questions are going to reveal something negative about them... because it's a complete waste of time full of arm chair Qb's speculating on things the team shouldn't / don't want to / or are not allowed to reveal.

How many that are up in arms today about this benching supported the benching of Stevie for his celebration penalties?

Same reaction as for Stevie.

Like it or not, but star players get a bit more leeway than jags. It's a star driven business and career .400 coaches usually don't recognize that, and that's why they stay .400 coaches.

Marrone is just a casual spectator on game day. He only knows basics like: 4th down is the punting down. I haven't seen any situational awareness out of him. He doesn't deserve defense this good if he doesn't even notice they aren't on the field or know why they're not. Same thing happened vs Pats when Mario and Hughes were benched as the Pats ran away with the game.

Can he really be that oblivious?

i know he cant keep up with every players snap count all game long but youd think a guy like hughes over an extended period he would notice. especially since the broncos seemed to notice.

Edited by NoSaint