Ok Can We Trade Every Pick We Have Left?

coltrane34

So you get a 1st rounder, lets dream big the #1 over all .You think there's a QB out there that has an 89% chance of being great?? Winston, the guy from Oregon? The rate of failures is much higher than success.

Not disagreeing that we need better QB play, but thinking a 1st rounder will solve the problem is way off base

Is It possible to trade everything for a FA QB or First Rounder? Again? Can we take the Ricky Williams route? With a good QB this team is in the playoffs.

Why would you need to trade anything for a FA QB?

And since you are aware of the Ricky Willians trade why are you asking if it's possible to trade all of their picks for a first rounder?

If this team is going to make a trade for a QB it will most likely be for someone like RG3 or Cutler instead of first rounder.

Edited by Max997

One name

Drew Brees.....

NO draft choice is going to get you where you need to be next year, or even the year after (That's assuming you could somehow get a top prospect, this year) Even if (big IF) Manual develops it's going to take a couple years for him as well, you need an established QB that knows how to win. Let face it with this defense we should be in a win now mode.

I don't know if they would let him go or not, but pretty much any player is available for the right price.....all I'm saying is what's the price?

If we could acquire Brees we would be right in the discussion as SB Favorites.

Edited by gordong

First, lets name off the elite QB's that are currently playing. P. Manning, Rothlesburger, Brees, Brady, Rogers, and maybe Andrew Luck who more likely falls into the better than average category.

Next, list the better than average QB's. R. Wilson, Kaepernick, E. Manning, Flaco and maybe Nick Foles.

All other QB's until proven otherwise are serviceable. We already have (clearing my throat and making a funny face...) serviceable. Now.....of the above list of Elite and better than average could be available via FA or an all out trade. Forget the Elite QB list, we wont get one...they wont be available for any amount of picks or players for trade. Team's do not get rid of elite QB's! Out of the better than average pile, who might be available as a trade pick up or FA? Maybe Kaepernick or Flaco, based on performance this year, but I don't see SF dropping or trading Kaep. Flaco is probably the only QB we or any other team looking for a veteran QB would have a legit opportunity of getting.

I would be okay with Flaco, he is definitely better than Orten! Flame away!!!

BigPappy

Edited by BigPappy

As ridiculous as this thread is, I'll play along since it got me thinking since last night and I believe I have an actual answer:

Matt Ryan. Hear me out.

Mike Smith is as good as gone, and the Falcons will be going into re-build mode this year. They just signed Ryan to a pretty big contract and from day 1 the people of Atlanta have been questioning it since there is such little around him.

Atlanta gets all of our draft picks to help them build, while dumping that big contract. The Bills get the one piece that is really missing from this team.

If all we came out of the offseason with was:

1. Re-signing Hughes and Searcy

2. Acquiring Matt Ryan

3. The return of Kiko

4. Sign 4 FA Guards

Id be happy. No need for rookies.

Just my crazy idea for something that isnt going to happen. I dont think any other team (Giants, Panthers, etc) are willing to trade their QBs as much as Atlanta would be (and I dont think they are actually that willing).

One name

Drew Brees.....

NO draft choice is going to get you where you need to be next year, or even the year after (That's assuming you could somehow get a top prospect, this year) Even if (big IF) Manual develops it's going to take a couple years for him as well, you need an established QB that knows how to win. Let face it with this defense we should be in a win now mode.

I don't know if they would let him go or not, but pretty much any player is available for the right price.....all I'm saying is what's the price?

If we could acquire Brees we would be right in the discussion as SB Favorites.

Getting a bit carried away here....

As ridiculous as this thread is, I'll play along since it got me thinking since last night and I believe I have an actual answer:

Matt Ryan. Hear me out.

Mike Smith is as good as gone, and the Falcons will be going into re-build mode this year. They just signed Ryan to a pretty big contract and from day 1 the people of Atlanta have been questioning it since there is such little around him.

Atlanta gets all of our draft picks to help them build, while dumping that big contract. The Bills get the one piece that is really missing from this team.

If all we came out of the offseason with was:

1. Re-signing Hughes and Searcy

2. Acquiring Matt Ryan

3. The return of Kiko

4. Sign 4 FA Guards

Id be happy. No need for rookies.

Just my crazy idea for something that isnt going to happen. I dont think any other team (Giants, Panthers, etc) are willing to trade their QBs as much as Atlanta would be (and I dont think they are actually that willing).

Forgot about Matt Ryan. I would put him into the better than average category. Like you say, it would never happen, but I like the scenario.

BigPappy