Is it possible to make a better play than Hughes did?

Kelly the Dog

Is Kelvin Sheppard for Jerry Hughes looking like one of the best trades in franchise history?

And what is Indy doing with trades lately ....trades for Trent Richardson with Cleveland. Trades away Hughes to us.

their new FO is trash since Polians were fired, Grigson was hired and then Dir of Player Personnel Telesco went to SD.

I can't imagine the Bills letting Hughes go after this season. He's arguably the highest impact player on the defense right now, right up there with Mario. I'd honestly rather have Hughes on the line than Dareus if it comes to that for cap planning beyond 2015... the guy is just unstoppable. If he isn't a Pro Bowler this year I don't know what to say.

Pay the man and keep our dline intact! He did it with speed, he bull rushed joe Thomas, he did it with hustle and tenacity. Man did the colts !@#$ up.

Might I add Hughes had one of the greatest leaps celebrating the td. I think he ended up in 4th row

The wrath of letting Polian go....felt by the Bills, The Carolina Panthers, and the Colts....but Andrew Luck is so damn good it covers a lot of mistakes.

Must admit, I like the way this team looks with Hughes, more than I do without him!

Go Bills

Hughes is going to get a ridiculous payday this offseason

Hopefully from the Bills... I can't believe there hasn't been much discussion about resigning him before this thread. He's turned into a total stud since the trade and he's only 26.

I can't imagine the Bills letting Hughes go after this season. He's arguably the highest impact player on the defense right now, right up there with Mario. I'd honestly rather have Hughes on the line than Dareus if it comes to that for cap planning beyond 2015... the guy is just unstoppable. If he isn't a Pro Bowler this year I don't know what to say.

You make a great point. While I've been loving Dareus, I feel more comfortable that we have better back-up DTs on this team to replace him than DEs to replace Hughes.... want them BOTH though!

Edited by cage

Hopefully from the Bills... I can't believe there hasn't been much discussion about resigning him before this thread. He's turned into a total stud since the trade and he's only 26.

You make a great point. While I've been loving Dareus, I feel more comfortable that we have better back-up DTs on this team to replace him than DEs to replace Hughes.... want them BOTH though!

there has been a ton of discussion on this board about resigning him.i think there is at least one thread per week!

hughes is the most over rated player on the team.

was PANCAKED 8 times (total pancakes on all other d lineman was zero).

had 1 solo tackle (tied for 10th best on the team).

had zero sacks.

is a one trick pony, all speed and no power.

but that one play sure was nice.

He's been a lot more powerful this season and been a huge contributor to collapsing pockets. I feel like I could have agreed with this last season, but Hughes has certainly been playing at an all around elite level.

hughes is the most over rated player on the team.

was PANCAKED 8 times (total pancakes on all other d lineman was zero).

had 1 solo tackle (tied for 10th best on the team).

had zero sacks.

but that one play sure was nice.

You forgot all those penalties he drew from the HOF LT he was up against

You forgot all those penalties he drew from the HOF LT he was up against

oh yea, I forgot to mention penalties.

for this game hughes behaved himself and I give him credit for drawing those holding calls on Thomas.

for the season, hughes is a mental midget.

hughes, bradham, A. Williams, lee smith and spikes are on the bills top 5 all-dumb team for stupid selfish penalties.

hughes is like jairus byrd part II. everyone looks at the turnovers & sacks (which are huge) but ignore all the other weaknesses.

hughes has 3 forced fumbles and zero passes batted down to go along with his 9.5 sacks.

someone like Searcy has 2 forced fumbles and 3 interceptions and doesn't get the same recognition as hughes.

hughes is a nice player, but he is NOT on the same level as Mario, kyle and dareus.

Hughes is the man "in Buffalo" - he will command big bucks on the open market - but he is the benefactor of three pro bowl defensive lineman. If he goes elsewhere his agent better get him an enormous signing bonus because I do not think he will ever live up to expectations anywhere else. He fits our defensive scheme perfectly and if he does not have a Mario, Dareus and Kyle along side him, as a smaller defensive end he will not a major factor. Just look at his career in Indianapolis. I hope he stays here and get a big signing bonus and big bucks on a long term deal - because here in Buffalo he will see the end of that deal - elsewhere he may be a cap cut after a couple of seasons.

oh yea, I forgot to mention penalties.

for this game hughes behaved himself and I give him credit for drawing those holding calls on Thomas.

for the season, hughes is a mental midget.

hughes, bradham, A. Williams, lee smith and spikes are on the bills top 5 all-dumb team for stupid selfish penalties.

hughes is like jairus byrd part II. everyone looks at the turnovers & sacks (which are huge) but ignore all the other weaknesses.

hughes has 3 forced fumbles and zero passes batted down to go along with his 9.5 sacks.

someone like Searcy has 2 forced fumbles and 3 interceptions and doesn't get the same recognition as hughes.

hughes is a nice player, but he is NOT on the same level as Mario, kyle and dareus.

Thomas is seen as a future HOFer. Penalized 7 times this year. 4 vs. Jerry Hughes. Allowed 3 qb Hits all year, 1 by hughes.

Hughes is the man "in Buffalo" - he will command big bucks on the open market - but he is the benefactor of three pro bowl defensive lineman. If he goes elsewhere his agent better get him an enormous signing bonus because I do not think he will ever live up to expectations anywhere else. He fits our defensive scheme perfectly and if he does not have a Mario, Dareus and Kyle along side him, as a smaller defensive end he will not a major factor. Just look at his career in Indianapolis. I hope he stays here and get a big signing bonus and big bucks on a long term deal - because here in Buffalo he will see the end of that deal - elsewhere he may be a cap cut after a couple of seasons.

You could argue that he's the beneficiary with Kyle, Marcell, and Mario being his benefactors who allow him to mostly be singled up against OTs. Whatever the case, he's an outstanding talent in his own right.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/bills-notebook-playing-in-contract-year-hughes-is-on-the-money-20141130

Bills linebacker Brandon Spikes pulled Hughes back to his feet. Hughes said he realized he could score, “When I get up and Spikes yells, ‘Run!’ That’s when I took off.”

Spikes states in post game interview that Spikes was the one who realized play was not dead and helped Hughes to feet. It was a heads up play

And notice Spikes - he knows the play is alive and is helping him to his feet to get him going.