Johnny Football. Meet the Meatball.

YoloinOhio

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Color me ignorant, but why is this guy super popular, but other young QBs are basically never talked about?

Johnny's a playmaker. He's balls to the wall and lays it all on the line to make plays. He'll grow out of the punk stage and is starting to already. What teammate doesn't love a guy like that? Hoyer executes an offense and is one of the league's top backups. I can't say if Manziel is good enough for this league but he'll make the most out of his opportunities.

The league's scouts have Hoyer pretty well figured out. Knowing how Pettine coaches, I think Manziel gets his first start next weekend.

Fwiw, that was a lousy snap that caused the play. Otherwise he had one other real drive and he went right down the field and scored, displaying all the stuff he needs to do.

For a quarter of play, against that D, he looked rather decent if not good. He even took a couple smacks and laughed them off. Hoyer was terrified after getting a couple hits.

Fwiw, that was a lousy snap that caused the play. Otherwise he had one other real drive and he went right down the field and scored, displaying all the stuff he needs to do.

For a quarter of play, against that D, he looked rather decent if not good. He even took a couple smacks and laughed them off. Hoyer was terrified after getting a couple hits.

I'll be rooting for him from here on out. Love the way the guy plays, just no idea if it'll translate.

I'll be rooting for him from here on out. Love the way the guy plays, just no idea if it'll translate.

Exactly my feelings. I love watching him play. I hope he does well. He has a chance. I actually wanted The Bills to draft him if they didn't get Watkins, although for different reasons than most people. I didn't think there was any chance of it so I didn't really lobby for it or discuss it as a possibility.

People that haven't watched a lot of him I think have a different idea of him than the player he is. He has a really good, live arm from the pocket. There were 1-2 passes today where you could briefly see it. He's way better I think than people give him credit for because he's a punk. And he's clearly a punk.

It was against our backup d line. Also, we had to completely adjust from going against a pocket passer to a scrambler. This is a tough adjustment in the middle of the game, see Mike Vick in the first Jets game.

I think our starting d line would eat him alive. He got off easy today. Time will tell I guess for his career.

B3vhkvuIYAI2zyz.jpg

God, I love Peter Griffin. He just tossed him like a rag with 2 hands.

Yes he does, and I wondered the same thing at the time.

But if you watch the replays over and over in slow motion, it was clear he had possession inbounds.

It should have been a TD for the Bills, pure and simple.

Same as the fumble they called back. Elbow down, runner down. Robey was inbounds.

My problem was that it was ruled a fumble on the field and to say that his arm was clearly going forward on the replay is complete BS. It was a matter of whether or not he actually tucked the ball back in (which it appeared he did to me), so for the ref to say that he saw enough evidence to overturn that call is freaking BS.

It was against our backup d line. Also, we had to completely adjust from going against a pocket passer to a scrambler. This is a tough adjustment in the middle of the game, see Mike Vick in the first Jets game.

I think our starting d line would eat him alive. He got off easy today. Time will tell I guess for his career.

God, I love Peter Griffin. He just tossed him like a rag with 2 hands.

Not to mention, a pass going right through the hands of (Searcy?) a Bills player.