Report: Harbaugh very likely gone [update: now gone]

YoloinOhio

he's so great he's available...that usually happens great coaches are fired during a season 3 years in. The "Old" Bills would fire Marrone and start all over again, this isn't THAT Bills team. Marrone and Whaley are building a good team and will be allowed to continue ...just as good organizations do it.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why is he being canned?

I will give you effort points for at least trying to quantify some of this. (The "he is good with QBs" argument is the opposite of objective, quantifiable argument....because um, John Gruden was "good with QBs" as well :lol::rolleyes:)

Lets put this on a number scale, with 0 being an 7-9/8-8 team, -5 being the worst team in the league, and 5 being perennial playoff team. Where were the 49ers on that scale when Harbaugh took over? Where did he get them?

Now....where were the Lions on that scale, and where did Schwartz get them?

Yeah, it's not even close. You take a team that's at -5, and take them to the playoffs(Schwartz)/hovering around 4 vs. a team that's floating around between 1 and 2, and get them to 5?

That's my quantifiable, objective arugment. Poke holes if you can.

I agree with your basic premise. Why is being canned if he's an elite coach? That is a reasonable question.

Thereafter, my main issue is that you created parameters, assigned values and referred to it as both quantifiable and objective. I'd think it's rather easy to poke holes in your analysis, actually.

I'd be surprised if he moves to another NFL team especially when universities and their boosters are willing to give him the space and tolerance his personality requires and the money to get the job done.

I think Jack Del Rio will be Oakland's coach next year.

"Reporter Matt Maiocco came to his conclusion after speaking with "numerous people close to both sides." Per Maiocco, Harbaugh's relationship with GM Trent Baalke is no longer tenable, and he has "alienated a lot of people inside the organization." Maiocco also believes that Harbaugh wants to remain in the NFL if/when he moves on from the 49ers. Harbaugh has one year remaining on his contract, but will either be fired or traded.

Although it makes for great gossip, a trade isn't likely."

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/302725/overwhelming-sentiment-harbs-done-w-49ers

I agree with your basic premise. Why is being canned if he's an elite coach? That is a reasonable question.

Thereafter, my main issue is that you created parameters, assigned values and referred to it as both quantifiable and objective. I'd think it's rather easy to poke holes in your analysis, actually.

Then poke.

Make no mistake, I'm not arguing for or against Schwartz. I simply haven't heard enough reasonable arguments for Harbaugh. If he's pissed off people in his own organization, what exactly prevents him from doing the same here?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Harbaugh is an egomaniac. I very much doubt he is going to Oakland, where all coaches go to die. I also very much doubt that Terry and Kim want a guy like that. I'm sure they won't mind a tough guy coach, but I doubt they want a me -me-me-screw you guy in their first hire. He's a good coach. But I dont think he's a good fit.

Jerry jones fired jimmy Johnson after winning two consecutive Super Bowls.

Ralph fired Polian after he built a team that went to 4 consecutive superbowls(or was he fired after the third?-either way it's messed up).

One mistake Harbaugh made was going to kaepernick, who isn't good and why they are struggling IMO. I don't think Harbough would make that mistake again.

Harbaugh is an amazing coach and the bills would be lucky to have him. I think it won't happen because I'm sure he will want some GM responsibilities wherever he goes and that won't happen with Whaley.

.My guess is, Harbaugh is likely thought to be a dick because he is the smartest [football] man in the room and can be quite brash about his opinions which turns other people off

"Reporter Matt Maiocco came to his conclusion after speaking with "numerous people close to both sides." Per Maiocco, Harbaugh's relationship with GM Trent Baalke is no longer tenable, and he has "alienated a lot of people inside the organization." Maiocco also believes that Harbaugh wants to remain in the NFL if/when he moves on from the 49ers. Harbaugh has one year remaining on his contract, but will either be fired or traded.

Although it makes for great gossip, a trade isn't likely."

http://www.rotoworld...bs-done-w-49ers

Can't trade HC's....

You people are really smokin crack if you think Marrone is going anywhere. The guy has done a good job. Geez!

Yup. With no QB, Offensive Line or healthy RB all season

We'd be talked of as super bowl contenders with Andy Dalton. I really believe that

Marrone has done an adequate job. He's made a lot of highly questionable decisions.

Did he really think Nate Hackett was the best OC he could get?

Why was Kraig Urbik sitting on the bench for half the season, and for practically all of last season?

Was Erik Pears, a player who has been an OT for most of his career, really the best option at RG for the Bills?

What in God's name did Mike Williams do to merit all of these healthy scratches? Do they expect us to believe that Chris Hogan is a better WR than him?

This is why, I do not see Marrone as a good coach.

Marrone has done an adequate job. He's made a lot of highly questionable decisions.

Did he really think Nate Hackett was the best OC he could get?

Why was Kraig Urbik sitting on the bench for half the season, and for practically all of last season?

Was Erik Pears, a player who has been an OT for most of his career, really the best option at RG for the Bills?

What in God's name did Mike Williams do to merit all of these healthy scratches? Do they expect us to believe that Chris Hogan is a better WR than him?

This is why, I do not see Marrone as a good coach.

And with all that he has this team that doesn't quit, plays hard every play, and is 7-5 and on the cusp of the playoffs in his 2nd year. Hmmm....seems as though he is doing more good things than bad. The grass isn't always greener.

If you are an NFL team you have to be wary of hiring Harbaugh. It is sorta like remarrying immediately after divorce. You're doomed to repeat your habits and mistakes and never learn from why things failed in the first one and how you contributed to it and just tank that one too.

He will more than likely clash with a new GM just like the old and alienate players just like he did in SF. You really do have to think- despite all that success there they want him gone YESTERDAY. As an NFL coach you have to actually work with people. You aren't a king like they make coaches in college where you can run over the AD and spar evenly with the university president.

I really don't see a lot of teams clamoring for his services in the NFL because of the expected baggage.